jack54
Brigadier General

Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:52 pm

Matrix resolved my issue by issuing 2 new serial numbers 1 for AJE and 1 for Spartacus. Everything works fine now. Top-notch Customer support... :)

Franciscus thanks again for leading the way through this issue.
AGE games I own; RUS ,AJE, BOR, H:ToR, AACW, WIA, ROP,NC, CWII, Espana 1936, TYW
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WallysWorld
Captain

Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:54 pm

jack54 wrote:Matrix resolved my issue by issuing 2 new serial numbers 1 for AJE and 1 for Spartacus. Everything works fine now. Top-notch Customer support... :)

Franciscus thanks again for leading the way through this issue.

Yes, I also got two new keys for AJE and Spartacus from Slitherine's support email so I'm all up to date with AJE.

Many thanks again, Franciscus.

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:28 pm

Well, the response from Matrix customer support for me follows:

"Unfortunately these were not sold by the Slitherine Group. Unfortunately Paradox sold the Alea Jacta Est games as retail editions and on Gamersgate and other stores. They did not provide Ageod or ourselves with the records for these, so we have no way to validate these keys, so unfortunately we cannot provide Steam keys for games bought on GamersGate or other sites. We can only support keys bought directly from Ageod or from the Slitherine or Matrix shops. We are sorry for this."

Anyone know how to get patch support for my game?

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:01 pm

One day in the future, devs may write like for GamersGate
"unfortunately we cannot provide Ageod keys for games bought on Steam or other sites. We can only support keys bought directly from Ageod (or from the Slitherine or Matrix) shops. We are sorry for this."
I'll refrain from laughing, in respect for Age players.

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:15 pm

IIRC, this and Rise of Prussia are the only AGEOD games purchased outside of the AGEOD/Matrix store (and I have purchased beaucoup games from both over the years). I will purchase directly from the publisher sites in the future though :bonk: Btw, I have not purchased any game from the Steam site.

Franciscus

Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:44 pm

I am really sorry for this, although this is not my call...

For now I can only say that the matter is being discussed with Matrix/Slitherine

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charles
Lieutenant

Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:09 am

I have the same problem, HAN and BOR which I bought from Matrix update fine, but when I try to update AJE which I purchased from the AGEOD store in april 2013, I get the message the serial number is invalid!

I emailed Slitherine and got a robo message I was assigned a help ticket.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WallysWorld
Captain

Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:57 am

Charles wrote:I emailed Slitherine and got a robo message I was assigned a help ticket.

Same as me, but a reply was there the next morning with two new keys and download links which worked perfectly.

ess1
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:53 pm

I submitted ticket to Slitherine who gave me serial numbers for Spartacus and AJE v 1.00!!

Not too much to ask for the AGEOD patch surely? Why, oh why have AGEOD done this? Rhetorical really. Money!!!
:(

Charles
Lieutenant

Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:48 pm

ok, problem solved, received new keys. Slitherine does have very good customer support.

:winner:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:37 pm

Franciscus wrote:I am really sorry for this, although this is not my call...

For now I can only say that the matter is being discussed with Matrix/Slitherine

Regards

Franciscus, thank you for discussing this issue with Slitherine. I hope they will reconsider.

You have my gratitude.

Thanks again,

Vaalen

richfed

Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:55 pm

What exactly IS the proper sequence of installing all these files? I usually do this: AJE PO version - AJE UnlockPO patch - Cantabrian Wars - BOR setup - Hannibal setup - then, the most recent patches; AJE-BOR-Hannibal. It always works, so I guess that is OK.

Just put a fresh clean install of Windows 10 on my PC, so I was re-installing software. Ran into a problem with AJE 1.05 patch. So, I contacted Slitherine and was told that Matrix had these, but they had checked my keys, all was good, so they went ahead and provided 2 links and new keys.

Now, I am not sure how to proceed. Do I need to uninstall the entire game, just AJE, or, can I simply use the new keys? Too many parts!!
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:11 pm

vaalen wrote:Franciscus, thank you for discussing this issue with Slitherine. I hope they will reconsider.

You have my gratitude.

Thanks again,

Vaalen

+1..my thanks too.

Franciscus

Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:06 pm

richfed wrote:What exactly IS the proper sequence of installing all theses files? I usually do this: AJE PO version - AJE UnlockPO patch - Cantabrian Wars - BOR setup - Hannibal setup - then, the most recent patches; AJE-BOR-Hannibal. It always works, so I guess that is OK.

Just put a fresh clean install of Windows 10 on my PC, so I was re-installing software. Ran into a problem with AJE 1.05 patch. So, I contacted Slitherine and was told that Matrix had these, but they had checked my keys, all was good, so they went ahead and provided 2 links and new keys.

Now, I am not sure how to proceed. Do I need to uninstall the entire game, just AJE, or, can I simply use the new keys? Too many parts!!

Hi
I think you do not need to reinstall again, just type the new keys Matrix gave you when the patch asks for them, it should be enough.

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

richfed

Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:54 am

Ok, that worked! Easy ... thanks.

arsan

Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:49 pm

Ebbingford wrote:I have just tried to install the AJE patch and it says I haven't got the game installed on my system. I have......

Ebbingford,

Have you managed to solve this problem? could you explain how?
Several spanish players report this problem too :bonk:

Regards!

Ebbingford

Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:14 pm

No, I haven't looked at it since I posted that :(
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

arsan

Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:55 pm

Ops! :bonk:
I thougth you may have found the solution... thanks anyway!

Maybe Franciscus can offer some help.

Regards

Franciscus

Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:34 pm

Hi

No clue, will need more info...

- what game version have people with this issue ? Beta version ? FX ?
- have you tried to manually input your game installation path in the patch installer window ?
- as last resort: full uninstall, registry clean-up (I use free CCleaner) and reinstall. Players with beta SN, or FX or Paradox-sold games don't need to do it, because anyhow the patch will not work with them, they will have to wait for their Steam key

If all fails and we are talking of an Ageod/Matrix version of the game, the issue must be brought to the Slitherine help desk

The Matrix patch installer will only recognize Ageod/Matrix games; for example, games installed using beta SN may not be recognized (my own beta SN was not recognized, I had to get a SN from them...). Games installed by Steam (that use auto patching), Gamersgate, FX are also possibly not recognized by the patch installer

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

picaron

Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:31 pm

I have it installed in C\Games\Alea Jacta Est

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

Franciscus

Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:03 pm

Hi Picaron

Do you have the FX or beta version ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

picaron

Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:11 pm

Franciscus wrote:Hi Picaron

Do you have the FX or beta version ?

Debe de ser la versión beta

Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

Ebbingford

Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:15 pm

I think mine was a beta as well, the RAR file is called AJE_Vanilla_Setup
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Franciscus

Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:22 pm

I'll see what I can do... :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

picaron

Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:35 pm

Gracias.

Dulce bellum inexpertis

hollowfaith
Conscript

Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:17 am

EDIT: Nevermind. Thanks. :)

AlGharib
Conscript

Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:28 pm

picaron wrote:Image

I have it installed in C\Games\Alea Jacta Est

I have the same problem. My version is pre-order.

Franciscus

Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:08 pm

AlGharib wrote:I have the same problem. My version is pre-order.

Hi

As mentioned in the other thread, you should contact Slitherine support, they will fix it:

If you have bought from Ageod, (including a pre-order, that was entitled to a free "Spartacus" DLC, or the Praetor or Proconsul versions), or from Matrix/Slitherine and have problems with your valid SN, or have lost it, you should contact directly Matrix/Slitherine helpdesk (support@slitherine.co.uk). They should provide you with a solution.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlGharib
Conscript

Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:14 pm

Franciscus wrote:Hi

As mentioned in the other thread, you should contact Slitherine support, they will fix it:

If you have bought from Ageod, (including a pre-order, that was entitled to a free "Spartacus" DLC, or the Praetor or Proconsul versions), or from Matrix/Slitherine and have problems with your valid SN, or have lost it, you should contact directly Matrix/Slitherine helpdesk (support@slitherine.co.uk). They should provide you with a solution.

Yes, I contacted with Slitheren and I have a new serial, but the problem persists.

I reinstalled the game and appears the same message.

Franciscus

Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:49 pm

Sorry, no idea why...and cannot solve it personnaly...
Please contact them again, and ask for a new download link, that maybe the solution

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”