PhilThib

Public Beta Patch 1.01

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi All,

This is the game's first public beta patch 1.01. The patch is save compatible and shall become official early next week if nothing appears to be a serious issue. It has already been under private beta till now :cool:

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/3rdParty/Various/Patch_AJE_v1.01.rar

Patch content

Code:
- Corrected bug on RGD constraint MustNoBeOwnedRegion
- Correction of bug found on entering enemy territory (pirates)
- New generic weather resitance attributes

DB:
- changed the terrains, models and units to improve a bit the 'chances' of non-Romans vs Romans.
Movement will be overall slower, and deployment of light/irregular units more favored in difficult terrains.

UI :
- Fixed a display issue in Social Mode for 1024 screen resolution
- New localized buttons in MainMenu/Options

Events/Setups :
- Fixed wrong CP penalty applied to absorbed factions and to recruited generic generals (YFE and SEV scenarios)
- Corrected some mismatches between tooltip and map regarding Roman Roads (YFE and SEV scenarios)
- Legions no longer recruitable in islands
- Fixed some MTB allocation issues in Severius and Marius vs Sulla Scenarios
- Fixed the DID no FOW issue in Severus scenario
- Fixed some stack fixing issue in Severus Scenario
- Fixed End of Faction Chain of Events in Year of 4 Emperors and Severus scenarios
- Fixed some loyalty issues in Marius vs Sylla Scenario
- Fixed some stack fixing issue in Marius vs Sylla Scenario

MS87
- Lusitanians made a bit weaker
- Fixed blocked naval leaders in Lucullus odyssey
- Fixed High Priest suicide event

GMW75
- Sertorius experience reduced a bit, as well as the Iberian allies power, should balance the Hispanian situation

AJE50
- Tweak to Hispania Surrender event
- Fixed an issue with Iberian mercenaries construction sites
- Caesar and Pompeius are more on par as overall commanders now

SPR73
- Fixed double message Varinius arrival event

YFE68
- Fixed Otho death and Hispania governor rally events

SEV193
- Fixed erroneous "new political options" messages
- Full message broadcasted when Albinus is proclaimed public enemy

Have fun

ashandresash
Captain

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:46 pm

Great! Thank you! Though I'm afraid I'm not playing it till the weekend :(

Highlandcharge

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Thanks for all your hard work guys :)

jimwinsor2
Lieutenant

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Downloading now, thanks!

Has the issue of besieged unblockaded ports not producing supply been addressed?

Random
AGEod Veteran

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Excellent! Thank You.

Dragoon!
Sergeant

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Has the issue of besieged unblockaded ports not producing supply been addressed?

I was curious about this one too so I ran a test. No I don't think it's been fixed.

I had a single unit besiege Croton in the Spartacus scenario (garrison uses 3/t with a lvl 2 harbor for 4/t..balance +1)
and it ran dead out in two turns.

yellow ribbon

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Dragoon! wrote:I was curious about this one too so I ran a test. No I don't think it's been fixed.

I had a single unit besiege Croton in the Spartacus scenario (garrison uses 3/t with a lvl 2 harbor for 4/t..balance +1)
and it ran dead out in two turns.

its a public BETA :bonk: , pretty high chance that there are potential changes missing, as the Spartacus scenario is either, i believe...
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:56 pm

PhilThib wrote:Patch content

- Legions no longer recruitable in islands

Presumably that includes Sicily too?

yellow ribbon

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:02 pm

pantsukki wrote:Presumably that includes Sicily too?

i thought it applies for Sicilian legions build-able as soon one owns Sardinia and Corsica. before all the islands were part of one single theater of war.
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Franciscus

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:16 pm

pantsukki wrote:Presumably that includes Sicily too?

No, sorry, the correct phrasing should be "small" Islands - like precisely Sardinia and Corsica. Legions are still buildable in Sicily

Regards

lycortas2
Captain

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Thanks for getting this out! I particularly like the change favoring light forces in difficult terrain; no game on this period has ever made it even remotely difficult for civilized regions to conquer barbarians. EU:Rome, i am looking at you.

Mike

Dragoon!
Sergeant

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:15 pm

I've been playing year of the 4 emperors and It's crashing pretty regularly.
I can post the entire log if you need it, but here's the trouble bit-looks like a memory related crash-

4:01:18 PM [Critical ] THost.GenerateTurnFiles Exception caught: Mémoire insuffisante
4:01:18 PM [Error ] THost.PostHostProcess Exception caught: Mémoire insuffisante DebugStep: 450
4:01:18 PM [Critical ] TGameSim.ExportMilitary Exception caught, ExportStep: Group hint Vespasianus 1003352 Urb.Militae Mémoire insuffisante

Specs: Vista Sp2 64bOS
8gb RAM
AMD Phenom 4/2.20ghz

Bohémond

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:28 am

Could you send a email with MainLog, DxDiag and General.opt at contact@aleajactaest-game.com ?

Regards

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:48 pm

Since I applied this patch I don't have the Spartacus scenario from the pre-order bonus in my scenario list for starting new games.

This happened on both computers where I installed AJE.

yellow ribbon

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Erik Springelkamp wrote:Since I applied this patch I don't have the Spartacus scenario from the pre-order bonus in my scenario list for starting new games.

yes, its lacking in the public beta, but i think you will get it back soon. we had it in the normal beta patch, got lost somewhere in between. they promised they are thinking about the solution for the people with unlock patch anyway

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?26675-Comprehensive-patches-and-pre-order

:indien:
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

Bohémond

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:44 pm

Erik Springelkamp wrote:Since I applied this patch I don't have the Spartacus scenario from the pre-order bonus in my scenario list for starting new games.

