playoftheyear
Conscript

Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:56 am

Your absolutely correct, as there was a graphic novel made that exaggerated and exploited the book in a stylish manner. The game on STEAM is over ten years old of this post and is buggy as hell, but interesting. The artist from the graphic novel had done the artwork and visual representation for the video game. I found the game an entertaining and simple point and click puzzler with heavy ambience.

Nikel

Re: Book Recomendations

Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:48 pm

In a parallel universe, Ageod is still alive (Pocus you know what I mean), and AJE team is not burned, but developing another set of scenarios: The Fall of Rome! Quite complex so it needed some time.

Sorry for that, but could not help thinking it, after looking at these books by a Finnish scholar, expert in the late roman empire, Ilka Syvanne.

https://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/Dr-Ilkka-Syvanne/a/2164

So where is the hunnic horde? :innocent:

Pocus

Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:54 pm

Mongols are the spiritual successors to the Huns, right? :innocent:

Nikel

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:50 pm

And the Xiongnu the ancestors ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFpQjWtpHcM

But are you meaning something else? :niark:

Straight Arrow
General

Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:50 am

As a follow up to your gent's conversation, I'd like to recommend Marie Favereau's The Horde How the Mongols Changed the World.

In my youth, I spent several years traveling on horseback for over 7,000 miles on the PCT and through the Western United States. Thus, unlike most Westerners, I have a pretty good idea of what life in the saddle is like. And in my opinion, Marie captures and explains not only the history, but the nomadic Mongol mind set and world view.

The book's prose is eloquent; this is most defiantly the definitive work on an often misunderstood and shadowy people. Reading it is a must.

Return to “AJE History club / Discussions historiques sur les Romains”