AndreasK

I have been waiting for this!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Wow, finally one of AGEOD's games taking place in antiquity! Ever since Great Invasions, I have been waiting for this. And during ancient Rome, even better as my favourite period.

Purchased it today (Praetor version) and had a look. It looks super! Just waiting until 19th of September so that I can start playing it.

(Guess that it will be easy to add new scenarios as DLC as well, e.g., Octavianus versus Marcus Antonius).

Please just always keep the Latin names, never to make them English (i.e., Octavianus, not Octavian, Marcus Antonius, not Marc Antony, Pompeius, not Pompey). EDIT: I saw now that you in-game apply the Latin names, hooray! Keep it that way! (I'd like the decriptions to contain Latin versions as well but can live with the English, as long as it results in a professional translation, but ideally use Latin names there too, don't give in to the Americans).

Many thanks!

ess1
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:04 pm

Give in to the Yanks! I say old chap they would not do that surely?
;)

AndreasK

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:12 pm

I would certainly not hope so. After all, Marc Antony is a Latin-American artist who used to be married to Jennifer Lopez, right? Not a Roman general married to Cleopatra, an Egyptian queen... I guess (or at least hope) that comparison settles it... :)

ess1
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:21 pm

:mdr:

Pocus

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:55 am

where Cleopatra is said to have a big nose, it is said the JLo is said to have a big ... ;)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

koningtiger
Lieutenant

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:46 am

ASSSSSSS!!!!

Hehe, But what AndreasK is true, i dont like at all when i see that names in english, and i think in te singer too when i read MA.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”