Joseignacio
Sergeant

Latest beta patches ruined my games and I cannot reinstall

Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Hello, after succesfully (but rather "bugfully") having plaid these games months ago, I installed the last beta patches in my BoR and AJE, then I got some error.

Since I could not play, I tried to uninstall , install and patch the latest oficial patch but it wouldn't let me install.

Then I deleted manually everything still left that I could find and was not erased in the desinstallation but I still couldn't.

Of course I still have the setup programs and the key for both of them.

What should I do?

Which patch should I install afterwards?

Thx in advance

Franciscus

Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi

Sorry for your problems.

First, it would have been good to know what errors you had with the beta patches. Public beta patches are available to download but with no guaranties of not having problems, they are to be applied by players that do not mind to take some risks, getting earlier some corrections, but helping in the testing for the official release.

Secondly, I would like to know over what version did you install the beta patches. They are supposed to work well over the initial setup or any previous official patches, of course.

Thirdly, I do not really understand why you cannot reinstall your games. Maybe some registry problem ? I suggest you use CCleaner to check and correct your registry (note: personal, not official recommendation, but I use it for years without problems), and then:
- install with your setup files (AJE and BOR in different folders, of course)
- patch to latest official patches:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?28692-BOR-Official-patch-1-02a
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?28691-AJE-Official-Patch-1-02a

Be sure to install the BOR patch over BOR and AJE patch over AJE

And then, wait for the official 1.02b patch

Regards and sorry for the inconvenience

Joseignacio
Sergeant

Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:40 pm

Thank you for your prompt response.

I understood an accepted there could be problems, but I thought a reinstall could solve the problema, and it seems it should.

The reléase was 1.02 for one of them, the other that too or possibly 1.02a. Then i installed the one which gave me problems. 1.02b.

I don't know much of computing but basing on previous occasional experiences, I was thinking too it was a matter of registry but I was not sure and anyway didn't know how to solve it. I happen to have CCleaner although I don't use it normally. I'll try and report back.

Thx.

Joseignacio
Sergeant

Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:11 pm

Ok, it worked for the two of them for the initial installation. However, I try to patch directly 1.02a and I get errors.

Franciscus

Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:48 pm

Joseignacio wrote:Ok, it worked for the two of them for the initial installation. However, I try to patch directly 1.02a and I get errors.

That's weird, and then it's not a problem of the beta patches.

Where did you installed the games (directory ?). Are you sure you are directing the patch installation to the correct directory ?

And what errors do you get ??

Joseignacio
Sergeant

Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:03 pm

It's ok, I guessed it could be because I needed to restart, which seems to ver magic for Windows products, and after doing so, I could install both 1.02a with no errors, they seem to work properly.

Thx a lot.

Franciscus

Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:13 pm

I am glad you got it sorted ! :thumbsup:

Regards

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”