Should I force the an end to the war between Great Britain and USA through script?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:21 am

Yes, it's ahistorical and compromises the campaign's realism.
22%
No, let's see where it leads.
22%
Give them more time, but end it if it goes on for a long time.
56%

Total votes: 9
HerrDan

Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:15 pm

Kensai wrote:Good to know! I have not abandoned you either! :D

It's great to know it as well! I'm very curious about the first world war chain you're working on! :D
"Das Glück hilft dem Kühnen."

German Empire PON 1880 AAR:http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?35152-German-Empire-not-quite-an-AAR

Tazmaniacs
Private

Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:46 am

loki100 wrote:Indeed, a beard so far over the top deserves to be properly displayed on the map :)

Its interesting to see how Japan is using naval invasions. I think the reason we don't see this in the 1850 campaigns is the AI doesn't build ships, clearly once it has the tools it will happily do invasions (I saw this in my game once I scripted in some late war fleets)

Got naval invasions in Morrocco, Algeria & Mauretania from Spain, playing as France in late 1850s (I know, this thread is old!). And they did force me to chase them quite a bit.

HerrDan

Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:19 am

Tazmaniacs wrote:Got naval invasions in Morrocco, Algeria & Mauretania from Spain, playing as France in late 1850s (I know, this thread is old!). And they did force me to chase them quite a bit.

Welcome aboard "Tazmaniacs".

German Empire PON 1880 AAR:http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?35152-German-Empire-not-quite-an-AAR

Peever
Conscript

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:59 am

Thank you for a great AAR Herr Dan. I just got back into this game while waiting for To End All Wars to come out (hopefully) at the end of August. This AAR made me buy the Scramble for Africa and I am enjoying this scenario. It is much easier to get into than the standard 1850 scenario. I have spent the past few nights reading this AAR before going to bed and now that I am caught up I hope you do find time to finish your game.

I am fascinated by the time period of this game and the aspects of the Age of Exploration and then the colonization of the 19th century and so few games cover this period. I have tried Paradox's games; Europa Universalis and Victoria 2 but I hate the real time nature of those games. Trying to mange global conflicts, economies, and colonization in real time is too frustrating to me. Pride of Nations is rough around the edges but the more I play it the more I enjoy it.

I'm looking forward to an explosive ending to this story. Deutschland über alles!

HerrDan

Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:17 pm

Peever wrote:Thank you for a great AAR Herr Dan. I just got back into this game while waiting for To End All Wars to come out (hopefully) at the end of August. This AAR made me buy the Scramble for Africa and I am enjoying this scenario. It is much easier to get into than the standard 1850 scenario. I have spent the past few nights reading this AAR before going to bed and now that I am caught up I hope you do find time to finish your game.

I am fascinated by the time period of this game and the aspects of the Age of Exploration and then the colonization of the 19th century and so few games cover this period. I have tried Paradox's games; Europa Universalis and Victoria 2 but I hate the real time nature of those games. Trying to mange global conflicts, economies, and colonization in real time is too frustrating to me. Pride of Nations is rough around the edges but the more I play it the more I enjoy it.

I'm looking forward to an explosive ending to this story. Deutschland über alles!

Thank you very much for your feedback, I love when someone write that they're enjoying it that much :rolleyes: and to "hear" that you bought this amazing game because of me is priceless :coeurs: , I feel very honored to read it. I'm very busy at the moment (not only working a lot, but also beta testing EAW), but I intend to resume this AAR as soon as possible and end this game in great style, hopefully being victorious in a world war in the name of honour and justice! Deutschland über alles!

Egg Bub
Major

Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:53 am

Moar! :cthulhu:

HerrDan

The Peace Offer

Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:36 pm

I have finally reached a consensus with my ministries and we have decided the terms of the british surrender and sent them the much anticipated peace offer, as I think the British Crown has no other choice but to agree to our terms, I think the war is probably going to end within a month.The British Crown shall pay us a small reparation for the costs involved in waging this unnecessary war for the next three years and cede territories that should belong to the German Crown after all. I have decided to not asks much from them as we still hope to keep good relations with the british in the future and, specially for the sake of balance in the World. The americans have proved to be an ascending power after they have defeated the british and we do not want Canada to fall in their hand.

