FMDaun
Conscript

Program crash!

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi, I've hit a problem in the Year of the Four Emperors scenario. Whilst I'm quietly looking around the map on my first turn, I get an error message which says "DirectX to Renderer invalid call (Burst Mode). Would you like to terminate the application?", which is the only thing I can do at that point.
I have Windows 7, and my PC is less than two years old. Is there a simple solution to this problem (he says hopefully)?

yellow ribbon

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:19 pm

unfortunately not, its more about sensible DirectX, not really AIE.

if you want to give it a shot:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?25250-preordered-game-technical-issues-(installation-and-running)&p=242667&viewfull=1#post242667

BTW:

i had it with old XP/old GPU exactly ONCE in 4 months of testing. hope will not see it again neither
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Grim.Reaper
Conscript

Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:23 pm

I have also seen this issue as well a couple of times already. On Win7 64bit.

Pocus

Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:36 am

Here are the things that can help stabilize the app on your computer. This is in no particular order, and you should restart the game each time. For some, one tweak will suffice, for others several will be needed:

In System tab of options window:

- reduce maximum memory usage to 25%
- reduce maximum texture size to minimum
- uncheck show borders
- uncheck 'use winter textures'

Using AGESettings program, switch to fixed resolution with border, try using the lowest resolution possible to start with, then crank it up when stable.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

ess1
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Oh dear, is it rearing its ugly head again?
I installed in a different drive (external). This cured problem. Now, strangely enough, I have installed in C:\ Games with NO problem!
Don't ask me why this happened.

Still cannot load Napoleon CD or ACW demo. :wacko:

Win7-64

FMDaun
Conscript

Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Many thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, I now have a more basic problem! The game stops loading when it reaches 'loading textures 70%', and I get a message saying 'AJE.exe has stopped working. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available'. (Needless to say, I'm not holding my breath on that one.)
I've tried downloading & reinstalling the patch, but it makes no difference.

yellow ribbon

Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:16 pm

FMDaun wrote:Many thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, I now have a more basic problem! The game stops loading when it reaches 'loading textures 70%', and I get a message saying 'AJE.exe has stopped working. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available'. (Needless to say, I'm not holding my breath on that one.)

what exactly have you changed?

there might be problems if you shifted the burden of the game from Ram to HDD, the textures loaded in the cache when game starts and it hangs up

i am confident we get this running again, but its better the devs tell you a way i did not thought of, before i tell you how to change things in the general.opt-file...
...not paid by AGEOD.

however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Bohémond

Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:31 pm

FMDaun wrote:Many thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, I now have a more basic problem! The game stops loading when it reaches 'loading textures 70%', and I get a message saying 'AJE.exe has stopped working. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available'. (Needless to say, I'm not holding my breath on that one.)

Could you send us your general.opt (AJE/Settings) at contact@aleajactaest-game.com ?

This file contains your serial key, you can delete it before sending if you want.

Could you provide Mainlog (AJE/logs) generated just after crash ?

Regards

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”