Person of Interest

Hannibal problem

Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:26 pm

Anyone else having trouble getting the game to run? When I click on the desktop icon I get the hourglass icon by the cursor and it just hangs there, requiring a computer restart to get out of it. I am running it as Administrator in Win 7. (reposted from Improvement Forum)

I had forgotten that RUS and PG needed to be installed in the Matrix Folder and not the Games Folder which is the default. I re-installed in the Matrix Folder and the program goes to the Launch Screen but when I hover the cursor over the Play Hannibal Terror of Rome start button I get a tool pop-up that says Play Lock and Load: Heroes of Stalingrad and the button is non-functional. Something seems to be crossed in the download.

Pocus

Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:13 am

This launcher issue is worrying indeed. Can you navigate to the actual game folder and directly click on HAN.exe and see what happens?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Tamas

Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:40 am

The tooltip for the launch button is a mistake made by us, which will be corrected in the first patch, but it is just a mistyped tooltip, so it has no effect on where the button is "pointing".

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:13 am

Like with other AGEod games that use the new Matrix installers, starting the game-menu now triggers a warning popup "do you want to give installer rights...". Although this is just a nuisance, I don't like it, and I wonder what does trigger this behaviour? I can understand it when I use the update function, but otherwise?

Anyway, I put a direct link to the game exe on the desktop and ignore the game-menu program now.

Person of Interest

Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:23 pm

I let it install into the default Games Folder which always seems to cause problems for me. When I re-installed into the Matrix Folder and disabled Avast anti-virusI was able to get to the screen where the player is asked to input his game code. After I did that I could enable Avast and everything was fine. All on my end and smooth sailing now! :thumbsup:

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”