Jolly Roger
Conscript

AJE 1.03 bugs

Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:55 pm

Gentlemen,

I´ve experienced a bug after adding Cantabrian Wars and Parthian Wars to my existing AJE 1.03 a installation.

2 times while I was running Cantabrian Wars or the Severus scenario of Parthian Wars the game aborted by a crash to desktop.

In both cases I´ve observed strange graphic effects like lines connecting the choosen Commanders image to several adjacent provinces.

In both cases I´ve opened game options and checked the settings without changing anything and the game worked correct afterwards.

I´ve collected the main log file and the game data as requested.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks,

Klaus

Franciscus

Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi

Sorry for your troubles.

Can you try patching the game with patch 1.03b ? If crashes continue, please post here your Main Log.txt file

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vincentius
Brigadier General

Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:41 pm

Congratulations for the game, I'm having fun a lot :D . Until now, I'm not having troubles and I don't find any bug :) .
Italian videogamer (I love strategy games) :thumbsup:

Parcere subiectis et debellare superbos.
Os stulti contritio eius.
Hoc unum scio, me nihil scire.
Alea iacta est.
Mens sana in corpore sano.
Tu quoque, Brute, fili mi ?

Jolly Roger
Conscript

Bug 1.03

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:01 pm

Franciscus wrote:Hi

Sorry for your troubles.

Can you try patching the game with patch 1.03b ? If crashes continue, please post here your Main Log.txt file

Regards

Hi mate,

at the moment the game is running fine. As my friends are on 1.03 a I don´t wanna cause trouble with our games by moving to 1.03 b.

I´ve collected all files main.log, scripts, scenario data from these events.

I could pass them on, just send your email address by PM.

Thanks, Klaus

schmolywar
Private

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:37 pm

Transport ship issues in the Severus scenario. Either the boats takes extreme detours or they do not move at all since it take "9999" days to do it. Me and another player have the same issues in PBEM against each other.

bob.
General

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:47 pm

To add to what schmolywar said, you can also build regular ships on cities near the Euphrates but they can't actually traverse it.

Franciscus

Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:29 pm

schmolywar wrote:Transport ship issues in the Severus scenario. Either the boats takes extreme detours or they do not move at all since it take "9999" days to do it. Me and another player have the same issues in PBEM against each other.

Can you post a save game with the issue you describe ?

Thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bob.
General

Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:35 pm

[ATTACH]25492[/ATTACH]

Here is the save of the game we are playing right now. Try it for example with the Roman transport fleet in Zeugma.
Attachments
Severus_BOBvsSCHMOLY.rar
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 223 times

Franciscus

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Ok...

First issue:

I tried with your transport fleet in Zeugma

In the first two tries I could move the ships along the Euphrates without any problem:

Planning move:

Turn execution:

BUT...

I went and tried a third time, and then I got 3000 days to move the fleet just from the port to the adjacent river ! :bonk: :

I confess I do not understand this. Either some problem in your save or an engine bug ?

Will bring this to master Pocus attention.

----
Second issue:

There is in fact a problem in the models/units/setups, as all sea ships (including Nav Onerarium, transport ships) are allowed to be built in river cities but cannot sail in rivers...Only the Nav Fluvium can sail in rivers.
This is unfortunate because I do not think it will be easy to solve...

Sorry about the inconvenience...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Franciscus

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

Jolly Roger wrote:Hi mate,

at the moment the game is running fine. As my friends are on 1.03 a I don´t wanna cause trouble with our games by moving to 1.03 b.

I´ve collected all files main.log, scripts, scenario data from these events.

I could pass them on, just send your email address by PM.

Thanks, Klaus

Well, if somehow the problem seems to have cleared, will wait. If this happens again, please report and I will send you a mail address to send the files

Thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jolly Roger
Conscript

Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:32 am

Thanks, your help is much appreciated ! Seems like it´s a problem of "scenario integration". The problem appears only when I start a scenario for the first time after a new update.
Now everything is running smoothly. However, there are always some minor problems to be ruled out. Thanks for this great game, it´s definetely a "must have"!!

Have a nice weekend

Klaus

Vincentius
Brigadier General

Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:33 pm

In the Marcus Antonius Scenario I achieived a minor victory, but there was no text, it's a bug ?
Italian videogamer (I love strategy games) :thumbsup:

Parcere subiectis et debellare superbos.

Os stulti contritio eius.

Hoc unum scio, me nihil scire.

Alea iacta est.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

Tu quoque, Brute, fili mi ?

Franciscus

Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:59 pm

Aw Vincent wrote:In the Marcus Antonius Scenario I achieived a minor victory, but there was no text, it's a bug ?

Yes, a minor bug...

Will be fixed in a future patch.

In the meantime, I present you with your deserved text:

[color="#AFEEEE"]Although the fighting was tough, the barbarians were repelled. The gods have blessed our shields rather than our swords, but the border is now secure. The winner is Marcus Antonius, although he regrets not being able to give his son Alexander Helios the Parthian throne he so coveted.[/color]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Franciscus

Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:14 pm

Franciscus wrote:Second issue:

There is in fact a problem in the models/units/setups, as all sea ships (including Nav Onerarium, transport ships) are allowed to be built in river cities but cannot sail in rivers...Only the Nav Fluvium can sail in rivers.
This is unfortunate because I do not think it will be easy to solve...

