LiarFox

Patch 1.0.5 for Alea Jacta Est available!

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:43 pm

Hi all,

Alongside the release of Hannibal: Terror of Rome and Parthian Wars as Steam DLCs for Alea Jacta Est we have released a patch that updates non-Steam versions of the game to the 1.0.5 version!

(Steam version is up-to-date, to 1.05 version, no need to apply this patch)

Direct links to AJE updates are here:

Alea Jacta Est
Birth of Rome
Hannibal: Terror of Rome

And here the changelog:

List of patch changes
NEW ENGINE
- Generic AI significantly improved on most algorithms
- Revised and improved retreat logic for stacks
- You always get a 5% MC if you have a non-passive force in a region
- During a game, the AI can again be activated if previously set to inactive
- Supply filter ON continues to show regions that do not give supply in redorange,
but now regions wihich give supply are not "painted" (except regions
with depot that show a "pulsating" green)
- And several other improvements and fixes

SCENARIOS AND DB FIXES
All scenarios
- Major revision to starting control and loyalty of regions (all scenarios)
- Major revision of Models and Units DB, including: fix to several missing or
wrong "Home area" penalties for several leaders, fix to the "immortal" legatus
bug (due to no supply consumption), removal of "Home area" penalties for some
non-leaders units that still had them, and many fixes for template models
(Off/Def Fire, etc..)
- Fix to Good Population Administrator ability
- Skirmisher ability fixed for some Armenian, Cappadocian and Caucasian units
- Naval bases, Portus Comercius and River Ports cannot be razed

AI
- AI scripts reworked and improved, or added, in: all AJE and PAR scenarios,
Spartacus scenario, and First Punic War scenarios (BOR)

Alea Jacta Est base game:
Great Mithridatic War scenario:
- Several fixes to Slave events
- Spartacus now will always appear in Neapolis

Year of the Four Emperors scenario:
- Several cities in Italy, North Africa and Illyria now have level 1
fortifications

Severus 193 Scenario:
- Armenia remains neutral event can only happen until end of year 194
- Several cities (North Africa, Illyria) now have level 1 fortifications

Parthian Wars extension:
Crassus scenario:
- Fix to Eusebeia captured event results
- Fix to consequences of Parthian option to induce Comagena to switch sides

Caesar scenario
- Changed image of Pharnabazus II (Iberian leader)

Marcus Antonius Scenario:
- Fixes to the consequences of the Parthian option to induce Comagena to switch
sides and the subsequent possible roman event of treaty with Comagena

Traianus scenario:
- Cancel redundant Armenian invasion event
- Small fix to Osroene sues for peace event
- Remove double Singara as PAR objective
- Parthia Orientalis (Aspadana) now in control of rival Parthian king (BAR
faction) and is a PAR objective.

Birth of Rome game:
First Punic War 264 BC and 256 BC scenarios:
- MER and CEL replacements for CAR (affects BOR and HAN)

First Punic War 264 BC scenario:
- New event: in case of conquest of all Sicily by Carthage, the roman player wll
eventually get two new "free" generic leaders in Neapolis (if controlled) and
new naval and land forces available to be built
- Fix to off conditions for Corvus abandonned and Xantippos removed and Hannibal
replaced options
- Improvement to consequences of the "Hiero asks for peace" event (all
carthaginian non-syracusean units will be evacuated from Syracusae)
- Text added to explain that Corvus option can only be chosen while Caius
Diulius is Consul

Third Samnite War scenario:
- Small fix to Tarentum at war event
- Small fix to Samnite diplo option of Umbrian alliance

Ager Gallicus scenario:
- Magna Graecia regions blocked at start (unblocked by SPQ option to declare
war)
- Tergeste region unblocked with Venetii alliance with Rome

