Zardoz
Corporal

How do I take control of a strategic town?

Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:58 am

Hi all. Another new AJE player here, thanks to the Bundle Stars sale of some months ago. First off thanks to everyone on this forum for clarifying many important game details.

Now my first question. I've captured a strategic town and occupied it for several turns. But the tooltip and the F7 objectives list both show the town as not in my control:

What do I have to do to take control? Is this related to civilian loyalty? But loyalty is influenced by the number of strategic cities controlled, so that would just be circular logic? Is it to do with the fact that a neighbouring region is still controlled by an enemy faction?

thanks

Zardoz
Last edited by Zardoz on Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PhilThib

Re: How do I take control of a strategic town?

Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:14 am

Can't see your image. If the objective screen shows as uncontrolled, please check the shield it displays...if the red one with crossed spears, it means it's contested or rebel, which is probably due to the loyalty in the city being too low (check region tooltip).
To improve it, station large forces there and/or play decisions that increase loyalty

Bohémond

Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:07 pm

A useful article from AGEwiki

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Control

Regards

arsan

Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:31 pm

If the region is not loyal to you you need to keep a regular unit (Cavalry or infantry) there to claim the strategic city.
Irregulars won't do the trick.
Once loyalty is above 50% you won't need troops no more.

Regards

Zardoz
Corporal

Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:25 am

Thanks, all. Yes the shield in the objectives view is the red one with crossed spears. I've invested in some loyalty-improving decisions for the region, but of course they don't have an immediate effect. We'll see how things go over the next few turns.

The wiki looks very useful.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”