aspqrz02
Conscript

New install missing dx3dx9_31.dll in Windows 8.1

Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:37 pm

As it says.

Installed the latest download version (1.3) in my two day old desktop and it won't run from the Game Menu at all, no error message.

Going to the PON Folder and clicking the .exe file gives the error message in the header ... installed twice, and made no difference. Looked at the PON folder and, lo and behold, there is a file name dx3dx9_[color="#FF0000"]37[/color].dll ... so I renamed it as dx3dx9_[color="#FF0000"]31[/color].dll and click on the menu ... and it now works.

Crazy thing is, in the OLD Desktop machine, running Windows 7, I checked and it has the dx3dx9_[color="#FF0000"]37[/color].dll, but runs OK.

I don't know whether this is a missing or misnamed file in the .zip file for the game or whether it is some weird Windows 8.1 thing (I am failrly sure that the existing file works in my Windows 8.1 Laptop).

Just thought you should know.

(Also posted on MATRIX forums)

Phil

czert2
Brigadier General

Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:51 pm

isnatl latest dx9, idelay from microsoft site, that should fix your problem. DX9 drivers from 2008 are NOT exactly same as these from 2013 :) . They have added some files (for features/functions)/fixes.

hmm, i get in now, you simply have older dx9 drivers on your new laptop so it missed that file, renaming fixed it, which is strange, dont have you stability issues ?

Return to “PON Technical Support / Aide Technique”