Should I force the an end to the war between Great Britain and USA through script?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:21 am

Yes, it's ahistorical and compromises the campaign's realism.
22%
No, let's see where it leads.
22%
Give them more time, but end it if it goes on for a long time.
56%

Total votes: 9
HerrDan

Mon May 05, 2014 8:03 am

The sinio-russian war is still dragging on...

[ATTACH]27777[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27778[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27779[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-05-05 04_01_07-Greenshot.png
2014-05-05 04_00_50-Greenshot.png
2014-05-05 04_00_36-Greenshot.png

Q-Kee
Lieutenant

Mon May 05, 2014 10:39 am

Since you asked for comments: What about zooming out for the screenshots about the war in Korea and use the "control" filter? Would make it easier to get the overall picture and follow progress. Although tbh your own game is more interesting than a border war in the Far East, if you ask me :)

HerrDan

Mon May 05, 2014 8:04 pm

Oh sorry about it, I thought the flags made it clear about who controls what, and I don't know how to "zoom out" :bonk:

I mean I just zoom into the places where action is happening, but thank you for the comment anyway :)

HerrDan

Tue May 06, 2014 7:29 am

Spain is having trouble with the tribes in their Melilla fortress in Spanish Morocco, well we just hope the "problem" won't spread through our Morocco...

[ATTACH]27798[/ATTACH]

The temperature is rising in the Far East. I guess the chinese won't be able to help the Joseon Government as they're still at war with Russia, it will become a confuded situation indeed if Japan sends troops to Korea...

[ATTACH]27799[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-05-06 03_17_29-Greenshot.png
2014-05-06 00_51_59-Greenshot.png

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue May 06, 2014 7:41 am

HerrDan wrote:Oh sorry about it, I thought the flags made it clear about who controls what, and I don't know how to "zoom out"

what can be quite informative is to zoom out to show the entire region, then select the military control filter (its one of the left hand ones on top of the mini-map). It does give a nice overview as it uses national colours etc.

In general, it appears as if the Far East is rather dominating world affairs at the moment, think the region needs the direct intervention of Germany?
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

HerrDan

Tue May 06, 2014 7:59 am

loki100 wrote:what can be quite informative is to zoom out to show the entire region, then select the military control filter (its one of the left hand ones on top of the mini-map). It does give a nice overview as it uses national colours etc.

In general, it appears as if the Far East is rather dominating world affairs at the moment, think the region needs the direct intervention of Germany?

How do I zoom out? Really...I don't know, I know how to use filters, but I don't know what is this "zoom out" you're talking about. :(

Well yes, we have a naval base in Guam that is not that far from the yellow sea, but what happens is that we don't have a cb against China, nor against Russia...all we need is a "reason" to intervene...(indeed I'm almost scripting an end to the sino-russian war, as it's leading nowhere...)

HerrDan

Tue May 06, 2014 8:27 am

Ok now a map of the situation in the Sino-Russian war with a zoomed out map and filter, the russians have most of Manchuria under their control, but are struggling to advance to Beijing, they also have a small force surrounded by rebels in Seoul

[ATTACH]27800[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-05-06 04_24_45-Greenshot.png

HerrDan

Tue May 06, 2014 8:31 am

Here we have Morocco where a conflict with spanish forces is happening in the spanish fortress of Melilla

[ATTACH]27801[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-05-06 04_29_04-Greenshot.png

Kensai

Tue May 06, 2014 8:36 am

Well, are you sure you want to script the war over? It is a land war between two huge nations that are bordering with great distances between their heartlands. It is expected it takes long. I would have prayed to the lords of the dices to have such a war in my own campaign and let it evolve. Unless the war score between them is not growing like for 5-10 years or so, you should not worry. Being at war means their AI is planning and investing in this.

And low intensity wars could take a long time... ;)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

HerrDan

Tue May 06, 2014 9:17 am

Kensai wrote:Well, are you sure you want to script the war over? It is a land war between two huge nations that are bordering with great distances between their heartlands. It is expected it takes long. I would have prayed to the lords of the dices to have such a war in my own campaign and let it evolve. Unless the war score between them is not growing like for 5-10 years or so, you should not worry. Being at war means their AI is planning and investing in this.

And low intensity wars could take a long time... ;)

I'm not sure, but I'm afraid this war might complicate some later events if it drags on for too long. I know a war like this tend to last for a long time and it's interesting to watch the AI waging this kind of war. I'll let it be, unless it goes on till the 20th century. :)

HerrDan

Tue May 06, 2014 9:26 am

Finally we have finished the naval base and fort at Tangiers, this will allow us to controll the entry to the Mediterranean sea and it's close enough to Gibraltar to allow us to invade the british enclave more easily.

