pantsukki
Brigadier General

Pontic peace offer in Sulla scenario not working properly?

Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:02 pm

Once it was offered, I accepted it (playing as Optimates), but when the next turn started my messages told me that I was still considering the offer. We also remained at war, so it's not the same case as with the recognizing of Albinus as caesar event (wrong message in the log but correct result). If any files are needed, can provide them.

Franciscus

Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:07 pm

pantsukki wrote:Once it was offered, I accepted it (playing as Optimates), but when the next turn started my messages told me that I was still considering the offer. We also remained at war, so it's not the same case as with the recognizing of Albinus as caesar event (wrong message in the log but correct result). If any files are needed, can provide them.

Yes, please provide at least the scripts.

Thank you

yellow ribbon

Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:11 pm

please clarify, you areon the WINNING side and have the peace offer choice box, right?

If its still like tests, it might even take about 4 turns before you get the actual response from Pontians, there was no instant effect...
If i saw it right, the AI has a probability in one of the sub-tests for the option of peace (?!)
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:49 pm

Dunno if it matters, but I had already won the game some turns ago (sudden death). Yes, I was winning as Sulla, Pontus offered the peace, I accepted, then next turn the log says that I'm still pondering.
Attachments
Scripts peace offer.rar
(4.42 MiB) Downloaded 208 times

yellow ribbon

Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:55 pm

pantsukki wrote:Dunno if it matters, but I had already won the game some turns ago (sudden death). Yes, I was winning as Sulla, Pontus offered the peace, I accepted, then next turn the log says that I'm still pondering.

no, think it doesnt. I tested it even with a map, Sulla having everything between North Spain and Armenia

i remember i could free the Cappadocians and march into Asia before the real peace was accepted. So i am sure, whatever it is, it took me few turns before the war stopped too.

thanks for the files
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Cfant
Lieutenant

Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:33 am

One more point: Playing Sulla, I got the "Pontus offers peace" event, when my armies were only one turn away from Trapezunt. I did not accept and took the city, therefore triggering an automatic peace treaty. Just curious: Is that wanted or should the event happen earlier? It's somehow strange that there is a peace-possibility implemented, but triggers when the war is nearly already over...

Bohémond

Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:45 pm

Text of ToolTip for Peace of Dardanos Event are somewhat messed up.

Fixed in next patch

Thank you for reporting

Regards

jimwinsor2
Lieutenant

Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 pm

I just finished this scenario as Sulla last night. And yes, after I chose to except the Peace, the next turn I got a message saying I was still thinking about it.

However, on the second turn after I got the treaty accepted message. And won the game (my morale hit 175 as a result).

Just out of curiosity, what are the conditions for triggering the Peace?

yellow ribbon

Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:55 pm

jimwinsor2 wrote:I just finished this scenario as Sulla last night. And yes, after I chose to except the Peace, the next turn I got a message saying I was still thinking about it.

However, on the second turn after I got the treaty accepted message. And won the game (my morale hit 175 as a result).

Just out of curiosity, what are the conditions for triggering the Peace?

For Optimates:

having few Pontic units in Greece left and major cities under Optimates control in Greece and Turkeys coastline. The rest is multiple subtesting what decision the AI has taken before.
To avoid spoiling it for others i will not write more ;)
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

Cfant
Lieutenant

Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Now my Populares have beaten the Optimates. What I regard rather strange is, that Pontus offered peace to the Optimates. At that time, there were no relevant Optimates forces left and they held only1-2 small cities in Greece, while my Populares armies had taken Asia and marched on the Pontus capital already. Pontus never talked to me - some kind of not realistic ;)

Lustianians are fighting machines - nothing can decrease their NM ;) They lost most cities and lots of troops. Still their NM was 123.

By the way: The Optimates, having left 1 city and maybe 1-2 auxiliaries, had NM 90. How the hell can anyone bring them down by NM?

rezaf
Private

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Hmm ... is this event considered non-broken now or not?

I had it take at least half a year until a reply was received, got confusing messages almost (but not) every month along the way and then the results were different than what I would have had anticipated.
Basically, I got to keep what I had conquered and they got to keep what they had conquered.

Also, how do you achieve a major victory in this scenario as Sulla?
I whipped the floor with the Populares, I was having great success against Pontus and signed a peace treaty with him and I was even starting an offensive into Hispania when the scenario ended due to the time limit. I had held all objectives MANY turns back (at least two years/24 turns), before Pontus even offered me peace, but nothing happened. I would have expected the scenario to end then and there.
What gives?
_____
rezaf

Return to “Help to improve AJE”