PhilThib

AGEOD's New Game

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi All,

It’s time we give you a bit more information about the next AGE-engine game under preparation now… :)

But don’t dream, I won’t reveal the theme….now. Let’s just call it…[color="DarkRed"]AJE[/color] :D

My first move is to let you know about some of the key concepts and decisions that are behind it, and the team working on it.

The AJE game will handle a very wide variety of scenarios and a huge time period, and has a focus on AGEOD’s initial expertise about showing strategy, operational art of war and civil wars. That already hints a lot…
Then, the production focus and philosophy of the AJE project is both simple and ambitious. This is mostly due to the fact the team is not so large and that we can’t be part of it right now, as our focus is on NCP II.

AJE will be a core game, many packs, and DLCs (including poll-based ones)

[SIZE="5"][color="DarkRed"]Core Game[/color][/size]
The first release of the game will have only a few scenarios, fully tested, focusing on one aspect of the story that we are going to tell you. But, among these, there will be at least three long full GC scenarios… as we all know that a great number of people crave this!
Also, as all AGEOD games in the past, this AJE core game will be continuously and regularly patched, even after DLC and Expansion Packs releases.

[SIZE="5"][color="DarkRed"]DLCs[/color][/size]
Already planned from start too, (and the production of the first two is started), we will have DLCs very early after release, maybe 3 months too, and then also on a regular basis. The DLCs will be different from the Expansions Packs (see below), as they will be cheaper and have a bit less content, but will give a focus on a game aspect not yet covered by the main release or the packs.

In addition, the team desires that the DLCs can be opened to player’s suggestion and polling on a “what’s next” or “what’s interesting” basis.
They have selected already 5 different “themes” for the first 5 DLC’s, but more can be debated.

[SIZE="5"][color="DarkRed"]Packs[/color][/size]
Very soon after release (may be a quarter or so), and barring major issues or complete lack of success, the team will release their “Expansion Pack number #1” (Pack1). This Pack will be the first of a series of packs (at least 6 or 7 planned) that will be published regularly, of course only if the public is interested…If all goes well, you can get a new pack every 6-9 months…and these packs will be equivalent to almost a full new game.
Packs will require of course the ownership of the first original core game.

[SIZE="5"][color="DarkRed"]The Team[/color][/size]
The original team that created AJE is made of French-speakers: experience devs, gamers, historical researchers and artists. The lead artist has already worked on four of our past games; the other guys have our games and been excellent Beta team members in the past, in addition to dedicated modders…so they know their trade! But of course they are not hundreds of them, so it takes time...

[SIZE="5"][color="DarkRed"]Next Steps[/color][/size]
In a few weeks, most likely before end of March, we shall let you know what AJE is…. Maybe you’ll get leaks and hints even before that…but don’t ask me anymore…
Soon, a private beta will also start, as that will certainly help the team make the game better and provide more input and expertise into this project.

We are all sure you’ll love this game…so stay tuned.

Philippe Thibaut
:thumbsup:

Franciscus

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:37 pm

Great news !

AJE ?? Japan ??? But civil wars ? Rome ?? :coeurs:

If you need help in beta testing, just ask ;)

Narwhal

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Jutland ! Wooootttttt ?

:confused: not Jutland ?

lugurmante
Civilian

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:43 pm

A huge time period and wide amount of scenarios sound as a superb game. But French-speakers? Is a hint? Hundred years war?

Franciscus

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:54 pm

Julius Caesar ?

Justinian ?? :D :wacko:

Carnium

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:10 pm

Great news :thumbsup:
Another potential beta tester here if you need me :D
My guess is that the time period is BEFORE World War 2 and AFTER Philip II of the Macedon :D

PhilThib

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:11 pm

Beta testing will be soon...and our vets won't be forgotten :thumbsup: :cool:

Hobbes

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:44 pm

AGEOD's Jurassic Empire? Dinosaurs packing some serious hardware?

Dixicrat
General

Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:08 pm

Carnium wrote:Great news :thumbsup:

+2!