[ATTACH]27802[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-05-06 05_23_08-Greenshot.png

HerrDan

Tue May 06, 2014 9:31 am

This is very strange, I already have some Guard's Regiment on the map but the tooltip says I have 0, :confused: is it supposed to mean that I have an unlimited pool of guards corps to build? I always thought there would be at most 6 of them, at least in the 1850 there was a limit for the number of guard corps I could have, I'd love to have someone to explain this to me.

[ATTACH]27803[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-05-06 05_28_45-Greenshot.png

HerrDan

Tue May 06, 2014 9:35 am

The russians are trying again to advance towards Beijing, the fight intensifies throughout Liaoxi.

[ATTACH]27804[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-05-06 05_33_39-Greenshot.png

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue May 06, 2014 11:14 am

HerrDan wrote:I'm not sure, but I'm afraid this war might complicate some later events if it drags on for too long. I know a war like this tend to last for a long time and it's interesting to watch the AI waging this kind of war. I'll let it be, unless it goes on till the 20th century. :)

if I recall, you may need Russia to hold Mukden for the Russo-Japanese war to fire, I can't think of any other event chains where a Sino-Russian war will break the chain. So in that sense, you want Russia to be able to force China to give up Manchuria?

HerrDan

Tue May 06, 2014 5:53 pm

loki100 wrote:if I recall, you may need Russia to hold Mukden for the Russo-Japanese war to fire, I can't think of any other event chains where a Sino-Russian war will break the chain. So in that sense, you want Russia to be able to force China to give up Manchuria?

I want to make sure that the Russo-Japanese war happens and I don't know how the game handle the lease of Kwantung to Russia.

HerrDan

Tue May 06, 2014 6:44 pm

Now I found the event for the Russo-Japanese war:

evt_nam_RUS_RussoJapaneseWar1904|1|2|evt_txt_RUS_RussoJapaneseWar1904|Event-img_RUS_RussoJapaneseWar1904|$Lushun|NULL

Conditions

SelectFaction = $RUS
EvalIsAtPeaceWith = JAP

SelectFaction = $FRA
EvalDiploItem = RUS;$diDefensiveTreaty;NOT

SelectFaction = $GER
EvalDiploItem = RUS;$diDefensiveTreaty;NOT
MinDate = 1904/02/08
MaxDate = 1919/12/31
Probability = 25

Actions
DescEvent = evt_desc_RUS_RussoJapaneseWar1904

SelectFaction = $RUS
ChangeFacMorale = -1

SelectFaction = $JAP
AddDiploItem = RUS;$diCBLong;CURRENT
SetSOIVals = JAP;$Colony_Manchuria;5

EndEvent

I think I'll have to change some of the conditions to make sure it happens.

HerrDan

Tue May 06, 2014 7:28 pm

I'm just worried as to how will the russians be able to grab Port Arthur for the Russo-Japanese war to make sense...

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue May 06, 2014 7:48 pm

HerrDan wrote:I'm just worried as to how will the russians be able to grab Port Arthur for the Russo-Japanese war to make sense...

Have a look at the scripts that Christophe generated around Japan's expansion. In a vanilla game (at least from 1850) they won't take Korea so the war becomes a bit pointless.

For the conditions, I think I stripped out the checks for defensive treaties with France and Germany, can't see what they are meant to do in this context. Also you may want to change the decision from 'CBLong' to 'War' (or at the least add a line that will drive relations between Russia and Japan to -100). Without this war, you don't get the 1905 revolution.

HerrDan

Tue May 06, 2014 8:10 pm

loki100 wrote:Have a look at the scripts that Christophe generated around Japan's expansion. In a vanilla game (at least from 1850) they won't take Korea so the war becomes a bit pointless.

For the conditions, I think I stripped out the checks for defensive treaties with France and Germany, can't see what they are meant to do in this context. Also you may want to change the decision from 'CBLong' to 'War' (or at the least add a line that will drive relations between Russia and Japan to -100). Without this war, you don't get the 1905 revolution.

