greycat
Private

More campaigns!

Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:43 pm

I've just started playing AJE and I think it's a great game. However, it's rather underused by the campaigns currently available. Here's my wish list for future expansions

Caesar's Gallic Wars 58-50 BC
Pannonian War 6-9 AD
Varus Disaster 9 AD
Boudiccan Uprising 60-61 AD
Revolt of Civilis 69 AD
Dacian Wars 101-106 AD

Would like by Christmas if possible! :D

Vincentius
Brigadier General

Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:51 pm

For Christmas (I hope) it will be the Second Punic War DLC
Italian videogamer (I love strategy games) :thumbsup:

Parcere subiectis et debellare superbos.
Os stulti contritio eius.
Hoc unum scio, me nihil scire.
Alea iacta est.
Mens sana in corpore sano.
Tu quoque, Brute, fili mi ?

Ech Heftag
Sergeant

Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:03 am

The whole Migration period offers a lot of interesting material for a series of scenarios (or possible 1-2 super scenarios with 3-4 factions and around 150 turns or something). Maybe one "Crisis of the 3rd century" scenario with Rome, Goths (actually a federation also including the Heruli and other tribes) and Palmyrene Empire as playable factions, and Gallic Empire and Sassanid Persia as NPC factions that can enter the fray depending on player decisions and behavior. A problem for designing such a scenario might be the difficulties in finding enough info on historical Gothic and Palmyrene leaders.

cwegsche
Lieutenant

Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:26 pm

The war between Marcus Antonius and Gaius Octavius would make a great campaign spanning over the whole map and would be high on my wish list!

James D Burns

Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:50 pm

cwegsche wrote:The war between Marcus Antonius and Gaius Octavius would make a great campaign spanning over the whole map and would be high on my wish list!

This is at the top of my wish list too, but I hope they make it an epic long campaign (10-20 years). Had the naval disaster not taken place the war could have lasted for many years.

Jim

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:37 pm

I'm not so sure that it would have been an epic long campaign. The battle of Actium wasn't really a fluke as much as a desparate attempt by Mark Antony to break out of an impossible position -- a bit like the one the Athenians got themselves into at Syracuse.
Antony had already lost the political battle, and in the long run that translates into legions. He couldn't win, not unless he spooked Agrippa into doing something incredibly stupid, and he ended up getting hoist on his own petard.

I don't buy Octavian's propaganda that Cleopatra abandoned Antony at Actium. She had the war treasury in her ship, and the purpose of the battle was probably to break open a hole in Agrippa's line that Cleopatra could slip through so that they could continue the war. The ugly surprise may have been the extent of the casualties taken in order to get the treasure fleet out.

The campaign leading up to Actium is fascinating, since it was a land and sea campaign played out along the whole coastline of Greece. I've always wanted to see a scenario covering it and I hope it's in the works. To get the interplay of land and naval forces working correctly for this one the map will need to have a few ports and harbours added (e.g. two in the gulf of Ambracia).

Other scenarios that I would love to see would be the Social War, Jugurtha, and the Carthaginian conquest of Southern Spain between the First and Second Punic Wars. And as a warm-up for the Actium campaign, there's always the Illyrian wars.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:34 am

I think that AJE/BOR provides scope for all manner of ancient campaigns. The ideas above are certainly suitable but I would also like to see the Peloponnesian and Persian wars as well.

-C

Franciscus

Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:14 am

Hi

I can say that some of the ideas above are definitely in our plans for future expansions :)

But...the future of AJE expansions and development is very much dependent on it's success. In other words: if you are interested in AJE game, why not try and enjoy the latest expansion, PAR, if you haven't already ? ;)

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cwegsche
Lieutenant

Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:15 pm

Already done that Franciscus and have to say your words are true!! The parthian expansion is a masterpiece, thank you very much for that! It's well balanced, fresh and new, entertaining and very very addictive :-)

Hope you (are allowed to) continue with further expansions, if you would like to do so!

Regards Chris

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Aw Vincent wrote:For Christmas (I hope) it will be the Second Punic War DLC

I agree. The second Punic War should be top of the list: "Hannibal Ad Portas"!!
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

Searry
Colonel

Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:16 pm

I'd love to see more Late Empire campaigns. Here's an idea: One player as all the different barbarian factions, two players as Western and Eastern Rome, if there is a timeframe when "barbarians" invaded both halfs at the same time.
Also, for BOR, I'd love to see Alexanders campaigns and the Diadokhoi ones as well.

Vincentius
Brigadier General

Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:10 pm

I will love you guys :coeurs: if you make these scenarios: Jugurthine War, Cimbrian War, Social War.
Italian videogamer (I love strategy games) :thumbsup:

Parcere subiectis et debellare superbos.

Os stulti contritio eius.

Hoc unum scio, me nihil scire.

Alea iacta est.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

Tu quoque, Brute, fili mi ?

PJJ
Captain

Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:43 pm

Germanicus's campaigns in Germania would also be interesting. Germanic tribes would have to fight Germanicus's powerful legions with guerrilla tactics in difficult terrain. A sort of French and Indian War in AJE maybe? :)

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”