GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Fri May 11, 2012 3:02 pm

PhilThib wrote:Longest campaign is 10 years right now (120 turns!)

In the future, will there be campaigns that are even longer? For example Hannibals campaign lasted over 20 years right?

PhilThib

Fri May 11, 2012 3:28 pm

Second Punic War was 218 BC to 202 BC....First Punic War was over 20 years...I think the team planned stuff like that...this has just to be thoroughly playtested as it makes for very very long games :)

Florent

Fri May 11, 2012 4:10 pm

Any news about playtest and expected release ?

Aphrodite Mae

Sat May 12, 2012 1:16 am

gekkoguy82 wrote:Really excited to see how this game shakes out. One tiny insignificant detail that I LOVE is there: the clock in the upper right. I'm glad y'all have kept it from recent games :) Silly, I know, but some times its just the little things that get me. That and the whole premise of the game :thumbsup:

I don't think that an appreciation for the artistry of game details is silly, at all! The small details in Pride of Nations give the game such richness, and even beauty. There's even humor to be found in some of the small details. (Have you ever noticed that when your 19th century Europeans begin exploring Africa, the natives ARE restless? Back and forth! Back and forth! ...What are they doing?! I don't know, but when "the natives are restless, tonight", it always makes me kinda nervous...)

I believe that the love and attention that goes into including "small details" is one of the distinguishing features of AGEod games that give the company its well deserved reputation of excellence. I have no doubt that AJE will continue this wonderful tradition. When you combine AGEod excellence with the "coolness factor" of a game set in classical antiquity and then add the refinement of "small details"...?

I can't wait. Oh, it's going to be epic! :coeurs:

Aphrodite Mae

PS Speaking of small details...
@ Any PoN expert: how and where do I send "electrical parts" to fix that street light in the upper left corner of the screen? I think it has a short circuit... ;)

yellow ribbon

Sat May 12, 2012 11:59 am

but my queen... these natives love the shiny things... you fix it and they will take it out again. its gas driven anyway, and this gas comes from processing coal mainly.

for the back and forth, do you know the movie ZULU...
normally they just make a special breathing technique to stay calm...but when the Europeans start to sing, its just too much for them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrZbUS0MaY4 (soryy for the external link, will delete it if wished)

however

I ponder if the Germans will start to finger ones beards...maybe of the later decadent Romans
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Florent

Tue May 15, 2012 1:46 pm

"The eagles are used as as 'generic' graphics to tell the player there is a Legion there"

What does it mean ? A click and a legion is separated in Ad-hoc/Kampfgruppe groups ? The legion is not a basic unit meaning early Republic will have for each legion, a Velite counter, a Hastati counter, a Principes then Triari counter ?

Late Republic will have legion of 10 Cohorts with groups of 3, 3 and 4 Cohorts ?

PhilThib

Tue May 15, 2012 3:41 pm

No, you will not be allowed to split the legions...even if they are made of the correct components...it's not like in ACW/ROP......we want simpler gameplay here

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue May 15, 2012 4:01 pm

PhilThib wrote:..it's not like in ACW/ROP......we want simpler gameplay here

Yeay, I think AGE games need a new BOA-like, as calipers to other games. There will be a time to do a AJE2, using the lessons from the 1 and WiA.

Florent

Tue May 15, 2012 4:01 pm

Thus when you say Generic counter Eagle for a legion means that all the legions will be represented by Eagles rather than a figurine with a Uniform ?

I'm a little surprised, i hope that a click on the Eagle in order to have information on the legion will have also a legionnaire displayed on the informational panel showing endurance, force etc...

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed May 16, 2012 2:17 am

Florent wrote:Thus when you say Generic counter Eagle for a legion means that all the legions will be represented by Eagles rather than a figurine with a Uniform ?

I'm a little surprised, i hope that a click on the Eagle in order to have information on the legion will have also a legionnaire displayed on the informational panel showing endurance, force etc...

If I may, I think he means that the game is not finished and right now there is a legion there but they have this as a placeholder, probably with stats but nothing else? If I am wrong, then ignore this post.

PhilThib

Wed May 16, 2012 7:25 am

Florent wrote:Thus when you say Generic counter Eagle for a legion means that all the legions will be represented by Eagles rather than a figurine with a Uniform ?