Hi

This issue (sea ships being buldable in riverine ports) is now solved, for next patch (sea ships will only be allowed to be built in sea ports)

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LUDOPEREZ
Major

Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:52 am

Franciscus wrote:Hi

This issue (sea ships being buldable in riverine ports) is now solved, for next patch (sea ships will only be allowed to be built in sea ports)

Regards

Hi Franciscus
About this problem of naval river transport i think there are another bug in Crassus Scenario.
As roman player there are not river transports unit for buldable , but i have an egiptian river transport unit that i can build in Apamea city. This is very important that with this unit i can send refoircements and suplies to sieged rebelian persian cities in the south.
Thaks very much, and sorry for my bad english.

I enjoy very much with this DCL , :coeurs:

Franciscus

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:49 am

LUDOPEREZ wrote:Hi Franciscus
About this problem of naval river transport i think there are another bug in Crassus Scenario.
As roman player there are not river transports unit for buldable , but i have an egiptian river transport unit that i can build in Apamea city. This is very important that with this unit i can send refoircements and suplies to sieged rebelian persian cities in the south.
Thaks very much, and sorry for my bad english.

I enjoy very much with this DCL , :coeurs:

Hi

You are right, that should not be possible.

will be fixed for next version, thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Highlandcharge

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:56 am

Is this bug in all the Parthian scenarios?, I haven't had time to play it lot...

When is the update planned?

Franciscus

Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:04 pm

Highlandcharge wrote:Is this bug in all the Parthian scenarios?, I haven't had time to play it lot...

When is the update planned?

There are two issues we are discussing here:

- Sea ships being buildable in rivers (and then becoming landlocked), and Lagids rivers being buildable in the Euphrates. These issues are solved, currently under internal testing, for next public patch, to be released soon

- a difficult to reproduce and apparently random bug that sometimes makes river ships unmovable in their river. This is now in magister Pocus hands, waiting for his expertise :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Highlandcharge

Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:26 pm

My bad, I speed read the post and jumped the gun, good to know they are only minor bugs.. one more question though, if I started a game with 1.03a would it be ok to to upgrade to 1.03b beta and carry on?

Thanks

Franciscus

Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:06 pm

Highlandcharge wrote:My bad, I speed read the post and jumped the gun, good to know they are only minor bugs.. one more question though, if I started a game with 1.03a would it be ok to to upgrade to 1.03b beta and carry on?

Thanks

Hi.

Yes, games started in 1.03a can be continued in 1.03b.

As to the bug in river ship movement, master Pocus has solved it ! :thumbsup: . We will make today a beta patch 1.03c (you can grab it soon in the beta forum. Highland ;) ) that I intend to make public in a couple of days (and yes, it will be compatible with games started in 1.03a or b :) )

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Highlandcharge

Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:47 pm

Cool thanks, I already have 2 installs of AJE, time for a third for the beta :)

LUDOPEREZ
Major

Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:41 pm

Hi Franciscus , i think that I found another little bug.

Playing Severus Scenary as persian's player the refoircement option to buy a Scitian cavalry its not fine.
In Marco Antonio Scenary works fine .
Please check it.
Thanks

bob.
General

Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Doesn't seem to work in the Traianus scenario either.

Franciscus

Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:29 pm

Will check it.

can any of you provide a saved game (plus script reports) when you notice this option does not work ?

Sorry for the inconvenience... :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bob.
General

Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:38 pm

I just started a new game of Trajan's Conquest and in the first turn you should already be able to buy it but it doesn't work.

If you still need a save (in that case that would just be of the very first turn) I can of course upload it, but I think this should be easily reproduceable?

No worries by the way, you did a great job with this new expansion like you did with the rest of AJE and I sincerely hope you have good sales (yes.. a small reason might be that I want new expansions:thumbsup :) .

Franciscus

Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:21 pm

Parthian Scythian cav mercs option fixed for Traianus and Severus scenario. Will be in next patch

Thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LUDOPEREZ
Major

Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:58 am

Franciscus wrote:Parthian Scythian cav mercs option fixed for Traianus and Severus scenario. Will be in next patch

Thanks

Good News , :coeurs: :thumbsup:

LUDOPEREZ
Major

Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi , i'm here again.

I found a little graphics error.
In Severus Scenary in the objetive list of both sides Hierosolyma isn't a objetive list, but in the map is marked with a star as if it were.

picaron

Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:54 pm

LUDOPEREZ wrote:Hi , i'm here again.

I found a little graphics error.
In Severus Scenary in the objetive list of both sides Hierosolyma isn't a objetive list, but in the map is marked with a star as if it were.

No es un error, es una ciudad estratégica que puede dar Puntos de Victoria, a veces coincide con las ciudades objetivos pero no necesariamente. :thumbsup:

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

LUDOPEREZ
Major

Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:00 pm

picaron wrote:No es un error, es una ciudad estratégica que puede dar Puntos de Victoria, a veces coincide con las ciudades objetivos pero no necesariamente. :thumbsup:

:wavey:

Gracias por la aclaracion Picaron, no lo sabia. :neener:

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”