[ATTACH]33033[/ATTACH]

PS:I have finally managed to get some time to update this AAR. I thank all my readers for their interest and support and a special thanks to the AGEOD team that has designed this masterpiece of a game and still find the time to improve it with patches etc. Thank you all.
Attachments
2015-02-22 16_09_37-Greenshot.jpg

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:55 pm

Hello HerrDan,

I just finished reading all of your AAR and wanted to say that it was excellent! I'm pretty new to Pride of Nations so stuff like this is great for me to better learn the game. Thank you.

HerrDan

Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:21 am

Field Marshal Hotzendorf wrote:Hello HerrDan,

I just finished reading all of your AAR and wanted to say that it was excellent! I'm pretty new to Pride of Nations so stuff like this is great for me to better learn the game. Thank you.

Hello Herr Hotzendorf,

I really appreciate your comment and I'd like to thank you for that. This game is a masterpiece and it's great to know that you have enjoyed reading my AAR, I hope it has served you well and know that if you need any kind of help with the game, I'd be glad to help you and know that this AAR isn't finished yet. Soon I intend to resume it once again.

Cheers,
Daniel.

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:28 am

HerrDan,

Thank you. And yes, this game is excellent! Can't wait to read more on your AAR.

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:46 pm

Hello HerrDan,

Any new updates to post?

HerrDan

Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:58 am

Field Marshal Hotzendorf wrote:Hello HerrDan,

Any new updates to post?

I soon intend to continue playing and post updates, just need to finish a research for my Uni to find the time to resume the AAR.

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:43 pm

Sounds great HerrDan! I would love to this AAR play all the way through to the end. Thank you.

HerrDan

Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:46 am

Field Marshal Hotzendorf wrote:Sounds great HerrDan! I would love to this AAR play all the way through to the end. Thank you.

Thank you very much for the support Herr Hotzendorf! I think I'll have time to resume the AAR this weekend.

Cheers.

HerrDan

The British Surrender

Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:54 pm

The British Empire finally surrenders and accept our very honorable Peace Offer. It has been stipulated that: The British Empire shall pay us a fair reparation for the war they have clearly and unjustifiebly provoked; It must cede us the rightly German territories of Solomon Islands and Papua; The British Empire shall no longer claim any of the territories in Central Africa and accept the German Empire Sovereignty over the above mentioned territories (this one is particularly vague and that's the way we want it to be); The British Empire shall completelly abandon its "Two-Power Standard" policy, thus accepting the German supremacy at the Sea.

[ATTACH]33761[/ATTACH]

In the New World, the cuban rebellion continues and The United States declared war on Spain, supposedly to defend the cuban people, but we know very well the yankee's ambition and I gave the spanish my political support, although I don't see a war with the americans on the horizon, as the German people is very war weary, after years of war against Russia and The British Empire. Let's hope our economic support is enough for Spain to win this war by itself, with our economic aid of course...

[ATTACH]33762[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2015-06-14 13_53_43-Greenshot.jpg
2015-06-14 13_09_14-Greenshot.jpg

HerrDan

Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:08 am

Portugal is a decadent power and the abuses and crimes the portuguese have commited against the natives in their colonies and territories are well known all over the world. The portuguese have supported the british in their unjust war against the German Empire and now that the war against the british is over, the German Empire feels it's necessary to act as the arbiter in Europe. We shall champion the cause of Justice and Honour. So, in the name of the natives from the territory known as Angola, we demand that Portugal cede the mandate of this territory to the expansion of the German mandate of Südwestafrika in the name of the order and progress of the region and the people that inhabit this region. We really hope we can resolve the issue pacifically (hah!).