No, wait to see the game: the eagle is shown in the main unit panel and on map, but when you click on the detail panel, you get the pictures of every cohorts...no problem and all the current team is ok with that :thumbsup:

Florent

Wed May 16, 2012 8:58 am

" the eagle is shown in the main unit panel and on map, but when you click on the detail panel, you get the pictures of every cohorts...no problem and all the current team is ok with that"

Ok thanks, you saved my day ! :)

Bohémond

Wed May 16, 2012 10:30 am

If you want to know more about options ;

[url=[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/optionsyf68.jpg/]Image[/url]]Image[/URL]

Solemnace
Corporal

Wed May 16, 2012 10:42 am

Awesome. That looks very cool.

Florent

Wed May 16, 2012 11:49 am

Nice !! Any Tutorials to learn rapidly the changes compared to the other games ?

A question about the Civil war in the 60's. Are the campaign in Judea and the sieges of Jerusalem and Masada represented in the scenario ?

PhilThib

Wed May 16, 2012 12:06 pm

In the "Year of Four Emperors" campaign, Jerusalem starts in revolt and besieged by Titus and Vespasian...

The changes are not major compared to other games: if you play ROP, you know 95% of what you need to know...with RUS, it's 99%...

Florent

Wed May 16, 2012 12:13 pm

Thanks.
Can you tell us some difference between legions, Phalanx, Hoplite type of soldiers which are the main components of the major belligerants of the time.

koningtiger
Lieutenant

Wed May 16, 2012 12:27 pm

Great Phil, i like it more each time i see something new. Is there a release date or something like that?

Person of Interest

Wed May 16, 2012 2:20 pm

With every new screenshot and added bit of info I find myself wanting this game more. This will be such a refreshing release.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Thu May 17, 2012 2:30 am

Person of Interest wrote:With every new screenshot and added bit of info I find myself wanting this game more. This will be such a refreshing release.

Yeah, these screenshots are whetting my appetite.

Florent

Thu May 17, 2012 8:24 am

" The naval war is directly on the map (be careful of the storms at sea during the Antiquity !!)"
" and part of the map with weather filter."

Nice to see that the best plans can be destroyed by Poseidon/Neptune.
How it works for the weather filter ?

Lafrite

Fri May 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Nice note on http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/18/the-flare-path-bog-standards/

Seven good reasons why you should be excited at the prospect of Alea Jacta Est:

And three good-ish reasons why you might want to temper that excitement:

• The 2800-region map takes in Asia Minor, and significant tracts of Russia and the Middle East.
  • The Athena engine isn’t to everyone’s taste (the army management interface can be confusing, some of its minor rules opaque)
  • If you spend all your sestertii on Alea Jact Est you might not have the cash to purchase the Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic Wars sequel that is rumoured to be in production.

PhilThib

Fri May 18, 2012 2:16 pm

Nice one :thumbsup:

Quirk
Lieutenant

Fri May 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Ah, darn. I wanted to post that :D

RPS is a very good page for PC gamers and I was kinda surprised to find an article about Alea Jacta Est. But this is definitely a good sign :)

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Ave !

And what about the music in the game ?

:p ouet: :p ouet: :thumbsup:
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

PANGI

Fri May 18, 2012 8:11 pm

FENRIS wrote:Ave !

And what about the music in the game ?

:p ouet: :p ouet: :thumbsup:

It is great! :)
ImageImage

Franciscus

Fri May 18, 2012 11:39 pm

PANGI wrote:It is great! :)

IMHO...one of the best ! :coeurs:

Aphrodite Mae

Sat May 19, 2012 7:18 am

Lafrite wrote:Nice note on http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/18/the-flare-path-bog-standards/

Seven good reasons why you should be excited at the prospect of Alea Jacta Est:

And three good-ish reasons why you might want to temper that excitement:

• The 2800-region map takes in Asia Minor, and significant tracts of Russia and the Middle East.
  • The Athena engine isn’t to everyone’s taste (the army management interface can be confusing, some of its minor rules opaque)
  • If you spend all your sestertii on Alea Jact Est you might not have the cash to purchase the Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic Wars sequel that is rumoured to be in production.

You've made some great posts in the past, Lafrite, but I think this one is my favorite! :coeurs: :mdr: :coeurs:
What a cool post! Thanks! :cool:

Havely

PS You might want to brush up on that Latin, though...

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun May 20, 2012 12:37 am

PANGI wrote:It is great! :)

Franciscus wrote:IMHO...one of the best ! :coeurs:

Does it have "darbuka" ? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clfrKJUdw-o

Jim-NC

Mon May 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Lafrite wrote:Nice note on http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/18/the-flare-path-bog-standards/

[*]The title – if memory serves – is Latin for ‘My Donkey Farts Often’.

Does this mean you get a free Donkey with the game? :dada:
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”