Harleyfrank
Conscript

I find it really difficult to read the messages

Mon May 12, 2014 11:20 am

I've now been playing this and a couple of other AGEOD games and I really struggle to read the messages. I've got the font setting to "Not small" but, the writing is so small, it really is hard to read.

Could do with it being a much larger font. Is there a way to change it other than by unticking the box in the game settings?

Thanks

Frank

lycortas2
Captain

Mon May 12, 2014 3:49 pm

You and me both. My eyes are not the same as twenty years ago.

Harleyfrank
Conscript

Mon May 12, 2014 4:06 pm

I can't really understand why the messages aren't on a pop up on an F key instead of taking up map space on the screen all the time. OK, the same window is used for unit selection, but again, this would be so much better as a popup too.

Would reduce screen clutter also, as well as being more readable. In fact, I'd get rid of the frame at the bottom of the screen completely and only have it appear as and when units are selected.

Maybe everyone else is using bigger screens than me? (17" widescreen laptop)

TJD
Sergeant

Mon May 19, 2014 12:19 am

+1.

It's the part of the interface that I like the least. It can be a real problem for me, especially in scenarios where you get 30+ messages in a turn, and I'm not lacking for screen space. I"ve got a stand-up desk and sometimes I wind up dragging the monitor forward to get a better view :)

Return to “Help to improve AJE”