Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

BOR: A question about Legions

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:46 pm

I have lost a legion but there is no replacement coming up, why not? it was Rome's strength from the very beginning, they could always replace lost legions no matter how bad they had lost.
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

Franciscus

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:02 pm

If you lost an entire legion you will have to build a new one (military recruitment, eagle statue)

Regards

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:57 am

I have checked the military recruitment but saw nothing, only the garrison units.

BTW it was in the gallic campaign and without the beta patch/quickfix.
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

Florent

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:26 am

A legion or Alae ? I had a disaster in the First Punic War with 2 Alae destroyed but only one was rebuildable and it was a bug. Don't know if it was corrected as the destruction of legions is rare.

Franciscus

Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:30 pm

Elaborating further, the forcepool for SPQ legions is 4 - so you will only have a recruitable legion if you go below this level - meaning, if you have only the 2 consular armies and loose one legion, next turn a new one will be available. You will always be able to have minimum 4 legions, if you have resources. But if you have more than 4 legions (ex: the ones that come with a dictator), those above 4 will never be replaceable.

Clear ?

As to the Alae, thanks for reminding, Florent, will be corrected, it is not yet

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”