Hannibal Terror of Rome game:
All SPW scenarios
- MER and CEL replacements for CAR (affects BOR and HAN)
- Cancel free CEL replacements event for CAR faction
SPW219, SPW218 and SPW216
- Rework of SYR units FP and replacements; added HvyArt replacements for CAR and
SYR
- Small fix to Hiero violent death event (tweak fo CAR and SYR force pool and
replacements)
- Option to switch Syracusae to Carthage side now ups Syracusae and Catania CAR
loyalty by 75; rework of CAR force pool and replacements as consequence.
- Option to assassinate Hieronimus now lowers Syracusae CAR loyalty by 50
SPW219 and SPW218
- Syracuse supports Rome event now can happen only after May -216
- Iaca region blocked at start, will be unblocked with Ilergetes rebellion event
- Text added to better explain conditions for roman alliance with Northern
Tribes and Celtiberians
SPW219
- Revolt of the Boii option now ups CAR loyatly of Mutina to 100%
SPW216
- Syracusea supports Rome event can happen from start of scenario
- Roman diplo option of alliance with Northern tribes cancelled
- Ilergetes regions unblocked from scenario start
SPW211
- Roman diplo option of alliance with Northern tribes cancelled
- Extra Bellatores unit in Ilergetes army
Illyrian war scenario
- Regions Aenis, Aetolia, Beotia, Dorida, Megarida, Arcadia, Corintha and Achaia
blocked at start (unblocked with Greek alliance Roman diplo option)
- Illyrian regions Grabaei and Chelidoni unblocked at start
- Small fix to Illyrian diplo option of peace with Epirus (no need to unblock
regions)
- Illyrian diplo option of peace with Dardania cancelled if victory by war
obtained

Gaesates scenario
- Syracusae region unblocked (Hiero's army remains locked unless Sicilia invaded
by the Gauls
- Tergeste region unblocked with Venetii alliance with Rome
- Tridentum region unblocked withh Cenomanii alliance with Rome

STRINGS
- Several minor corrections and additions

NOTES:
- The previous AJE, BOR and/or HAN patch changes are included in this
comprehensive patch, and will apply depending on what game(s) and/or DLCs you
have.
- Due to the many changes made, saved games with previous versions may not be
compatible with this version.

arsan

Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:07 pm

At least! Great news!! :thumbsup:

Franciscus,

We are currently playing a PBEM game of 219SPW scenario started on HAN 1.01.
Do you think something terrible migh happen with our game if we update and try keep on playing with this 1.05 patch? :blink:
It will be great to had the improved combat and retreat improvements on our game... :thumbsup:

Regards!

Franciscus

Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:20 pm

Hi, Arsan.

Probably you may continue to play... The engine changes will apply, and events/options still not played will also be ok. Database changes at scenario, models, units etc, though, will not apply.

IMHO, the game will not be broken, but no official garanties...

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Franciscus

Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:27 pm

An important note: patch(es) 1.05 now require you insert your valid game SN.

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

arsan

Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:46 pm

Franciscus wrote:Hi, Arsan.

Probably you may continue to play... The engine changes will apply, and events/options still not played will also be ok. Database changes at scenario, models, units etc, though, will not apply.

IMHO, the game will not be broken, but no official garanties...

Regards

Thanks!
If my partner gives the ok we will try the new patch!

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:23 pm

The AJE update will accept my serial number even when it is copy/pasted from the game's setup utility. Not amused so thanks in advance for any guidance.

-C

arsan

Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:27 pm

You mean "will not accept"?

Maybe there is some problem with the patch, as in the spanish wargaming forum puntadelanza.net someone is also reporting problems with his serial and the new 1.05 patch :bonk:

I haven't installed 1.05 still, so can´'t confirm...

Regards

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Error message window opens stating "Invalid serial number". Copied and pasted the serial from my AJE receipt (I bought the pre-order version) and when that failed I copy and pasted the same number from the setup utility only to get the same window. BOR and HAN updated just fine and with HAN, the serial number appeared in the patch window without prompting. So I would suggest that there may be a problem with the AJE patch. Thanks, and thank you for the newest versions and keeping this awesome series of games alive and kicking. Now to just get the d--m update to install...

AJE Order information available on request.

-C

arsan

Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:53 pm

I just tried with BOR and had no problem either.
It seems AJE is the one giving problems. The other report on the spanish forum had problems with a FX edition serial (spanish retail version of AJE), so i thought that may be the problem.
But if you also have problems with a proper AGEOD serial the issue may be general... :bonk:

Franciscus

Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:10 pm

Matrix guys should be able to explain this better, but you have to have a valid SN, recognised in the Ageod/Matrix database. That should include of course all games bought directly to Ageod and/or Matrix (and should include the pre-orders, of course...), but may not cover games bought through other sources - example: most probably the FX spanish edition SN, that, AFAIK is no longer supported, may well not be recognised as a valid SN...

Nevertheless, if you have bought AJE and have proof of that (that Matrix/Slitherine accepts) , IMHO you should be able to get a valid SN. The easiest way to check is to register your game with your SN at the Matrix members section. If your SN is accepted, it should be good to go.