[ATTACH]33765[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2015-06-14 21_06_09-Greenshot.jpg

HerrDan

Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:52 am

As we feared, the portuguese refused to cooperate. They represent a threat to world peace and we must act now, before it's too late. I therefore declare that we had no choice but to declare war against Portugal! But the German people can rest assured that this one shall be a short war and thus, there'll be no need for more drafts.

[ATTACH]33766[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2015-06-14 21_48_59-Greenshot.jpg

HerrDan

Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:00 am

The loyal General von Hausen has already disembarked in Luanda, capital of Angola. We expect Luanda to fall pretty quickly and we're already considering landing in Lisbon to quickly finish this pointless war.

[ATTACH]33769[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2015-06-14 22_59_25-Greenshot.jpg

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:09 am

Will you leave Portugal with any colonies, or take them all over for the German Empire? What does the Portuguese fleet look like these days? I doubt they will be of any issue for you. Awesome that you started this again!!

HerrDan

Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:50 am

Field Marshal Hotzendorf wrote:Will you leave Portugal with any colonies, or take them all over for the German Empire? What does the Portuguese fleet look like these days? I doubt they will be of any issue for you. Awesome that you started this again!!

My intention is to take Angola, that's what gave us the CB. The portuguese are a joke to my mighty German Reich, I don't expect much resistance. And their navy btw, must be very outdated, nothing compared to our Kriegsmarine that is now the undisputed Queen of the seas.

Thanks for the support :)

HerrDan

Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:00 am

Luanda fell without resistance, within the next days the rest of Angola shall be occupied. We're now preparing a force to invade Portugal itself, there's some dispute to know who shall command the invasion, but I think I'll choose an experienced commander for this special task...

[ATTACH]33771[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]33772[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2015-06-14 23_46_49-Greenshot.jpg
2015-06-14 23_52_49-Greenshot.jpg

HerrDan

Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:07 am

We have started blockading all Portugal's ports while we prepare for an invasion. Their inferior navy is avoiding engaging our superior fleet, in this fashion they hope to gain time to gather the support of another great power. If the british weren't so weakened after the war they lost to us, I'm pretty sure they would intervene, but as it is, at the moment, I wouldn't think any other power would dare to openly confront us.

[ATTACH]33788[/ATTACH]

While we prepare the invasion of Portugal, we are invading the rest of Angola without facing any serious resistance, with the exception of the weather of the region that is very harsh.

[ATTACH]33789[/ATTACH]

Reports have come to me that a great rebellion is taking place in our Südwestafrika. With so many of our local troops busy fighting the portuguese, the Hereros have taken the opportunity to openly revolt against our rule! We must quickly quell this rebellion and anihilate these rebels, so that they serve as an example of what happens to those who dare to oppose our magnanimous rule!

[ATTACH]33790[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2015-06-15 20_04_43-Greenshot.jpg
2015-06-15 20_00_58-Greenshot.jpg
2015-06-15 19_50_32-Greenshot.jpg

HerrDan

Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:10 am

This one seems to be their leader, we're already sending a force to deal with him and his rebel army!

[ATTACH]33791[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2015-06-15 20_11_06-Greenshot.jpg

Egg Bub
Major

Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:37 pm

Really cool that you have resumed this AAR. :)

HerrDan

Japan's Surprise Attack on Port Arthur!

Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:46 pm

Reports have come that Japan has launched a sudden, surprise attack on the Russian naval base of Port Arthur on the coast of Manchuria without the formality of declaring war.At dead of night Japanese destroyers found the Russian Pacific Fleet at anchor in the outer harbour, peacefully asleep with its lights on. They fired their torpedoes and hit two Russian battleships, the Tsarevich and the Retvizan, and the cruiser Pallada. When day came, Japanese battleships shelled the Russian warships, which had retreated into the protection of their shore batteries.

