pantsukki
Brigadier General

4 Emperors scenario, which units count against the Parthians?

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:03 pm

I assumed that they would, but after moving the Oriens Army stack to Judea, I'm warned that the Parthians might attack. Is this WAD?

Bohémond

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:10 pm

Yes WAD only romans Regular Force (Elite, Infantry, Cavalry) counts.

Regards

Cfant
Lieutenant

Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:15 pm

Maybe it's the german translation, but I have no idea, where some of the provinces are. So I had to put 50 elements in only two provinces...

However, another question to that scenario. As Vespasian, you try to unlock the danube legions. But you need 110 moral for that. Political decisions only give you up to 85 moral. So how to get the rest? With social decisions? (These don't work on my computer, so I can't try)? Or is there an other "secret"?

Cetus
Conscript

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:29 pm

Cfant wrote:Maybe it's the german translation, but I have no idea, where some of the provinces are. So I had to put 50 elements in only two provinces...

However, another question to that scenario. As Vespasian, you try to unlock the danube legions. But you need 110 moral for that. Political decisions only give you up to 85 moral. So how to get the rest? With social decisions? (These don't work on my computer, so I can't try)? Or is there an other "secret"?

I reached the 110 NM level by assassinating Macer, as well with some large victories over the Judeans including the conquest of Jerusalem. Various regions came over to my side, which also helped. Having the three Danube legions is a great asset.

lycortas2
Captain

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:10 pm

Especially since historically Vespasian did not defeat Vitellius, Primus did. Or Cerialis.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:10 pm

Bohémond wrote:Yes WAD only romans Regular Force (Elite, Infantry, Cavalry) counts.

Regards

Wondering about this again, what exactly are Roman regular infantry units? That is, do auxilia and/or archer units count for the Parthian check? All types of cavalry? How about the small garrison units that have one or two cohorts (can't recall the name) ?

Bohémond

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:08 am

Auxilia/archer does not count.

Only Cavalry elements (not Elephants or Chariots)

Vex. units count as they are made of infantry elements.

Regards
Marco, perché vai così forte in salita?» «Per abbreviare la mia agonia.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:40 am

Bohémond wrote:Auxilia/archer does not count.

Only Cavalry elements (not Elephants or Chariots)

Vex. units count as they are made of infantry elements.

Regards

Thank you for the clarification. By the small garrison units I actually meant the "Castra Receptaculum" units that have a few legionaires.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”