prithupaul
Civilian

When is AJE coming to steam?

Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:47 am

I basically registered to ask this question. When is AJE coming to steam? I know its greenlit. Eagerly waiting for its release.

PhilThib

Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:26 am

Basically before the end of the year, we are trying to find a spot in the release schedule over there :)

Eisenfaust
Conscript

Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:41 pm

1. Will AJE in Steam have all actual addons?
1. Will it be possible to register the copy of AJE bought from the Matrix store in Steam (as it was with Panzer Corps)?

PhilThib

Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:32 am

I am not yet informed of all the details, but for sure addons will come, at least in some weeks after first release, if not at launch.
As for the registration, I believe we should do like was done for other Ageod/Matrix games that were placed to Steam. I need to see that with the tech guys :)

Achilles84
Conscript

Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:06 pm

PhilThib wrote:Basically before the end of the year, we are trying to find a spot in the release schedule over there :)

Thank You!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Eisenfaust
Conscript

Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:30 pm

PhilThib wrote:I am not yet informed of all the details, but for sure addons will come, at least in some weeks after first release, if not at launch.
As for the registration, I believe we should do like was done for other Ageod/Matrix games that were placed to Steam. I need to see that with the tech guys :)

Great!

coturnix
Private

Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:41 pm

Add trading cards if possible. I have no idea what´s needed for this, but it will net you extra sales for sure (not that i care about them, but there´s always people asking for trading cards in the steam forums. It wouldn´t change the game one iota, and every extra sale is welcomed).

BBBD316
Lieutenant

Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:20 am

Excellent, I was wondering this as well.

I have PON and Prussia Gold wishlisted, but if/when AJR and RUS hit the steam store I will be all over it.

PhilThib

Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:08 am

Normally, release should be early next month, barring unusual difficulties or delays :thumbsup: :cool:

Castrai
Conscript

Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:06 pm

Finally, hurray :w00t:

Lobuzio
Conscript

Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:09 pm

Great news ! Maybe You can make a user-friendly multiplayer ?

Švejk
Conscript

Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:03 am

PhilThib wrote:Normally, release should be early next month, barring unusual difficulties or delays :thumbsup: :cool:

*looks at how much it and the DLCs cost*

Looks like I won't be getting anything new for a while. :bonk:

Iwbtone
Private

Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:25 pm

One question here, I preordered the AJE on old ageod store, when ageod still didn't join in slitherine & matrixgames, and today I find AJE and its 2 small dlc have already got a steam key redeem button on slitherine.com's steam key page, but when I put my preorder cd key in register page on slitherine, it said this serial not found ?

So how can I get steam key if I can't register my cd key on slitherine, is there plan that aegod integrates old store cd key into the slitherine 's serial data ?

Delaware
Private

Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:40 pm

I went to active my buzz Aldrin Space Program Manager key on Steam and the option was given to generate a Steam key for Alea Jacta Est, which I did. So I imagine it is imminent

rwenstrup
Sergeant

Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:29 pm

I have also purchased AJE and several other games prior to the Slitherine agreement. Will there be an ability to put them on Steam? That would be an excellent bonus to your loyal customers!

PhilThib

Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:37 am

Yes, I believe there is a feature that allows you to redeem a Steam key from us when you bought the game originally from our webshops

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:26 am

What is the bonus instead to loyal customers who don't want any steam key? ;)

Franciscus

Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:36 am

ERISS wrote:What is the bonus instead to loyal customers who don't want any steam key? ;)

Not needing Steam to play the game... :neener: :mdr:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lobuzio
Conscript

Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:48 am

AJE is already avilable on steam ?

Achilles84
Conscript

Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:22 pm

Are you going to release Hannibal and the Parthian wars too?

Eisenfaust
Conscript

Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:25 pm

Lobuzio wrote:AJE is already avilable on steam ?

Release date - 04.11.2014!

Franciscus

Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Achilles84 wrote:Are you going to release Hannibal and the Parthian wars too?

It's planned, yes

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rwenstrup
Sergeant

Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:53 pm

Could you provide directions on how to register serials numbers on Slitherine for AGEOD games bought prior to the agreement with Slitherine? I've got several...and the original serial numbers. Just need to know the procedure.

