wryun
Sergeant

Overall victory determination is really annoying

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:14 am

Just played a game as Vitellius, ending up on ~2000VP (vs. Vespasian on 1200VP). Controlled all my objectives except Carthage and Colonia Agrippina. 139NM vs 60NM.

However, when the final podium was displayed Vespasian was on top, 679 to 677, even though I was still awarded a minor victory (?). How is this calculated again?

I think I'd prefer that this victory screen simply didn't exist for all the good it does...

Hobbes

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:39 am

I just had the opposite of this in a different scenario. I suffered a minor defeat but was top of the podium. I assumed that the podium position showed that I was the most powerful force at the end but had not done quite enough throughout the game to gain victory (is this correct - it does seem a bit confusing).

PJJ
Captain

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:41 pm

I'm a bit confused about the role played by the city of Rome in the Year of the Four Emperors scenario. It doesn't seem to be all that important to hold it when the victory points are calculated at the end.

A couple of days ago I finished the scenario as the Otho faction and managed to keep Rome from beginning to end, along with all the other Italian victory locations. I doubt I could have done much better with the limited forces Otho has at his disposal, but Vespasianus still won the game in points, even though his forces never came closer to Rome than the borders of northern Italy. The Vitellius faction was almost wiped out by my armies, the barbarians and Vespasianus, so he didn't matter in the final score.

So I just pretended I had actually won the civil war and there was no Flavian dynasty of emperors. :)

Bohémond

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:27 pm

For now the Game has no different victory criteria depending on wich side you play. The only criteria is NM. But the victory podium is quite confusing too as it's based on a VP calculation.

We understand that owning Italia as Otho at the end of the scenario is a victory but it's not reflected ingame.

Regards
Marco, perché vai così forte in salita?» «Per abbreviare la mia agonia.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”