PhilThib

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:59 pm

Upon the Pre-Order launch, on Saturday :cool:

Zap Brannigan

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:06 pm

Great news ;) - I haven't been following this very closely as I didn't think it was this near - count me in

Person of Interest

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:12 pm

I'm all over this like hair on a gorilla! The game looks beautiful! Can't wait for the Second Punic War and the Gallic War. Speaking of which, about how soon will the first add-on be released? Are you guys aiming for about 3 or 4 a year or there abouts?

gchristie
Brigadier General

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Very thoughtful of you chaps to release this on a certain person's birthday :wavey:

the_dovlets
Private

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:33 pm

This is one of the most beautiful maps I saw in a wargame! :) I am looking forward to the release

Pocus

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:35 am

PhilThib wrote:Nope, not in this engine :blink:

sorry to contradict you, but you can hotseat (i.e switching seat with a buddy), before the same computer... :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

koningtiger
Lieutenant

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:57 am

Pocus, i think Phil is getting old... :)

PhilThib

Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:58 pm

I am old, despite my young shiny avatar :p apy:

vonRocko
Colonel

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:27 pm

PhilThib wrote:I am old, despite my young shiny avatar :p apy:

And what a handsome avatar it is! ;)

yellow ribbon

Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:01 pm

vonRocko wrote:And what a handsome avatar it is! ;)

yeah, isnt it... think about all the other avatars, they will make talk behind his back and argue whether he lost some weight either....
well, i think a white bed sheet will be the new trend this fall :8o:
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

PhilThib

Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:14 pm

vonRocko wrote:And what a handsome avatar it is! ;)

The usual great quality work of PANGI :love: :thumbsup:

gekkoguy82
Major

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:13 pm

I believe that a similarly drawn portrait of Scrat, for Pocus to use, is in order. :)

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:46 pm

PhilThib wrote:I am old, despite my young shiny avatar :p apy:

Nobody who can create like you can is ever old.

gchristie
Brigadier General

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:49 am

A bit off topic, but as I'm both looking forward to buying this game and my knowledge of Rome and her civil wars is nil, I'm wondering if folks could recommend their favorite book on the period. I wouldn't have time to read a very long work, so recommendations of something reasonably brief would be much appreciated.

Gratias ago vos adeo :hat:

koningtiger
Lieutenant

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:49 am

Masters of Rome series of Colleen McCullough, From Jurguntine War of Mario until the Principate. It covers Sila civil war, Caesas vs Pompey, Sertorius, Octavian vs Marco Antonio, Mithridates, etc.. etc... All of the game except year of 4 Emperors i think. And its very good. The writer is in love with Caesar but you can live with that. :)

But they are long, 7 books i think. I have read it all but last one in 4 months.

El Nino

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:19 am

For the Year of the 4 emperors, the best for me is Tacitus with "Histories". Not very long but extremly clear and easy to read.

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:10 am

gchristie wrote:A bit off topic, but as I'm both looking forward to buying this game and my knowledge of Rome and her civil wars is nil, I'm wondering if folks could recommend their favorite book on the period. I wouldn't have time to read a very long work, so recommendations of something reasonably brief would be much appreciated.

Gratias ago vos adeo :hat:

Asterix and Obelix : its the period of the war between Cesar and Pompée :thumbsup: :laugh:

:wavey:
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:56 am

koningtiger wrote:Masters of Rome series of Colleen McCullough, From Jurguntine War of Mario until the Principate. It covers Sila civil war, Caesas vs Pompey, Sertorius, Octavian vs Marco Antonio, Mithridates, etc.. etc... All of the game except year of 4 Emperors i think. And its very good. The writer is in love with Caesar but you can live with that. :)

But they are long, 7 books i think. I have read it all but last one in 4 months.

+1, very good historical fiction.

Another excellent author is Adrian Goldsworthy, has written multiple books on ancient Rome. One focuses solely on Caesar.

dpt24
Sergeant

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:50 am

A special scenario makes this a no-brainer, three days earlier is icing on the cake, and being able to open the game earlier is both great and cruel at the same time.

V for Vegas
Corporal

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:45 am

Can we get an AJE forum?

Also, will there be more scenarios? Say a what if scenario where Constantius II didn't die and had to fight Julian the Apostate, or an Augustan scenario with Varus in Germany?

koningtiger
Lieutenant

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:01 am

I think tomorrow there will be an AJE forum.

