richfed

AJE/BOR/Hannibal Confusion

Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:01 pm

Technically, this is not a technical issue ... I just do not understand how this properly works.

I should say, that I have never played these games [I am strictly a Civil War 2 and Birth of America 2 player] - purchase them just to support AGEOD. Perhaps, some day I'll venture into them.

OK- as I understand it, if all 3 are installed I can have just one desktop icon and play any of the scenarios contained within the 3 games. Is that the case? I have BOR & AJE patched to 1.03c [I think it is "c" whatever is he latest on the site] & the new game Hannibal. I see all the scenarios in the Hannibal link, but if I open the "trilogy" from the BOR or AJE links, I do not see Hannibal. What a I misunderstanding or doing incorrectly?
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

Ebbingford

Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:24 pm

You need the AJE or BOR 1.04 public beta patches to see all the scenarios.
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Franciscus

Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:12 pm

This unfortunately is not working yet - will be with 1.04 official, hopefully.

What is working is that launching HAN you will see the scenarios of the other games, not yet the other way

Anyhow, this is bonus feature, gameplay is not affected

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ebbingford

Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:03 am

It's working for me with AJE. :blink:
I can see all the HAN scenarios if I go to start a new game with AJE 1.04.
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Franciscus

Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:12 am

You have the HAN beta version, I presume

With the Matrix release version it does not work at least in my machine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

richfed

Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:22 am

OK --- I do not have 1.04 versions for any of the games. I purchased Hannibal, so I assume it is not a beta. I see all the scenarios with that. AJE and BOR - NO Hannibal scenarios. That's good, though. I just want one desktop icon; I'll use Hannibal. Thanks, guys. Oh, I guess I have to patch all 3 when new patches are released?

PhilThib

Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:39 am

Yes, most likely. But patches shall be released simultaneously in the same post here, it will be easier for you not to miss one :D

Searry
Colonel

Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:05 pm

Can I copy BOR/PAR/AJE files to HAN folder to see them in the game? Does it even work this way?

Durk

Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:00 am

Actually, all AJE scenarios from all games you own on your computer appear in HAN new game menu. No need to copy.

If you are playing a game in one of the other three, you can move from that Save Folder to HAN save folder and then continue in HAN menu.
It has a really slick integration.

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”