Beta patch released in the firsts hours erase the Spartacus Scenario.
Actual version will not. Please download it again

You should ;
Reinstall Preorder Versiom+UnlockPatch+Beta Patch 1.01.

Sorry for the incovinience

Regards

geoffreyg
Corporal

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:15 am

Many thanks for the beta patch - overall seems to be working well.
My only thought so far is that Roman auxillaries sometime move MUCH slower than legions which seems incorrect to me.

bob.
General

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:57 am

Thanks for the patch! Now all we idiots who didn't prepurchase just need the Spartacus DLC...

Cato
Conscript

Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:19 pm

This game just grows the more you play it. I have now finished the smaller scanarios. Should I wait for the "real" patch before getting on with the 120 turn Campaign (Ceasar vs Pompey - WOOW that is a classic!) or is it ok running the GC on the beta?

yellow ribbon

Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:28 pm

Cato wrote:This game just grows the more you play it. I have now finished the smaller scanarios. Should I wait for the "real" patch before getting on with the 120 turn Campaign (Ceasar vs Pompey - WOOW that is a classic!) or is it ok running the GC on the beta?

To play Caesar was fine before the patch, Pompeys troops will now do better under his command. Not many changes in here, but people complained about it would have been impossible to win as Pompey, others did so without problems (suddendeath). have fun, you will see the AI is doing the best job to cause you trouble in the GC... :wacko:
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

l'canadien
Corporal

Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:52 pm

yellow ribbon wrote:To play Caesar was fine before the patch, Pompeys troops will now do better under his command. Not many changes in here, but people complained about it would have been impossible to win as Pompey, others did so without problems (suddendeath). have fun, you will see the AI is doing the best job to cause you trouble in the GC... :wacko:

In one of my game, Ceasar was hardly defeat two time in front of Masilia

yellow ribbon

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:06 pm

[color="#FFFF00"]Caesar and Pompeius are more on par as overall commanders now[/color]

doesnt mean that Caesar got weaker ;)
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

Ebbingford

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:08 am

I have just noticed with this patch that the Roman auxilliary infantry doesn't count as a controlling force for an objective region if your loyalty in the region is under 50%.
They always used to.
The Roman auxilliary cavalry still does though. WAD?

Cato
Conscript

Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:34 am

Ebbingford wrote:I have just noticed with this patch that the Roman auxilliary infantry doesn't count as a controlling force for an objective region if your loyalty in the region is under 50%.
They always used to.
The Roman auxilliary cavalry still does though. WAD?

Oh that explains why Syracuse is shown as uncontrolled even though I have an Aux there! This cannot be WAD!

Highlandcharge

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:32 pm

If its not WAD, is there any chance of a hotfix :)

Thanks

l'canadien
Corporal

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:12 pm

look like with patch it's very easy for pompeus

mai -48
caesar
moral 78
power 41
Pompeius
Moral 93
Power 238!

same losses on both side; around 80000

yellow ribbon

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:19 pm

that might happen if too many complain ^^

with the balance before you could have a suddendeath victory/moral over Caesar after 4-6 years .Now you have the same situation as Caesar before. the first battles and the ability to compensate the losses decide the first two years. The AI can barely recover due to the lack of summoning new large stacks....

i suppose even in other scenarios there will be similar sudden jumps of favors to other factions. Populares can wipe the floor with Spanish uprise as an example, for the screws can be barely turned in neither one direction, without causing this or that :gardavou:

for the Power Ratio, dont trust it, large losses of cohesion can cause you even over 25 percent points bias
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:49 pm

I am deeply disturbed by making Pompey comparable to Caesar as a commander. True, he did defeat Caesar at their first battle, but that was just a repulse, in no way a decisive victory. Caesar was simply unable to take a well fortified position. Caesar won a total victory at Pharsalus despite being outnumbered 2-1, and Pompey having a 10-1 superiority in cavalry. Not to mention outmanuvering Pompey repeatedly. You can still win the scenario as Pompey without this change.

One of the great joys of this game was its historical validity. To nerf Caesar is just not acceptable. Does this mean that Hannibal will be nerfed when there is an expansion for the second Punic war? Please reconsider this, or at least give us an option.

geoffreyg
Corporal

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:02 pm

The current stats do still have Caesar as the superior but with a lesser margin which seems more accurate to me. From memory, Pharsalus also had a lot to do with the superior quality of Caesar's troops plus other factors.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:44 pm

geoffreyg wrote:The current stats do still have Caesar as the superior but with a lesser margin which seems more accurate to me. From memory, Pharsalus also had a lot to do with the superior quality of Caesar's troops plus other factors.

With respect, I must disagree. Caesar did have better legions, but they were at half strength or less. Pompey had the same army, and more, who had inflicted a minor defeat of Caesars legions at Dyrrhachium. The battle was fought on a flat plain, with one hill behind the battle lines. The other factors were Caesars genius, his innovative use of a fourth line that was hidden behind the hill, and his ability to inspire his troops to fight better, which was without parallel in his time. He was able to get his cavalry and light troops to do a long fighting withdrawal against ten times their numbers, and his whole strategy depending on that fighting retreat, and their not breaking. If they broke, his army was doomed. Yet he pulled it off, knowing he could inspire his troops to pull it off. Outnumbered two to one in legionaries, ten to one in cavalry, yet he was the one who ended up flanking Pompey on a largely open plain, and hitting Pompeys legions in the flank and rear. Not since Hannibal at Cannae was anyone able to do that to Roman legions with a heavily outnumbered force. There is no comparison between one of the truly great captains of history and Pompey, who was merely competent.

It should be tough to win with Pompey, and trying to even things out really hurts the historical feel of the game. I repeat my request that the nerfing of Caesar be undone, or that we at least get an option to fix it.

Return to “Help to improve AJE”