map66
Conscript

Bug in Sertorius replacements--- Great Mithradic War?

Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:24 pm

I believe there is a bug in the Sertorius scenario regarding replacements. Any damage to Sertorious' legionary cohorts appears under the Roman tab for replacements. Although completely destroyed elements will be rebuilt from scratch when parked at a depot, partially damaged elements will not be repaired, as evidenced over the last several turns of a PBEM. This contrasts with casualties to the legatus legion elements, where damaged elements appear in the replacement pool under the Sertorious (not the Roman) tab. Those legatus elements repair normally, whether completely destroyed or just damaged. This leads me to suspect that somewhere in the replacement code, the Sertorius legionary cohorts are mis-identified, and probably need to be switched to the Sertorius tab like the legatus elements.

I can include turns from my PBEM game, but it's probably the kind of bug that can be identified by just popping into the scenario and running a quick test.

Franciscus

Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:10 am

Hi

I have no problem in replenishing damaged Sertorius' "ROM" legionary cohorts - eg, in a quick test game, after some bloody battles in Saguntum, I stopped there, in defensive posture, and my damaged cohorts are being replenished.

If that is not your case, please post a saved game

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

map66
Conscript

Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:36 pm

Thanks for looking into that. I was able to get the backup turn files from my PBEM opponent, and ran tests of the turns on my own computer. The Sertorian units healed normally when I was executing, so my guess is that the seeming bug was tied to my opponent switching executing turns to the HAN shortcut midway through the game (when I first noticed the problem.) Whatever the problem was there, it looks like we can find a way to resolve it just by executing the turns under the original shortcut. Whatever the bug was, I'm gonna guess it's one of those weird one time things that wouldn't occur in normal circumstances.

Thanks again!

map66
Conscript

Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:16 pm

And just to close out this thread--- definitely no bug here. My PBEM oponent who was executing the turns had been using various mods which I hadn't been aware of, and one of those broke the Sertorian replacements.

The issues with the Jewish Revolt and Vespassian NM I mentioned in another thread likely have the same root cause--- though there I want to run a few quick tests myself, just for my own peace of mind... :)

So sorry for the false bug reports!

Franciscus

Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:24 pm

Hello.

Glad your problems are solved. PBEM players must be in exactly the same version of the game, otherwise strange things will happen indeed...

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”