Magnus Maximus
Conscript

Why can't I move my troops

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:51 pm

I moved my troops twice to take another territory about 50 days away and within the two turns they stayed in the same location can anybody explain why they didn't move? I know they were trying to breach a location but I wanted them to discontinue the breaching and the sieging and taking the location but they refuse to move . Please explain to me why thanks.
P.S. I also have a question about sieging a city. In order for mymy troops to siege is it necessary to put them in assault posture or can I leave them in an offensive posture.? Also if the town or city has a naval Yard do I need to block that off with a ship in order to siege that location?

Durk

Re: Why can't I move my troops

Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:38 am

Probably you cannot move due to Zones of Control. You might notice the regions around your siege are red when you click on your force. This is because you occupy an enemy controlled region. So you must complete the siege to be able to move.
Look at the wall strength. If a one or zero, get into assault mode and take the fort.
If a two or more, you must make a breach. A siege engine will help as do Roman legions.
If you are trying to take a port, a naval fleet of the required number of ships is helpful. They will not help with assault, but they will reduced the city's supply to zero and they city might surrender due to famine.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”