Bodhis
Corporal

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:06 pm

Very interesting, thank you :)

yellow ribbon

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:35 pm

AARs opened before publishing should be sticky, a such links shall be, shall they? an own AAR subforum maybe...
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Stuyvesant
Lieutenant

Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:10 am

A fine decision to let us have a Beta AAR in Paradoxland (I really spend all of my time there, hence this is my first post on these forums). :) Bohémond, for what it's worth, a few comments from loki100 waxing lyrical about the game made me pre-order it last week (and since it wasn't on Gamersgate yet then, I ordered it directly from you guys), so that's at least one sale you can contribute (indirectly) to the AAR. :)

Looking forward to my copy unlocking and trying to beat up the mob of poorly trained slaves in the Spartacus revolt (I have a few AGEOD games and I utterly suck at all of them, so I'm aiming low ;) ).

Boomer
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:58 pm

Nice. This is gonna be one of those threads I look at 300 million times a day to keep me occupied until release.

I'm really loving how movement, battles, and leaders affect unit activation. Very cool idea.

Bodhis
Corporal

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:40 pm

Boomer wrote:Nice. This is gonna be one of those threads I look at 300 million times a day to keep me occupied until release.

That is actually exactly what I keep doing....

Boomer
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:15 pm

Ah, the refresh page button. It is a gift and a curse, isn't it?

Bertram

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Love the AAR, just wasted half a day on your RoP one....
Looking forward to lots of more time spend reading :)

Narwhal

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:12 pm

Stuyvesant wrote:A fine decision to let us have a Beta AAR in Paradoxland (I really spend all of my time there, hence this is my first post on these forums). :) Bohémond, for what it's worth, a few comments from loki100 waxing lyrical about the game made me pre-order it last week (and since it wasn't on Gamersgate yet then, I ordered it directly from you guys), so that's at least one sale you can contribute (indirectly) to the AAR. :)

Looking forward to my copy unlocking and trying to beat up the mob of poorly trained slaves in the Spartacus revolt (I have a few AGEOD games and I utterly suck at all of them, so I'm aiming low ;) ).

Loki100 is enthusiastic about all AGEOD games. Except NCP. OK, make it almost all AGEOD games :)

Bertram wrote:Love the AAR, just wasted half a day on your RoP one....
Looking forward to lots of more time spend reading :)

Thank you. I appreciate it. It takes even more time to write them :)

MarsRobert

Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:11 am

Great job man. Very well done. Thanks for posting. :) Your great annotated screenshots and cut-to-the-chase narrative made it easy to follow. Did you use Snagit to annotate the screenshots?

Dragoon!
Sergeant

Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:23 pm

Awesomeness on the beginners corners. You should give consideration to bundling them together as a manual suppliment, or something. I've been playing AGE games for some time now, and I never really understood the mechanics as well as I do now thanks to them.

Iuguolo Inimicus
Conscript

Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:19 pm

Beautifully done AAR! Really an excellent read for those who would like a crash course in the game. Great entertainment.

yellow ribbon

Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:27 pm

Iuguolo Inimicus wrote:Beautifully done AAR! Really an excellent read for those who would like a crash course in the game. Great entertainment.

i am stealing from Narwhal, see picture
Attachments
Howto.jpg
...not paid by AGEOD.

however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Return to “AJE: Alea Jacta Est AARs”