TempestVVV
Private

How to apply 105 patch to Main AJE game

Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:29 pm

I just purchased the main game and the entire set of games for Ala Jacta Este. In applying the latest patch 105 patch do I....

A) Patch to 105 after I install main game THEN add the additional Spartacus, Parthian Wars, Terror of Rome, Cantabrian games?

OR

B) Install ALL of them and then apply the 105 Patch?

arsan

Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:59 pm

If you bought them on steam i think they already come patched to 1.05.
Just check the lower right corner of the game loading screen to ser what version you have.

Regards

TempestVVV
Private

Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:42 am

No I got them at MATRIX. Ill try patch the main game first.

Franciscus

Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:01 am

Hi

If you have Matrix versions the better way is to use the auto-updater function on the opening Matrix window.

As HAN and BOR are standalone you will have to have sepearate instalations for those

So, you should:
- install AJE and then the DLCs (Spartacus, Catabrian, Parthian), then update to 1.05
- install BOR then updste to 1.05
- install HAN then update to 1.05

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TempestVVV
Private

Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:44 pm

Hi Franciscus. Thanks -pretty much what I did. All worked out well.

richfed

Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:23 am

I thought that these games were supposed to be blended all together as one. Once upon a time, I had them all working together. Right now, I am in a bind. All of the games - AJE, BOR, & Hannibal were purchased directly from Ageod as downloads -- at least to the best of my recollection. Several months ago, I tried reinstalling the games on a clean Windows 10 installation. After getting new keys from Slitherine for AJE & Spartacus, I managed to get everything working.

Doing a fresh installation now - I have so many files, I am not sure how to proceed. I ran into the same issue I had -- BOR is Not Installed. So, last night I contacted Slitherine again and they gave me a new key for BOR. Told me I would not need one for Hannibal. I uninstalled everything & tried again with the new key. Same result. I am not sure which files I should be using to get this game working as it was supposed to. For example, I have 3 AJE setup files [v/1.00]: SetupRelease, Setup PO version, POunlock. I have attempted several installation routines. So far, have not hit on the correct one.

Franciscus

Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:36 am

Hi Richfed
Unfortunately only the Steam version of our games went the path of one single instalation.
If you are confortable with Steam, you can redeem Steam keys with Slitherine. With Steam keys you will be able to have all the games and DLC in a single hassle-free instalation.

Re your AJE versions, the PO was the preorder. If you use it, you must first install Setup PO, then the PO unlock "patch", and then go directly to patch 1.05. If you use the "release" version, just install it and apply patch 1.05

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

richfed

Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:12 pm

OK -- I think that cleared it up just a bit. Thank you!
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

richfed

Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:10 am

I don't get it ... never had this issue before. I have tried every which way. I can install AJE just fine, but BOR keeps coming up "Not Installed" when I try to patch it to 1.05. I can't find a Steam e-mail address ... I tried support AT steampowered DOT com. I don't know what to do. What a mess this game is.

Franciscus

Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:51 am

richfed wrote:I don't get it ... never had this issue before. I have tried every which way. I can install AJE just fine, but BOR keeps coming up "Not Installed" when I try to patch it to 1.05. I can't find a Steam e-mail address ... I tried support AT steampowered DOT com. I don't know what to do. What a mess this game is.

Hi richfed

I am not sure what is the problem. You seem to be using Steam ? If that is so, you DO NOT need to apply any patch, it is auto patched to 1.05. And BOR is a DLC
But if you have or want to install Matrix version of BOR (standalone), then you can apply over it Matrix patch 1.05, if your SN is recognized as valid. If this is not working, you have to contact slitherine support, Steam has nothing to do with BOR standalone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

richfed

Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:56 am

No ... not using Steam, at least not with this game, I just sent them an e-mail to try and switch the game over. Meanwhile, I think the problem is that I do not have the Slitherine version of BOR, just the Key. I contacted them. Waiting to see if they can provide the proper download of the game.

It's too confusing for this od fella Too many installation files too many keys ... just for one game.

If Ageod can't help, and Steam can't help, and Slitherine can't help ... this game will have to end up in the trash heap!

Franciscus

Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:59 am

richfed wrote:No ... not using Steam, at least not with this game, I just sent them an e-mail to try and switch the game over. Meanwhile, I think the problem is that I do not have the Slitherine version of BOR, just the Key. I contacted them. Waiting to see if they can provide the proper download of the game.

It's too confusing for this od fella Too many installation files too many keys ... just for one game.

If Ageod can't help, and Steam can't help, and Slitherine can't help ... this game will have to end up in the trash heap!

Don't give up, rich! I will help you. If Slitherine does not solve it, PM me and we will work it out together.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:02 am

The Helpdesk is rather competent, they should reply to you. If not you can always mail me and I'll forward your mail to them. If you own the games, you deserve to play them!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

richfed

Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:14 pm

Whoopie!!! Got it. As I suspected, I did not have the Matrix setup version of BOR. Several months ago, it all worked without it, but not this time. Anyway, it's all put together & works. Thank you for that offer Franciscus. Had to try & do it myself. And thank you, too Master Pocus!! I did realize that I do not own the Parthian add-on. Is that available?

Franciscus

Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:36 pm

Glad you worked it out :thumbsup:

Parthian wars is available as an expansion for AJE base game (ie, it is not a Standalone). It requires AJE installed. After you install PAR, please apply again patch 1.05, as some changes were made to scenario setups.
Grab it here:
http://www.ageod.com/products/513/details/Alea.Jacta.Est-.Parthian.Wars

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”