Anyone having an issue (i.e., having a valid SN that is not accepted) should probably contact directly Matrix/Slitherine helpdesk (support@slitherine.co.uk)

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but it's not my call, really :(

(PS: for those wondering why the SN is now needed for patching, that is due to all scenarios having been reexported and are now part of the patch(es). You must "prove" you own the game(s) or DLC otherwise you could receive scenarios for "free" in the patches - with some extra but easy work)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bruit Bleu

Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:12 pm

My AJE Praetor serial number doesn't work for AJE and BOR patches.

BTW, is there a way to get Steam serial numbers for both games ?
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

Franciscus

Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:25 pm

I am not a Steam pro, but you should be able to get steam keys for AJE, SPR, CAN and BOR at Slitherine (http://www.slitherine.com/my_page/steam_serials). I suppose that this should also be possible in the future for HAN and PAR.

I will contact personally Matrix and the Phils to see if the gamers with pre-orders, Praetors and Proconsul serial numbers have their SN recognised without issue. Unfortunately I cannot solve it personally, but will do my best to make this right...

Sorry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jack54
Brigadier General

Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:28 pm

My AJE serial number doesn't work for me... BOR and HAN work... interesting I believe BOR and HAN were purchased thorough Matrix and AJE was bought from Ageod. (Pre-order)

Franciscus.....Thanks for your help and the patch!
AGE games I own; RUS ,AJE, BOR, H:ToR, AACW, WIA, ROP,NC, CWII, Espana 1936, TYW
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

arsan

Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:02 pm

Thanks for the info Franciscus!

Hope the Phils and/or Slitherine offer a convenient solution for spanish retail AJE serials (FX edition).
The edition was legit, we paid for the game and should be able to update the game as anybody else.
Besides it affects a lot of players as it sold pretty well for what i know. I think most spanish players own that version, me included. :bonk:

Regards!

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:30 pm

Franciscus wrote:Matrix guys should be able to explain this better, but you have to have a valid SN, recognised in the Ageod/Matrix database. That should include of course all games bought directly to Ageod and/or Matrix (and should include the pre-orders, of course...), but may not cover games bought through other sources - example: most probably the FX spanish edition SN, that, AFAIK is no longer supported, may well not be recognised as a valid SN...

Nevertheless, if you have bought AJE and have proof of that (that Matrix/Slitherine accepts) , IMHO you should be able to get a valid SN. The easiest way to check is to register your game with your SN at the Matrix members section. If your SN is accepted, it should be good to go.

Anyone having an issue (i.e., having a valid SN that is not accepted) should probably contact directly Matrix/Slitherine helpdesk (support@slitherine.co.uk)

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but it's not my call, really :(

(PS: for those wondering why the SN is now needed for patching, that is due to all scenarios having been reexported and are now part of the patch(es). You must "prove" you own the game(s) or DLC otherwise you could receive scenarios for "free" in the patches - with some extra but easy work)

I went through this at Matrix/Slitherine some time ago when I tried to register AJE and was told that they cannot provide any registration or tech support for my copy since it was purchased from AGEOD directly and was the pre-release version with the Sparticus DLC included. I have copies of the receipt and all of the transaction information, they do not seem to care and it does not appear to matter. So, no updates for AJE I guess. One thing to take away from this: never buy a pre-release game.

-C

rhondabrwn
Conscript

Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:38 am

I'm in the same boat, Matrix won't let me register my serial number, but a while back they did let me get a Steam Key (I get the keys even though I don't reinstall the game through Steam as I have limited bandwidth to routinely switch games to Steam if I already have them installed and working).

I just added the game to Steam with my Steam Key and it was accepted. However, it had occurred to me that when Steam tries to apply the patch after my installation, there may be problems.

I'm holding off to conserve bandwidth (my data cap for the month is down to less than 4 gigs total that will have to last till October 30th).

Waiting for some advice before proceeding... from AGEOD or Matrix.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:55 am

How this patch works? (for AJE, bought at Ageod the 16th september 2012)
It just tells "Text here" and propose to Cancel. It even does not propose to (re)enter my key code.

rhondabrwn
Conscript

Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:05 am

rhondabrwn wrote:I'm in the same boat, Matrix won't let me register my serial number, but a while back they did let me get a Steam Key (I get the keys even though I don't reinstall the game through Steam as I have limited bandwidth to routinely switch games to Steam if I already have them installed and working).

I just added the game to Steam with my Steam Key and it was accepted. However, it had occurred to me that when Steam tries to apply the patch after my installation, there may be problems.

I'm holding off to conserve bandwidth (my data cap for the month is down to less than 4 gigs total that will have to last till October 30th).

Waiting for some advice before proceeding... from AGEOD or Matrix.

Update: Steam did the installation when I wasn't looking, but it installed and ran without a problem, so going via Steam Key seems to be a solution.