Thanks!

Comtedemeighan
Brigadier General

Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:16 pm

The game is now for sale on Steam just purchased it.
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem - By the Sword We Seek Peace, But Peace Only Under Liberty
-Massachusetts state motto-

"The army is the true nobility of our country."
-Napoleon III-

Pocus

Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:16 pm

Yes, and if you want to help on the Steam forum, then be my guest! :)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/313660/discussions

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

BBBD316
Lieutenant

Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:11 am

Bang!

Saw on the Paradox forums that this was available and got it, so in 3 months I went from 0 AGEOD games to CW2, TEAW, ROP, PON and now AJE.

Just keep releasing them and I will keep buying them, deal? Still waiting for RUS and WIA

Pocus

Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:56 am

Nice to read :)

So I guess you had a kind of epiphany with our game system? What was the most difficult thing to understand? Some say that simultaneous turn based game are innately harder to understand than the more classic IGO-UGO.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:06 am

Pocus wrote: you had a kind of epiphany with our game system?

I think you'll be disappointed: this must just be the collectorist habit of Steam users. They tend to buy many to fill their game listing,
it must come from as they own nothing real (but a right to use), they paradoxaly psychologically have to reassure like this (buying more funny wind).

ChuckB
Private

Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:35 pm

Pocus wrote:Nice to read :)

So I guess you had a kind of epiphany with our game system? What was the most difficult thing to understand? Some say that simultaneous turn based game are innately harder to understand than the more classic IGO-UGO.

Hi Pocus,

I'm not the original poster but here is my story: I bought the original BOA and then again BOA2:WIA and was never really able to work my way into the system. I played some shorter scenarios but the whole concept of how stacks are handled (and shown) and the command point system felt very confusing to me. In retrospect the issue with stacks was the different levels/layers of units: there are the tabs for formations, the units within the formations that are shown in more detail and then the elements of these units on the right side. It was also always difficult to judge the strength of enemy units (the little colored balls at the bottom of the unit counters are only partially helpful).
I bought American Civil War - The Blue and the Gray and never played it.
I pre-orderd AJE and ... never really played more than the tutorial. I think one of the issues for me with AJE was the lack of smaller scenarios, as everything felt pretty overwhelming. I also think that the manual could be better (and probably needs an update after all the patches).

Then TEAW came out and I had ZERO interest in WWi but the availability on Steam (at reduced price in the beginning) made me buy it and, again, I played the tutorial and read one or two articles that explained the two most important points for me (stacks and CPs) and it clicked somehow. I never played more than the tutorial of TEAW but picked up AJE and WIA and enjoy playing it now. That also made me buy two of the AJE expansion and Civil War 2 (which I plan to play next)

ChuckB
Private

Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:36 pm

Pocus wrote:Nice to read :)

Hi Pocus,

I'm not the original poster but here is my story: I bought the original BOA and then again BOA2:WIA and was never really able to work my way into the system. I played some shorter scenarios but the whole concept of how stacks are handled (and shown) and the command point system felt very confusing to me. In retrospect the issue with stacks was the different levels/layers of units: there are the tabs for formations, the units within the formations that are shown in more detail and then the elements of these units on the right side. It was also always difficult to judge the strength of enemy units (the little colored balls at the bottom of the unit counters are only partially helpful).
I bought American Civil War - The Blue and the Gray and never played it.
I pre-orderd AJE and ... never really played more than the tutorial. I think one of the issues for me with AJE was the lack of smaller scenarios, as everything felt pretty overwhelming. I also think that the manual could be better (and probably needs an update after all the patches).

Then TEAW came out and I had ZERO interest in WWi but the availability on Steam (at reduced price in the beginning) made me buy it and, again, I played the tutorial and read one or two articles that explained the two most important points for me (stacks and CPs) and it clicked somehow. I never played more than the tutorial of TEAW but picked up AJE and WIA and enjoy playing it now. That also made me buy two of the AJE expansion and Civil War 2 (which I plan to play next)

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”