And this is what was posted in the announce thread:

-First Expansion Pack
After the AJE release, the team developing the game has pledged to commit to its first Expansion Pack (Birth of Rome 312 to 236 BC, with many new scenarios and campaigns in the beginnings of the Republic), which will become available in a date to be announced after the game's release, the first of a series of planned expansions aimed at covering most of the Roman Empire history.

-Scenario Packs
Also, in preparation, they have various sets of Thematic Scenario Packs, each covering scenarios or campaigns in a specific theater of operation or versus a particular foe of Rome (in various stages of production now: Longuinqua Britannia, Furor Germanicus, Regnum Dacicum and Bellum Parthicum, planned to be released in sequence over 2012 and 2013)

-Modders Scenario Packs
Also, the team would love that some key beta and players have their say in producing original scenarios of their own choosing…the Roman era is large and long enough for this. The game Databases will be available shortly after release to help the volunteers…

Sure Varus will be in the furor germanicus pack, hehe.

PhilThib

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:09 am

dpt24 wrote:... being able to open the game earlier is both great and cruel at the same time.

This is Rome! :turc:

AbeBaby
Conscript

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:37 am

PhilThib wrote:Yes, this is an excellent price. Because the team also promised up more developement in the coming months, we did not want to look like milking customers :w00t:

Okay please don't take this the wrong way, I am genuinely curious.

I see on the website three versions,

Because the site is not in my native English, I think maybe the Google Chrome translator mess the translation up and place the comma in the wrong location, yes? Should maybe be

Or are you really trying to sell a version at the "excellent" price of 250.00€

Bohémond

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:03 am

AbeBaby wrote:Okay please don't take this the wrong way, I am genuinely curious.

I see on the website three versions,

Because the site is not in my native English, I think maybe the Google Chrome translator mess the translation up and place the comma in the wrong location, yes? Should maybe be

Or are you really trying to sell a version at the "excellent" price of 250.00€

You can see what is included in each version Package at http://www.ageod.com/en/ on MoreInfo Notes.

Praetor and Proconsul version are kind of ''support AJE'' version.

Regards

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:32 am

Well, got approval from Domina to visit the moneylender and took the plunge. Most of what I know of the period (which is not a lot) comes from Tom Holland's Rubicon and the old HBO TV miniseries Rome but AJE looks far too good to pass by and am looking forward to activation.

Unfortunately cannot afford the Praetor or Proconsul editions, neat idea though and here's hoping you get lots of takers for them.

cwegsche
Lieutenant

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:54 am

Hi folks!

Just bought the game via PayPal. Now I'm missing the download link, when I look in the webshop there' none and got nothing sent by email too but the paypal-message that payment was approved ... Is the download link an password available first on 19th September? Or where I have to go to get it?

Greets Christian

Pocus

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:18 am

Ordering trouble will soon be addressed (a few hours at most) by the team, it is just morning in France and some of us already slept late...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Bertram

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:12 am

The download link is a bit hidden - click on the name of the game in the order status (log in on AGEOD.com, orders in the left upper corner, select the AJE one, click on the game name under "product"). Download for me went pretty fast (< 2 minutes).

The order sequence broke down after I hit the pay button on paypal - IE crashed, with a rather long error message (copied it if needed). But I got mails form both paypal and Agreod, and could download.

cwegsche
Lieutenant

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:36 am

Bertram wrote:The download link is a bit hidden - click on the name of the game in the order status (log in on AGEOD.com, orders in the left upper corner, select the AJE one, click on the game name under "product"). Download for me went pretty fast (< 2 minutes).

The order sequence broke down after I hit the pay button on paypal - IE crashed, with a rather long error message (copied it if needed). But I got mails form both paypal and Agreod, and could download.

Yeah I got a mail from paypal too, but none from AGEOD ... order sequence broke down for me too, but got a paypal message that the payment was done properly ... but no download link at ageod.com (as you described it) and no mail regarding the purchase from AGEOD so far ...

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:52 am

hello ! j'ai le code d'activation mais je suis obligé de retelecharger le jeu sur "mes commandes" parceque la premiere fois, il me disait que mon code était invalide.
ou est ce que j'attends le telechargement par mon courrier ?

j'ai eu des problemes ce matin avec des telechargements très très long et incomplets.

je suis en train de le télécharger et çà va prendre 50 mn au bas mot !

:p leure:
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”