Ebbingford

Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:38 am

I have just tried to install the AJE patch and it says I haven't got the game installed on my system. I have......
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Bruit Bleu

Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:47 am

Franciscus wrote:I am not a Steam pro, but you should be able to get steam keys for AJE, SPR, CAN and BOR at Slitherine (http://www.slitherine.com/my_page/steam_serials). I suppose that this should also be possible in the future for HAN and PAR.

I will contact personally Matrix and the Phils to see if the gamers with pre-orders, Praetors and Proconsul serial numbers have their SN recognised without issue. Unfortunately I cannot solve it personally, but will do my best to make this right...

Sorry

Thanks Franciscus. No problem in waiting a few days.
As you know, there is a unique Praetor serial number for the four games and DLC you cite (AJE, BOR, SPR & CAN).

I hope Steam can reunite Alea Jacta Est multiple installations into a standalone game without having to install and patch it three times... :)
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

ess1
Lieutenant Colonel

AJE Patch

Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:14 am

I too have the S/N not recognised problem. One would have hoped that AGEOD had issued patch as Matrix/Slitherene have, apparently, messed this up. :(

Thanks Franciscus for your efforts to resolve this. :thumbsup:

PJJ
Captain

Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:29 am

First, a big thank you for continuing to support my favourite Ageod game! I can only hope there will be more stuff to come in the future. :)

Second, I think the whole process of installing all the different AJE games and scenarios is very confusing (at least to a simple-minded man like me). I preordered AJE back in 2012, so I have the Spartacus scenario as a bonus. I also have the Cantarian Wars scenario and all the big expansions.

I think it would be great to have an official guide about the whole installation process for everything, starting from scratch with the preorder version. Eventually I'll have to go through this install process again when I upgrade my PC, but I'm afraid all these new additions and patches have tremendously increased the risk of something going wrong.

I think I'm not the only one who finds this confusing, so I'm sure such a guide would prove useful to many others too. :)

Random
AGEod Veteran

Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:17 pm

First off, many Thanks to Franciscus for taking point on this. I submitted a tech support ticket at Matrix and within hours received a response with a link to where I can download the AJE v1.00 and Spartacus DLC, complete with new serial numbers. So the issue is being resolved satisfactorily as this is being written while the effort and time involved is well worth harmonizing my game library with the distributor's records at last.

Thanks to the tech support at Matrix/Slitherine for the quick response and to the AGEOD Alea Jacta Est team for continuing to work on this outstanding franchise.

-C

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:24 pm

Random wrote:I submitted a tech support ticket at Matrix and received a link to where I can download the AJE v1.00 and Spartacus DLC complete with new serial numbers.

Thanks for the tip.

arsan

Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:16 pm

Would this solution work also with spanish retail edition serials?

Regards!

Random
AGEod Veteran

Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:38 pm

arsan wrote:Would this solution work also with spanish retail edition serials?

Regards!

Presumably, provided you have proof of purchase and attach it to your support ticket. Anyway, it costs nothing to try so Good Luck!

-C

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:44 pm

Purchased direct from Amazon. Have not been able to register serial number w/ Matrix either. IIRC, AGEOD provided a separate (from Matrix) update link in the past as a workaround for this issue. Will try the Matrix support ticket routine.

WallysWorld
Captain

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:16 pm

I just submitted a ticket with Matrix Games too as my Ageod keys for AJE don't work either. The BoR and HAN keys worked fine.

Thanks for the tip about submitting a ticket with Matrix for new keys for AJE and thanks for the patches.

Franciscus

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:55 pm

Hello

As stated above, and as an updated list of valid SN has been provided today by Ageod to Matrix/Slitherine, anyone having bought the game(s) and not having a valid SN should contact customer support: support@slitherine.co.uk. They should sort things out.

I do not know if this includes or will include Spanish FX edition serials, not my call, really.

About why there are standalone, expansions and DLCs, and the need to have so many patches:

The decision to release BOR, and HAN, not as expansions but as standalone games was a marketing decision, really. I suppose the reasoning was that people not interested in the original AJE scenarios but only in BOR or HAN would not be "forced" to buy the original game. I am not sure if it was a good decision, and IMHO, with hindsight, my personal view is that it was not.

Luckily for Steam release, this decision was revised. In Steam there is only one base game (AJE), all the rest are sold as DLCs (including HAN and BOR), simplifying a lot installation and patching and saving space disk.

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WallysWorld
Captain

Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:23 pm

Ok, I just sent an email to address that Franciscus posted and closed my Matrix ticket. Will wait to hear back from Slitherine.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”