I think the checks for defensive treaties with France and Germany are there because of the british alliance with the japanese, at the time the british said that if any other power tried to intervene they would enter the war on japanese side, but I think I'll strip out these checks, I'll have a look at Christophe's scripts.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed May 07, 2014 8:04 am

HerrDan wrote:I think the checks for defensive treaties with France and Germany are there because of the british alliance with the japanese, at the time the british said that if any other power tried to intervene they would enter the war on japanese side, but I think I'll strip out these checks, I'll have a look at Christophe's scripts.

aye but the checks are for the lack of a defensive alliance, I think this is another group of events that need some love and care, not least trying to make a more realistic Russian Revolution set of events. At the moment that requires Russia at war with Austria and Germany, so in theory you can be occupying Berlin and Vienna and a revolution triggered by defeat will break out. I'd prefer it to be based around war + NM (so it reflects military defeat).

HerrDan

Wed May 07, 2014 9:44 am

Agree completelly here. I haven't got that far in the game yet, but I think these events need some care and attention, I saw Christophe's scripts (I think he would have made it easier if he gathered all his work in a file, so I would only need to replace my, say "Rus 1880 events", instead of copying everything Christophe wrote, and sometimes, among the event text he explain his reasons to do something, which is great, but make it complicate to "copy" and "paste" the events) I'll have a deeper look at Christophe's thread , so I can think of what can I do about it, indeed the 1917 revolution must mirror the fact that Russia (against the common legend of being "invincible") was defeated by the central powers (or whatever in each game came to war with her), so what you say is very bad, specially if Russia is controlled by a player, I would consider it very "strange" to have a revolution in my Russia if I was, so to say, occupying Berlin and Vienna.

HerrDan

Wed May 07, 2014 11:31 am

Talking about that, has anybody any new from Christophe's whereabouts? He did a really marvelous work to improve many events in game, but it's been quite some time since I don't see him around the forum.

Kensai

Wed May 07, 2014 4:40 pm

Tell me specifically what you want corrected and I might find some time and do it. But I will need dates, nations involve, and situation to abstract described.

Christophe is still around, but busy, I guess.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:

HerrDan

Wed May 07, 2014 7:23 pm

I want the russians to get control over Manchuria and specially Port Arthur from the chinese, and that the Russo-Japanese war happens as historically (and Japan stands a chance to win). The thing is that the AI in most of these cases only get a cb, but they rarely uses such cb to declare war, that's why I think in many cases we need to replace the "cb" for a "war" in the events.

HerrDan

Thu May 08, 2014 3:12 am

Update on the situation on the Sino-Russian war:

From the east the russians are at the doors of Beijing
[ATTACH]27823[/ATTACH]

And they are now quickly advancing from the west crushing the chinese in a pincer movement
[ATTACH]27824[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-05-07 23_05_15-Greenshot.png
2014-05-07 23_04_51-Greenshot.png

HerrDan

Thu May 08, 2014 4:24 am

Tirpitz is now serving our nation, what is quite interesting, what is very disapointing is that he has no portrait...

[ATTACH]27825[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-05-08 00_21_01-Greenshot.png

HerrDan

Thu May 08, 2014 5:01 am

Would anyone like to tell me how to fix it?

Kensai

Thu May 08, 2014 10:22 am

Regarding Manchuria, create an event that passes the regions of "Manchuria Colony" to Russia, then end the war with the Chinese (or leave it on for local attrition). Then correct the Japanese event of the war to give a $diWar instead of a CB.

Regarding Tirpitz, we need to see where that model is pointing. Is the portrait in the database?
Großdeutschland Mod

HerrDan

Thu May 08, 2014 3:08 pm

The portrait is there at Pride of Nations\VGN\Graphics\Armies&Fleets\Leaders Army, I found it.

So I don't understand why it isn't displaying in game.

Please help me Kensai :bonk:

HerrDan

Thu May 08, 2014 4:26 pm

The situation on far east is very tense, the Qing government is on its knee and the russians have broke through in many fronts almost unopposed...

[ATTACH]27830[/ATTACH]

and to make things worse for the chinese, among the tensions in Korea and seeing China crumbling before the russian attack, Japan decides to declare war on China (given the situation I thought it was a very good moment for the japanese to intervene, so I scripted a declaration of war against China and Korea)

Japanese forces have already disembarked in China and Shanghai fell to the japanese forces (that really surprided me, as the AI isn't known for its amphibious attacks...)

[ATTACH]27831[/ATTACH]

The Western powers look astonished to the situation in the far east and Great Britain, feeling threatened by russian forces so close to british interests in China, request that Russia seek immediatly an "understanding" with the chinese government to end this war.
Attachments
2014-05-08 12_11_11-Greenshot.png
2014-05-08 12_02_53-Greenshot.png

Return to “PON AARs”