vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

All consuls have the same rating, for seven years?

Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:31 am

I have been playing the First Punic War scenario that starts with the Romans in Africa. I am quite a few years into it. For the last seven years, all of the roman consuls have exactly the same ratings, 4 1 1, with no special abilities.

This cannot be true, historically. Is this a bug, or WAD?

Ahenobarbus
Lieutenant

Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:35 am

Car ce sont des personnages fades. Ce sont des personnages passe-partout, donc ils n'ont pas eu l'attention d'un Scipion lafricain.
[CENTER]@@@ :D Belge et fier de l'être !!!@@@[/CENTER]
Je joue à [color="#cc0033"]Alea Jacta Est (AJE)[/color] - [color="#cc0033"]Birth of Rome (BOR)[/color] - [color="#cc0033"]Revolution Under Siege (RUS)[/color]
AAR's : Bellum Samniticum Tertium (BOR) - Un fauteuil pour deux (AJE)

PhilThib

Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:55 pm

vaalen wrote:I have been playing the First Punic War scenario that starts with the Romans in Africa. I am quite a few years into it. For the last seven years, all of the roman consuls have exactly the same ratings, 4 1 1, with no special abilities.

This cannot be true, historically. Is this a bug, or WAD?

No bug, as our French-speaking esteemed Belgian member says, they are almost for all of them flavorless characters, with no real military talent, just the basic Roman "skills". Out of 24 years of the war, I guess may be 3 or 4 Consuls did rise out of the lot.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:28 pm

PhilThib wrote:No bug, as our French-speaking esteemed Belgian member says, they are almost for all of them flavorless characters, with no real military talent, just the basic Roman "skills". Out of 24 years of the war, I guess may be 3 or 4 Consuls did rise out of the lot.

Thank you for the explanation. No wonder the war dragged on so long.

Ahenobarbus
Lieutenant

Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:13 am

Les raisons de la durée étaient plus complexes que cela. C'était une guerre pour la première place et non purement de voisinage, il fallait un perdant, du coup, ils ont combattus jusqu'aux dernières ressources de l'un deux.

Sans parler de l'importance des territoires contrôlés, l'un ou l'autre n'allait pas capituler car une cité secondaire était prise, fallait qu'ils perdent le contrôle de la capitale et/ou d'un grand territoire. C'est un peu comme si, aujourd'hui, Obama reconnaissait la défaite de son pays car les chinois ont débarqués une division à Honolulu, il faut plus que cela.

Sans parler que si les chefs de guerre romains (comme ceux des puniques) étaient compétents, le fait d'être des adversaires politique, des concurrents, n aidait pas à bien conduire une guerre. Chaque chef voulait (pour ainsi dire) être LE chef qui aurai contribué à la victoire. À l'image de napoléon qui était jaloux des autres généraux et qui a fait en sorte d'éloigner du pourvoir ses concurrents et de s'entourer que de généraux de second ordre et/ou fidèle à sa cause.
[CENTER]@@@ :D Belge et fier de l'être !!!@@@[/CENTER]
Je joue à [color="#cc0033"]Alea Jacta Est (AJE)[/color] - [color="#cc0033"]Birth of Rome (BOR)[/color] - [color="#cc0033"]Revolution Under Siege (RUS)[/color]
AAR's : Bellum Samniticum Tertium (BOR) - Un fauteuil pour deux (AJE)

El Nino

Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:18 pm

I have change the ratings of that roman consuls. It must be historically better. Confirmed for the next patch !
:)

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:14 am

El Nino wrote:I have change the ratings of that roman consuls. It must be historically better. Confirmed for the next patch !
:)

Great news! Thank you so much.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”