Cfant
Lieutenant

No more preorder-download?

Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:01 pm

I'd like to preorder and download the game to get the Sparatacus-Scenario, but can't find the download? Am I blind or too late? :wacko:

PhilThib

Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:05 pm

Download preorders are not available since 2 days. But the game will be officially released tonight at 12:00 PM

Cfant
Lieutenant

Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Thank you for the quick answer. But have I "lost" Spartacus? What shall I do with the 6000 crosses I already ordered? ;)

Sathariel
Conscript

Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:14 am

Cfant wrote:Thank you for the quick answer. But have I "lost" Spartacus? What shall I do with the 6000 crosses I already ordered? ;)

Just wait for Christians to appear.

nonomlg
Civilian

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:01 pm

I have also ordered the pre-order version and I am also surprised that the link was removed. Moreover, I have been searching for long minutes to find out the released version since Saturday at midnight and I am still wandering... If I was upset (and I am not far from being) I would say that it is not very professionnal. I have been an AGEOD's customer since the release of Birth of America and it is the 2nd time that I am disappointed by AGEOD (the 1st time was when I bought WWI which was almost unplayable).

PhilThib

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:50 pm

Something I miss here is why you have not downloaded the pre-order version when you got it? Why wait so long? :confused:

We indeed removed the pre-order version when the game become official, which was logical to avoid any confusion. Now, if you need the game, no problem: send me an email at pthibaut@ageod.com with your original order number and I'll give you an operational download link by return :cool:

parasxos
Conscript

Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:29 pm

so our bought game (the preorder one ) is not kept in ageod site and we have to send you mail each time we might need to reinstall.... :confused:

Ebbingford

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:37 pm

parasxos wrote:so our bought game (the preorder one ) is not kept in ageod site and we have to send you mail each time we might need to reinstall.... :confused:

Why not just burn it onto a DVD once you have downloaded it?

Stuie
Conscript

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:29 pm

Ebbingford wrote:Why not just burn it onto a DVD once you have downloaded it?

Why should I have to? Gamersgate, Steam, Gamefly... most services allow you to download whenever. Why should I need to email or burn dvds or any of that? I'm hoping that if the Steam thing works our we can transfer our pre-order keys there so as to avoid future hassle.

parasxos
Conscript

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:56 am

I want to believe that things are not yet fully organized on the AGEOD site and soon we will have a permanent pre-order version on their servers to download when ever we please.

PhilThib

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:28 am

This creates for us a lot of added complexity. Remember we are just a very small company...for sure not Steam

Pocus

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:11 am

parasxos wrote:so our bought game (the preorder one ) is not kept in ageod site and we have to send you mail each time we might need to reinstall.... :confused:

This might be true. If you don't keep a digital or physical copy around, you may have to mail one of us to get a link back. On the other hand, if you get a serious issue that the technical forum can't help you with, then you can also mail us and a live person will answer you! Is this not beautiful? :)

Seriously, small company here... Steam marketing department itself must be ten time the full size of Ageod...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

parasxos
Conscript

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:48 pm

Pocus wrote:This might be true. If you don't keep a digital or physical copy around, you may have to mail one of us to get a link back. On the other hand, if you get a serious issue that the technical forum can't help you with, then you can also mail us and a live person will answer you! Is this not beautiful? :)

Seriously, small company here... Steam marketing department itself must be ten time the full size of Ageod...

Ok honestly if i get support and cloud services by the masters themselves i feel honored and i accept it :winner: my respect to AGEOD may you prosper and become big. :)

caranorn

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Pocus wrote:This might be true. If you don't keep a digital or physical copy around, you may have to mail one of us to get a link back. On the other hand, if you get a serious issue that the technical forum can't help you with, then you can also mail us and a live person will answer you! Is this not beautiful? :)

Yep, that's one of the great things about Ageod, human contact with people who actually spent a lot of work to create these games. Sometimes going through emails might seem slow. But consider this, even years after a game has been published you can send a message to one of the Phils and get a new download link, your original activation keys etc. Often even if you bought the game via a different outlet (as long as your pucrchase can be verified). To me this customer service (somehow seems wrong to call it that as it goes well beyond the norm) is outstanding...

P.S.: To be fair I was recently surprised by customer service at Matrix where I was helped to recuperate activation keys I'd thought irredemably lost...

P.P.S.: Not just posting this because I'm part of the team (now that I think about it, I was also a beta at Matrix, but again not posting as a team member there either), but my honest appreciation...
Marc aka Caran...

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”