caranorn

Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:10 am

Note, the three variants for sale (and I fully understand what they mean) just put me off from buying AJE at this time. I have no problem with supporting a team by paying more for the product. But I find it nonsensical to add paying supporters' names to the credit list as if they'd taken part in the design or testing. Actually I don't need being given any credit whatsoever for just financial support...

I expect I'll be buying the game sometime in the future, but right now I'm rather offended by these gimics...
Marc aka Caran...

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:20 am

OK you ouh çà y est !!!
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

PhilThib

Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:23 am

caranorn wrote:Note, the three variants for sale (and I fully understand what they mean) just put me off from buying AJE at this time. I have no problem with supporting a team by paying more for the product. But I find it nonsensical to add paying supporters' names to the credit list as if they'd taken part in the design or testing. Actually I don't need being given any credit whatsoever for just financial support...

I expect I'll be buying the game sometime in the future, but right now I'm rather offended by these gimics...

These are not gimmicks....a lot of companies outside France have the possibility to receive "Donations" or ask for them....in our country this is not the case, so we decided that people who wanted to support us and could not have the means to use what the rest of the world is allowed to do should get another way to do so...

In addition the client receives the game in physical version (free postage) in one or two copies, the first game's expansion (which price will be about the same as the game), and quite a few other things that have really a "value" :cool:

And nobody forces customers to buy those versions. They have the basic version at a very reasonable price :thumbsup:

Last but not least, this is common practice in the outside world: have a look at a very famous and popular website / company named Kickstarter for instance

cwegsche
Lieutenant

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:07 am

cwegsche wrote:Yeah I got a mail from paypal too, but none from AGEOD ... order sequence broke down for me too, but got a paypal message that the payment was done properly ... but no download link at ageod.com (as you described it) and no mail regarding the purchase from AGEOD so far ...

Thx AGEOD-Team for the fast help via Support Center. Download is working and I can't wait till it's finished (unfortunately it's quite slow)!

Thx a lot AGEOD for this hopefully marvellous game!

beuckelssen

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:14 pm

I´m also Spartacus! (preorder done)

The game really deserves it. :coeurs:

Respenus

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:44 pm

Ah, good to see Ageod offering its fans the ability to support it further (I got an email last year from whoever takes care of transactions for them, that I bought several copies of VGN and they wanted to make sure I did not make a mistake). With the Proconsul a little too rich for my blood (and my bank account), the Praetor version fits in nicely. Can't wait to play the game.

Xaloc
General of the Army

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:30 pm

preorder done for me too! it looks like the game will be superb! :thumbsup:

gekkoguy82
Major

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:42 pm

I think the other ways of supporting Ageod are really great ideas! I wish I could have purchased one of other versions to help the Ageod gang out, but it's just not in the financial cards right now :crying: I am in for the base version pre-order though!

runyan99

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:06 pm

Greetings. I have been away for some time, but I think I shall return to play AJE. Now I just need to decide which version to order...

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:18 pm

You know, I think the price of the basic version is too low. It should cost at least ten dollars more. That would still be a low price for a new game, these days.

Franciscus

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:33 pm

runyan99 wrote:Greetings. I have been away for some time, but I think I shall return to play AJE. Now I just need to decide which version to order...

A great day, indeed ! Pre-order open for AJE and runyan99 is back !! :w00t:

Welcome back, runyan. Hope all is well with you !

Quirk
Lieutenant

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:36 pm

Maybe this is no the right thread, but I just saw that it is only possible to pre-order the game via paypal. I bought all other games via normal credit card. Have the terms been changed or do I miss something?

vonRocko
Colonel

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:13 pm

The game looks great and seems to run smooth for me! Thanks everyone involved. :thumbsup:
But looking at it and not being able to hit the turn button is killing me! :wacko:
What a tease.

Kensai

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:56 pm

I for one salute Bertram, the first Praetor of AJE! :hat:
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

gchristie
Brigadier General

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Just downloaded the pre-order and ordered a copy of Adrian Goldworthy's "Caesar's Civil War" to get me up to speed on the period.

Thank you AGEOD for what looks like another stellar game.

Regards.

