Bullman
Lieutenant

Error creating texture?

Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:10 pm

Hello

I used Snagit to open a BMP file (a region graphic) and add some graphics to it. I saved it out a a BMP file but the game now tells me "Error creating texture..." when I try starting the game.
What options may I need to select when saving out the BMP to make it work properly?

Thanks

Bull

Leibst

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:29 am

I'm not sure.
Try this, open your bmp with an editor, like GIMP, select all, copy. Open paint, paste it, save with the correct bmp name.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:01 am

Not sure why you're getting that error. I also own AJE and just tried editing a region (drew a big red heart on Londinium), saved it as a bmp and the game loaded fine.

I used Photoshop Elements. I just opened the file, edited it, then hit Save. A dialogue popped up and I selected BMP, then another dialogue opened. I selected 32 bit there (not sure that's necessary, though) and hit Save.

Be sure you didn't accidentally change the name of the file. Or change its size (when you added your graphics, did you somehow change the dimensions of the file?).

If your file has the same name as the original and is saved as a BMP and is of the same dimensions, it should load fine - unless there is something about the program you're using that works differently than Photoshop.

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:09 am

I'm not familiar with SnagIt but I suspect it's your problem. It probably isn't saving the file in a conventional format.

Try GIMP. It has plenty of features and, best of all, it's free. I've used it before and it does pretty much everything you need to do modding in AGEOD games.

Bullman
Lieutenant

Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:37 pm

Thanks for all replies. I tried basically what you all were suggesting....open/save in another editing program....I just opened ad saved all the file which were saved as BMP in Paint and they now work. Strange, but I think maybe in Snagit, there were to versions of BMP (1.5 and 2.0).

Return to “AJE Mods”