Pocus

Hannibal: Terror of Rome goes into Beta!: comments thread

Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:13 pm

Dear players,

If you have comments about this news:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?35177-Hannibal-Terror-of-Rome-goes-into-Beta

Then please post it here, as the News Forum has some restrictions on posting :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

anjou
Lieutenant

Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:22 pm

Awesome! I'm having trouble registering for the beta, though. It keeps telling me my login credentials don't work

Franciscus

Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:56 pm

anjou wrote:Awesome! I'm having trouble registering for the beta, though. It keeps telling me my login credentials don't work

Strange.

I assume you are using your Matrix login, right ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

anjou
Lieutenant

Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:57 pm

Franciscus wrote:Strange.

I assume you are using your Matrix login, right ?

Yep

Vincentius
Brigadier General

Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:47 am

But, I just have to play and tell you if I see bugs ? Or I have to do some things more specific ?
Italian videogamer (I love strategy games) :thumbsup:

Parcere subiectis et debellare superbos.
Os stulti contritio eius.
Hoc unum scio, me nihil scire.
Alea iacta est.
Mens sana in corpore sano.
Tu quoque, Brute, fili mi ?

Franciscus

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:02 pm

Aw Vincent wrote:But, I just have to play and tell you if I see bugs ? Or I have to do some things more specific ?

Yes the chosen beta testers should play (solo and PBEM), enjoy (hopefully), and:

- report any and all bugs, important or not.
- comment on play balance.

All scenarios should, preferably, be tested, of course

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vincentius
Brigadier General

Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:58 am

Franciscus wrote:Yes the chosen beta testers should play (solo and PBEM), enjoy (hopefully), and:

- report any and all bugs, important or not.
- comment on play balance.

All scenarios should, preferably, be tested, of course

Regards

Is there any thread dedicated only for beta bugs or I can post everything here ? :D

Alea iacta est.

Ebbingford

Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:51 pm

There will probably be a private forum :cool:
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Vincentius
Brigadier General

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:00 pm

Thanks for the availability :D

Alea iacta est.

LUDOPEREZ
Major

Login as tester

Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:47 pm

Hi Franciscus , i tried to sign as tester and i had the same error because i think that the alias and the pasword required is the same as Ageod Forum. Now all is right ,but was not clear that matrix is the right.

Thanks for the opportunity :thumbsup:

Hohenstaufen
Private

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:58 am

Hi!

I became chosen for beta testing (yay!)
But when i click the link for downloading the latest build a text comes up saying i doesn´t have permission to access this page?

Pocus

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:02 pm

PM Tamas, he is handling these things.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

anjou
Lieutenant

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:12 pm

LUDOPEREZ wrote:Hi Franciscus , i tried to sign as tester and i had the same error because i think that the alias and the pasword required is the same as Ageod Forum. Now all is right ,but was not clear that matrix is the right.

Thanks for the opportunity :thumbsup:

Ah, that was it!

michaelangelo
Conscript

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:21 am

Would you please clarify what you did you sign in? I have tried to sign in as a tester after receiving my email beta invitation, however I get a message that says:

"michaelangelo, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

I've sent a PM to Tamas (almost 20 hours ago) without response or assistance. I can't create a new registration because it says my email address is already registered.

Thanks in advance.

ArchaicWarrior
Civilian

Thu May 01, 2014 12:55 pm

hmmm, i don't have permission either. signed up for Beta testing, created an account here but still no permission.

oOo

anjou
Lieutenant

Fri May 02, 2014 7:26 pm

You have to use the login for the Matrix forums, friend

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Mon May 26, 2014 1:32 am

I tried to sign up as well but it said my account credentials were not valid which doesn't make sense at all.
TEAW Beta Team

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Mon May 26, 2014 1:32 am

Oh I just saw the above nvm :p
TEAW Beta Team

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Mon May 26, 2014 10:29 pm

Will we be messaged on Matrix or Ageod forums?

Is there some special web page that we will be given a link to if we are graciously allowed in? I'm not really familiar with the Matrix forums and I don't know where to locate anything right now :neener:

Pocus

Tue May 27, 2014 9:16 am

I sent you a PM Hidekitojo, I believe that's too late for beta, but you can still try, it should go through Tamas in case of problem though.

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Wed May 28, 2014 10:02 pm

I Sent a application through the form less than a day after it went up im really hoping to hear back
TEAW Beta Team

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:05 am

So since that didn't work apparently it's completely impossible to get into these betas bc I don't know how I could have applied faster. not that I particularly thought it was too much to ask for but then again I'm not in the Skulls and Bones Society.

Franciscus

Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:09 pm

I am very sorry for this, HidekiTojo, but anyhow the beta phase for HAN has ended already, as release is imminent

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Person of Interest

Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:33 pm

Franciscus wrote:I am very sorry for this, HidekiTojo, but anyhow the beta phase for HAN has ended already, as release is imminent

Regards

Oh joy! :thumbsup:

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:48 pm

Franciscus wrote:I am very sorry for this, HidekiTojo, but anyhow the beta phase for HAN has ended already, as release is imminent

Regards

That wasn't the issue so much as this: the form in the op for this page let people register and submit an application for the beta. Nobody said that it was going to be less than twelve hours before they stopped even looking at these applications. If nobody was going to be accepted into the beta then there was no point in giving people false hope of getting into it. My application was submitted and accepted by the website less than twelve hours after it went up. So other than just messing with people like me, who own every AGEOD game including multiple copies and is active on the forum, who also tried so unbelievably hard to get into the beta that they message everyone to make sure the application got in properly and the right people knew as quickly as humanly possible, I cannot see any reason whatsoever for that form to even exist. So the loyal customer and fan who turns in the app very quickly doesn't get in even after going to great lengths? Who does then? What more could possibly be asked? I would buy 4 copies if it meant being part of the beta.

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:50 pm

Im very impressed with the game. Even though it was somewhat frustrating to be turned down the ancient world isn't as much of a specialty of mine. I am however offering prayers to Tamas every day for TEAW bc to be turned down for tht one would be utterly crushing.
TEAW Beta Team

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”