Agesilaus
Corporal

Year of 2 Emperors (AJE off-site AAR)

Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:46 pm

Hello everyone, feel free to watch everybody's favourite emperor, Otho, claim victory in the Year of 2 Emperors:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/year-of-2-emperors-historically-accurate-aje-scenario.104363/

The site itself is good for anyone who likes PC RPGs, too, so feel free to look around the site.

ess1
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:54 am

Thanks for this. Am enjoying your style of AAR :) . Hope you continue to notify us all here.

Note that this a pbem. Recently finish one with two others. I managed to obtain most VPs without leaving Judea!
Wretched fellow up north only joined faction with one turn to go! Not enough MPs.

If ever you wish for someone to join your merry band of AJE pbemers please PM me.

Agesilaus
Corporal

Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:06 pm

Yep, it's a PBEM, there are two other human players. They're not really participating in the thread, if only because they think it would give them an unfair advantage. I don't mind if they peek, though, because Otho is so powerful that they need some sort of help.

Seeing as they don't know about this thread, I can lay out my real strategy. I'm just doing massive naval patrols and a little bit of cavalry spying on Vespasian; I'm not interested in fighting him anytime soon. Most of my army is heading north to destroy Vitellius. I honestly hope Vitellius is not coming down south to avoid the Alps, because right now the bulk of my force is crossing the Alps to confront that army that's sieging me. If he does come around south, then he'll only be opposed by about 4 units of Auxiliaries, and whatever local militia I can summon.

Next turn two armies will arrive about a province away from the siege, and then the turn after that they will both come marching in to break the siege and route the northerners. Once that occurs, I will march a single army slowly north, sieging and taking provinces as I go. The rest of my army will head back across the Alps into Italy and I'll figure my next move.

If I do another PBEM after this I'll let you know. I'm actually pretty bad at this game, though.

Agesilaus
Corporal

Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:25 pm

For those watching, we are nearing the end.

Prepare for Armageddon:

arsan

Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:34 pm

Wow!! :blink: :thumbsup:

ess1
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:23 am

Thanks.

Agesilaus
Corporal

Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:01 pm

aaaaaaaaaand it's over.