pantsukki wrote:I've been enjoying the scenario so far, playing 1.02a, and haven't seen many leader deaths.
In January 195 I (Severus) received an event about his new military organization, mentioning levying new legions. Imagine my disappointment when none became recruitable! I could really use more legions, and also have lots of money (+NM) to recruit them. Perhaps some could be added to the force pool of the side that conquers Rome?
pantsukki wrote:So there were supposed to be new legions available?
Do you mean the whole Scripts folder? I hope they go backwards enough, as I've progressed quite many turns after that.
Bohémond wrote:The Event New Military organization create a new Praetorian unit in Roma.
It do not add any New legions to Froce pool.
As per your ScriptReports, it is working as designed.
Let me know if I have misunderstood your request.
pantsukki wrote:After playing through the scenario a few times as Severus and once as Albinus, here's some feedback:
1) The AI seems overly eager in breaking the "Pannonian alliance". Last time AI-Albinus broke it in 194 April, and when playing as Albinus, Severus declared me a public enemy already in January 194!
1b)Which leads me to another comment, when declaring me a public enemy Severus didn't even control Rome. Shouldn't that be a requirement?
2) Clodius' Batavian mercenaries have a massive CP requirement. IIRC it was 12(!) per unit.
3) As Clodius, taking Rome was very underwhelming. I received barely any troops. Severus gets one spawned praetorian (+later one more via the reorg event) unit in Rome, shouldn't that happen for others too? Also when playing as Severus I've always received ~3 legions after annexing Didius, but Clodius got nothing. Actually I think that the AI Severus received legions after my taking of Rome, because I encountered legions II Gallica, III Italica and I Germanica which aren't in the starting lineup for Severus. How's that possible? I'd really have liked to continue the game after the end date, crushing the Parthians and retaking all Roman territory, but it would've been very tedious with only 8 legions. So please give legions to anyone who takes Rome + Italy. Even better would be to add legions to a side's force pool as they conquer provinces/legion home regions.
4) Please add the option to recruit prisoner legions.
5) The Severian faction should really have surrendered, when I took Noreia their NM was 26, but they just kept on fighting. Yes, Severus was still alive, but at that point one might imagine that he would get assassinated by his own supporters who are tired of his failures?
6) Does the praetorian camp in Rome ever train replacements? I don't recall ever seeing a message about that in the log.
7) There was a small typo in the minor (should have been a major victory, I held all my objectives and had over 1000 VP's more than Pescennius, but still they held 1st place?) victory screen for Clodius, "did lay down" should be "didn't lay down", I think.
8) One more suggestion, not specific to this scenario, would it be possible to add a report screen to siege surrenders? Something like the current battle report screen. Would be really nice to know what units surrendered.
Edit: and contrary to the topic's claim, I think the scenario is very interesting! I'd just like to see it improved.
Bohémond wrote:Point 1 ; Owning Roma is not required for Albinus Public Enemy Options. Maybe it should. It will discuss withibn design team. Tweaking AI Proba could be discuss too.
Point 3 ; please provide your Script Folder ( AJE/Scripts). What you describe is not WAD.
Point 4 ; To be validate by desing team.
Point 8 ; Surrender is not a battle, talking about engine mechanism. I do not hink this kind of improvement would be seen in AJE series.
Other points will be answered later, they need more investigation.
Franciscus wrote:Regarding what should happen if Clodius captures Rome:
By design, all remaining DID forces (what they are depends of course of how the game has gone to DID until then) are absorved by Clodius. He will also get the leader Papius Faustus, alone. The events are different for the other factions. In every case DID forces are absorbed, but Severus gets Flavius Juvenalis at the head of the Pretorians and Pescenius gets...nothing
This is a designer's decision, I suppose based on historic facts. But what you describe for Clodius seems WAD to me
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests