mariolone80
Civilian

Grand Campaign

Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:43 pm

Hi.
Just bought the game and tried a couple of scenarios...really very nice!!!
I was wondering if somthing like a "Grand Campaign" exists...i mean plaiing from a date to another one witouth any province limits ecc...like in EU.

Durk

Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:15 am

Just within given wars, not from the beginning of time until the fall of the Roman Empire.
So you can play much of the Rome v Carthage, all of the Caesar v Pompey, but not the history of the world.

CatoTheYounger
Sergeant

Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:49 am

I don't care for this idea. The game is strong because the attention to detail, and the very specific historical setup, historical arrivement of reinforcements, historical switching of command of Roman consuls, historical events that are triggered when parallel situations to historical situations are achieved all the while allowing for alternative paths to be followed. This would not be possible with an open ended 700 year campaign. To simply put a starting setup and let the game play out would not be very ageod history rich, but a common war game like the other less then realistice games that seek to balance averything for gamey purposes.

Please leave this game the way it is and spend your energy on titles covering uncovered conflicts, or even updated versions of the previously covered titles. This is a niche that finally fits my interest to a T, changing it would be heartbreaking.

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:46 pm

Pride of Nations might be the closest game to EU that ageod has.

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:20 pm

Maybe not a grand campaign like 500 years long but several about 100 years campaigns where one can develope things would be great ;-D

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:53 pm

I mostly wish for a grand campaign or several ones (each 50-100 years) - because I am always enjoying the campaigns greatly and am kinda sad, when they are over. I guess that is why we had already many posts with the wish for a grand campaign. Right now also most of the building options are mostly not worth it in such a short time - so it is mostly build as many units as possible and then chop-chop everyone ;-D This is not meant as criticism - it is still greatly enjoyable - but more building and some diplomatic options - like a tuned down PON in AJE would be a dream come true ;-D

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”