[ATTACH]33815[/ATTACH]

This is unbelieveable news! How dos this little asiatic power DARE to attack an European empire such as the Russian one? My cousin Nicky must be even more appalled than I! Attacking a superior without declaring war!? This is not acceptable! Let the world know that The German Reich gives its political support to the Russian Empire and that no such violations of international law shall be accepted! We must act with honour!
Attachments
2015-06-15 22_40_49-Greenshot.jpg

HerrDan

Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:33 pm

The invasion of Portugal has commenced! Our disembark wasn't as smooth as we thought it would be, but with more than a hundred men and about 1000 guns we think the Portuguese army won't have much chance of resisting! Hindenburg was hesitant to immediatly assault the city of Douro in the north of Portugal, so I'd written an instruction to put von Kluck in charge of the attack, as I've heard he's kind of an agressive general (and I love this word! Agressive!!!) and I think that's what we need to quickly finish this war. We need to capture Lisbon before Spring in order to not prolong this almost pointless war!

[ATTACH]33816[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]33817[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2015-06-16 13_25_38-Greenshot.jpg
2015-06-16 13_25_18-Greenshot.jpg

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Any thoughts of helping The Russian Empire in there war with Japan? Perhaps this would increase your influence in Asia and weaken a potential rival one day.

HerrDan

Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:32 pm

Porto has surrendered and the North of Portugal is already in our hands, now our forces are preparing to attack Lisbon. I'm intrigued that the portuguese still haven't sent any peace proposal, do they really expect to stand a chance against my Reich? Or do they expect any other power to side them in this conflict? I don't have any of these answers, but we shall continue the fighting in any case.

[ATTACH]33819[/ATTACH]

We have taken the entire Coast of Angola, isolating the portuguese colony. Now it's time to take the countryside. Unfortunately we weren't able to successfully invade Mozambica, we'll need to send reinforcements to the region as the natives regiment we've sent to invade Porto Amelia was completelly unprepared for the defense the portugese prepared.

[ATTACH]33821[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]33820[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2015-06-16 16_32_48-Greenshot.jpg
2015-06-16 16_20_50-Greenshot.jpg
2015-06-16 16_14_21-Greenshot.jpg

HerrDan

Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:38 pm

Field Marshal Hotzendorf wrote:Any thoughts of helping The Russian Empire in there war with Japan? Perhaps this would increase your influence in Asia and weaken a potential rival one day.

I'm seriously considering this possibility. I have sent a fleet of powerful battleships to the Yellow Sea in order to watch how do the events unfold in the region. In any situation we're prepared to help the russians if deemed necessary, but first we need to evaluate the situation better. But you might be right, I could not only increase my influence in Asia, but also help heal the wounds caused by our war with Russia, besides, the japanese have shown that they are not trustworthy.

HerrDan

Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:47 pm

The portuguese army tried an ambitious maneuver by dividing their already weakened forces trying to, at the same time, break the siege of Lisbon and retake the city of Porto, our armies performed brilhantly (as expected) and repelled both attacks inflicting heavy and irreparable losses to the portuguese army. Meanwhile, our battleships fleet commanded by Tirpitz stared a heavy bombardment against the city of Lisbon, shattering the portuguese fortress and opening the way for von Kluck's army to invade the Lusitanian Capital. During the heavy battles, Hindenburg got injured (!) and had to be trasnfered by sea to our naval base of Tangiers, after the shock, it's said that he's fine and shall be right back for service, but we think he should rest and let von Kluck in control of our forces in Portugal.
After these battles, it seems that the portuguese crown lost their hope and started the peace talks. They are trying to convince us to accept only part of the territory of Angola, but we don't think that is enough and if necessary we shall continue with the fights for as long as necessary.

Battle of Porto
[ATTACH]33822[/ATTACH]

Battle of Lisboa
[ATTACH]33823[/ATTACH]

The portuguese Peace Offer
[ATTACH]33824[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2015-06-16 19_44_07-Greenshot.jpg
2015-06-16 19_19_23-Greenshot.jpg
2015-06-16 19_17_37-Greenshot.jpg

Return to “PON AARs”