Kensai

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:11 pm

AbeBaby wrote:Or are you really trying to sell a version at the "excellent" price of 250.00€

I like this approach. There is a basic version for everyone and a more-cool-stuff-inside (customizations, etc) for the collectors and benefactors of the AJE project. I don't expect many persons to be Proconsuls, this is absolutely normal, but the few that are should be treated with respect and admiration by the rest of us as their extra €s help the devs go the extra mile with the stellar support AGEOD already provides.

Win-win situation for me! :cool:
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

PhilThib

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:21 pm

In the first hours, we all ready have 2 Proconsuls and 5 Praetors... almost like the historical Roman Republic :love:

yellow ribbon

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:27 pm

PhilThib wrote:In the first hours, we all ready have 2 Proconsuls and 5 Praetors... almost like the historical Roman Republic :love:

oh, i actually wait for the first dictator, buying titles... muahahaha... (glad that people jump on your train)
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:39 pm

Will not take my password and is not sending a new password, despite my attempting to use the "forgotten password" procedure. Very frustrating. I hope I will get the email with the new password soon.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:48 pm

I got a bad message when using paypal - then the just enter CC option where you do not log in to paypal. I'm afraid to try it again for fear of being double charged. My shopping cart is empty now, after my first try....

I'll try again.

Please refer to logs:
PayPal response:
TIMESTAMP -> 2012-08-25T17:53:41Z
L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10736
L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address Invalid City State Postal Code
L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> A match of the Shipping Address City, State, and Postal Code failed.
L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Which is wrong because I know my address and have used this card before. I have bought things off this website before with this card, even.

Bison
Conscript

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:57 pm

Gilmer

Check your email that is linked to your account. The same thing happened to me, but when I checked my email the purchase was completed. I received my key and its link in my account information on the site here. Thankfully I did that before I attempted to pre-order again.

This is an issue that the good folks at Ageod may want to check into.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:00 pm

vaalen wrote:Will not take my password and is not sending a new password, despite my attempting to use the "forgotten password" procedure. Very frustrating. I hope I will get the email with the new password soon.

All is well.The confirmation email did arrive, but in the junk folder. Downloading now.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:06 pm

Bison wrote:Gilmer

Check your email that is linked to your account. The same thing happened to me, but when I checked my email the purchase was completed. I received my key and its link in my account information on the site here. Thankfully I did that before I attempted to pre-order again.

This is an issue that the good folks at Ageod may want to check into.

I have been checking my email. No confirmations.

Ashbery76
Sergeant

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:14 pm

I think the £20 is looking the most likely. :wacko:

cwegsche
Lieutenant

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:15 pm

H Gilmer3 wrote:I have been checking my email. No confirmations.

The important thing is check you AGEOD Shop account if there is an order posted. I think if it's there then the confirmation will come and you can send a message to AGEOD support in the bottom of your screen when you've opened the order. If there is no order, well then no purchase has been made I think. If you are unsure contact AGEOD if there's an order for you pending somewhere ...

turenne08
Corporal

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:21 pm

I am in the same boat as H Gilmer3. I did however try to use the Bill Me later option in Paypal. Would that make a difference?

I did send an email to customer support.

Unfortunately after waiting an hour I did also try to buy it through Vad? and for some reason that too said my payment was refused. The card I tried to use is fine I checked it before and after trying to buy.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:25 pm

Yes, I have no current orders. I might have to wait until it comes out on Gamersgate.

cwegsche
Lieutenant

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:29 pm

H Gilmer3 wrote:Yes, I have no current orders. I might have to wait until it comes out on Gamersgate.

Hmm strage ... I also had the error message when finishing my payment at paypal, but hitting the go back-button showed me payment accomplished. The order was also posted at AGEOD-shop. I got a confirmation email from paypal too, but had to wait until I got one from AGEOD with the download link and password, what took a while but in the end everything worked.

If you have paypal accounts you could also look if an order is being processed there ...

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:48 am

After looking at the installed game, and being unable to play it, I am appalled by the mental anguish and suffering this has called. Perhaps the guys at Ageod are true Romans, after all. September nineteenth seems so far away.

But I really like the special touches that have been done to give the legions their historical characteristics. I was overjoyed to look at the tenth legion and see how awesome it was in comparison to other legions. Now if only I could use it. Hail, Ageod!

Pocus

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:08 am

H Gilmer3 wrote:Yes, I have no current orders. I might have to wait until it comes out on Gamersgate.

no don't do that, you should contact us by PM or mail instead so we solve your problem!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”