Mathieas
Civilian

Questions about why i win or lose battles and about engagment

Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:18 pm

hey all,

I was wondering what determines if you win or lose a battle? Ratio of loses does nto appear to be the deciding factor as I have lost significantly more men and won battles and lost sig less men and lost them too. What is the factor that determines whether you win or lose? Thanks so much!

I also noticed a situation where i engaged the enemy but had no battle - they moved away. What causes this to happen?

Thanks so much!

Mathieas

Franciscus

Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:14 pm

Hi

I recomend first that you read the manual, part 11, field combat
Many factores determine the result of a battle, but in a nutshell, as stated in the manual:

Victory in a battle is determined primarily by the losses suffered and losses inflicted. It is
possible to be considered the victor in a battle even if a Force withdraws if it inflicts serious losses on an opposing
force

I also recommend, if you have time, to read the guides made by Narwhal. Links to them can be found here:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?32870-Game-demo-Guides-Tutorials-Maps-Manuals-Previews-and-other-goodies

Regards

(PS: regarding the question why a force has "moved away", this means that that force made a succesful withdrawal, succesfuly evading combat (see section 11.8 of the manual)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”