bob.
General

Parthian Wars on Matrix

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:34 pm

So, the expansion is already listed on the Matrix site:
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/513/details/Alea.Jacta.Est-.Parthian.Wars

So, one thing I find interesting
Technology over time the technologies available will be upgraded using the event system.

I suppose something similar has already been in the 1st Punic War Scenario with the Roman ships but I wonder what it will be used for here?

Also, can the devs say how long the scenarios are? There are only the start dates listed on the site :D

Franciscus

Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:38 pm

Hi

Scenarios' length in PAR expansion range from 36 turns to 58 turns.

Regards

Agesilaus
Corporal

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:39 am

Where is the buy button?!?

*stuffs credit card into cd-drive*

bob.
General

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:15 am

Franciscus wrote:Hi

Scenarios' length in PAR expansion range from 36 turns to 58 turns.

Regards

Sounds nice.

I just really hope you managed to find a way to simulate the Persian cavalry advantage allowing them to attack with pretty much no chance of retaliation from the Romans.

Where is the buy button?!?

Release is on October 24th.. way too long off if you ask me.

Searry
Colonel

Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:09 pm

Any info about pricing? This looks very interesting, but please, remember to patch RoP Gold!

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:16 pm

This looks very interesting, and I'm especially pleased that Antony's attempted invasion is included. I'm guessing that the emperor Julian's invasion of Persia isn't included because late Roman armies didn't use the same military system.

I hope the producers are going to take this opportunity to fix some of the really embarassing geographical errors. Off the top of my head there are serious problems in Greece and the southern Balkans, but I know there are other problems elsewhere. Information for this is readily available online, but I would recommend Kromeyer-Veith and the maps in the back of the Loeb edition of Strabo (and the text of Strabo will clarify any questions about what was where, what was a village as opposed to a city, and is completely contemporary with AJE).

Bruit Bleu

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:22 pm

Are there 3-players scenarios in this Pathian Wars expansion ?
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

Franciscus

Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:15 pm

Some answers:

- AFAIK price has not been decided yet

- We are trying hard to find a good balance between Roman legions and Parthian cav (specially horse archers); some changes will even, we hope, benefit the gameplay of all other AJE/BOR scenarios

- Unfortunately no major map changes are planned; some minor icon corrections and some corrections to regions links are to be included in the upcoming 1.03 patch

- PAR expansion will only feature 2-player scenarios, although with a multitude of other factions and subfactions

Regards

Starsky
Private

Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:14 am

After checking out the new expansion presentation, I was wondering if I would be able to play the parthian wars even if I only have BOR for now. Is it enough?

PhilThib

Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:51 am

If BOR is correctly patched, it could work, but for safety reasons I would advise you acquiring AJE (it's a great game anyway)

LUDOPEREZ
Major

Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:54 am

I can't buy the game in ageod page.
Isn't today the release day ?

LUDOPEREZ
Major

Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:38 pm

The link for buy the game now appears.
I just bougth the play :thumbsup:

Random
AGEod Veteran

Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:50 pm

Congratulation on the release, I hope that the title sells well. This is high on my must own list but to be honest, I was disappointed to see yet another stand-alone full version of AJE rather than DLC added on to the original or BOR. So while Parthian Wars is still a "Must Have" for me, unfortunately buying "Must Wait".

-C

bob.
General

Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:56 pm

You should be happy to know that this IS in fact a DLC for Alea Jacta Est and not a stand alone game :thumbsup:

This means that the download is only 70 MB (I am not quite sure why you would be bothered by it being stand-alone, so I suppose download size is an issue here?)

It's also a bit cheaper than BOR was while it has the same number of scenarios. Although, they quite a lot shorter than BOR was and it's also only Rome and Parthia, so I don't think BOR was more expensive just because it was standalone.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:06 pm

The separate BOR game was a very good offer, because it allowed potential buyers to just by BOR, without first buying AJE.

Strangely enough, some people, like Random, didn't understand this, and starting to protest loudly.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:21 pm

Erik Springelkamp wrote:The separate BOR game was a very good offer, because it allowed potential buyers to just by BOR, without first buying AJE.

Strangely enough, some people, like Random, didn't understand this, and starting to protest loudly.

Thank you for the nasty little piece of snark. As a loyal AGEOD customer it's certainly appreciated.

Actually I missed the prerequisite ownership of AJE requirement in the product page and there is no protest. There's been enough toxic pricing and marketing demand threads over at Matrix. I will buy AJE-PW at market price, which is evidence that the policy viz a viz this buyer is sound. That I cannot do so today is evidence of precisely nothing at all other than fixed income + unplanned major expenses = games get pushed down the purchase queue.

So, @ bob. Thank you for the correction.

-C

Ironclad61
Major

Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:12 am

Dont worry Erik, i explain it to you.

I preorder AJE and when i do it i know that AGEOD plan was release AJE as base game that you need to have next scens as DLCs, then appear BOR as independent game with full game price... AGEOD change mind and many people feel cheated (i know more people that dont buy BOR for this) what i do??? i dont buy it and i only plan buy it with discount for a price similar to the actual partian DLC.

Other dislike point is that you have 2 full instalations of same game that need 2 patches.

I buy all AGEOD games (except first BIA and PON) until the BOR release and now i take my time to buy AGEOD game, no more preorders or instant buys.

Emx77

Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:28 am

Ironclad61 wrote:
Other dislike point is that you have 2 full instalations of same game that need 2 patches.

I totally agree with this. Ageod should at least provide option for those who preordered/bought AJE to install BOR scenarios as additional DLC and not as additional installation. I'm running low on disk space and having basically two installations of same game is something undesirable.

PhilThib

Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:54 am

We understand some players love to have BOR only, while other would love to have the BOR scenarios as part of their AJE install. It is difficult to satisfy all of needs and desires. Whether BOR was a standalone or nto does not change the AJE development policy or pricing policy, so there is not need to feel "cheated" here :love:

I will speak with the AJE team and see if they can supply a version of BOR that would be installing it as a 'Expansion' on a pre-existing AJE purchase, so that all options could thus be satisfied...and may be the other way round too, a version of AJE that would install on a previously purchased BOR game...will see if possible with the guys

Emx77

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:01 am

PhilThib wrote:I will speak with the AJE team and see if they can supply a version of BOR that would be installing it as a 'Expansion' on a pre-existing AJE purchase, so that all options could thus be satisfied...and may be the other way round too, a version of AJE that would install on a previously purchased BOR game...will see if possible with the guys

Either option would be fine. Thank you Phil.

Ironclad61
Major

Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:00 pm

Well, i ask in other thread about this, if is possible release a DLC version of BOR (after see patian DLC price with DLC price) and give this DLC file (with a discount if BOR DLC appear with DLC price) to guys that buy BOR as stand alone game.

O i dont see true in my previous post, i buy a recent title from AGEOD in release day, i buy España 1936 50% for the war covered and 50% to support the ex-mod creator :)

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:37 pm

You people don't want me to save for my retirement, do you. ;)

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”