Carnium wrote:My guess is that the time period is BEFORE World War 2 and AFTER Philip II of the Macedon :D

:mdr: Hey! I think you just might be onto something here, Carnium!! :w00t:

gchristie
Brigadier General

Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:19 pm

[SIZE="4"]AGEod's Jah Enclave. Now you can be Marcus Garvey, leading your Rasta forces as you overthrow the evil minions of Babylon and restore the Pan-African Empire to its place of greatness.[/size]

Here is a taste of the in game sound track...enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhK8nTRucZI
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Franciscus

Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:51 pm

gchristie wrote:[SIZE="4"]AGEod's Jah Enclave. Now you can be Marcus Garvey, leading your Rasta forces as you overthrow the evil minions of Babylon and restore the Pan-African Empire to its place of greatness.[/size]

Here is a taste of the in game sound track...enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhK8nTRucZI

:mdr:

And instead of War Supplies we will have GS (Ganja Supplies) :p

Franciscus

Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:10 pm

Returning to a more serious note... :love:

How will this game be released ? Will it be an independent release, via Ageod shop or will it be a Paradox distributed game ?

Carnium

Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:13 pm

Franciscus wrote:
How will this game be released ? Will it be an independent release, via Ageod shop or will it be a Paradox distributed game ?

I fear/expect the second choice as AGEOD is now Paradox France :wacko:

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:55 pm

Perhaps I'm missing the point (very frequent these days), but so far my experiences with Gamersgate have been entirely positive, and if buying another Ageod game from them will give me enough blue coins to pay for the inevitable DLC, then I'm all in favor. Gamersgate versions seem entirely compatible with the patches that appear on this website, which I gather is not the case with Steam versions.

A game set after Philip II of Macedon but before WW 2 leaves the way open for some exciting possibilities, like the Chaco War or the campaigns of Simon Bolivar. It does, unfortunately, rule out the fifth century Persian Wars and the Peloponesian War. Perhaps we will all get excited when we learn that the new game covers the unification of China under the Chin dynasty? Or maybe the wars of the Three Kingdoms after the fall of the Han Empire?

Franciscus

Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:01 pm

I have nothing against Gamersgate, on the contrary. :)

ashandresash
Captain

Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:09 pm

Wow, it seems a very serious investment you are doing in this game (4 years of releases) :thumbsup:

I think it's a Rome game, but I'm sold anyway. I love your games (maybe I arrived here a bit late, but I'm very pleased with RoP and AACW, and RUS) so I'll get this one.

PhilThib

Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:42 pm

Carnium wrote:I fear/expect the second choice as AGEOD is now Paradox France :wacko:

In all cases the game will be on AGEOD's webshop, don't worry :thumbsup: :cool:

De_Spinoza
Lieutenant

Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:44 pm

This looks very promising. :)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:20 am

As long as there is no AAJE I'm ok ! :thumbsup: but is the J upside down ? or E? not really get the hint . :mdr:

Mirandasucre
Lieutenant

Ageod forever

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:37 am

:thumbsup:

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:45 am

Waiting to know more about this is torture.

Hohenlohe

Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:46 am

Will it be available thru retail shops because I have no longer a credit card since my paypal account was caught by an outsider thru a trojan virus...I am not amused about that but paypal repaid me all. Although I am not willing to pay alike that.I hope I can get it thru GG anyway short after release or as thru a retail store here in Munich...

greetings

Hohenlohe :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

PhilThib

Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:45 am

We plan to have a wire option, so you can use bank transfer as an alternative :cool:

Hohenlohe

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Wonderful,thx Philippe... :love: :coeurs:

heartly greetings

R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:35 pm

Hohenlohe wrote:Will it be available thru retail shops because I have no longer a credit card since my paypal account was caught by an outsider thru a trojan virus...I am not amused about that but paypal repaid me all. Although I am not willing to pay alike that.I hope I can get it thru GG anyway short after release or as thru a retail store here in Munich...

greetings

Dear Hohenlohe,

I am so sorry to hear of your trouble. I hope that you have the very best of luck from now on!!

Very nice that Ageod has found a way for you to get the new game.

Best Wishes,

Vaalen

Hohenlohe

Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:07 pm

vaalen wrote:Dear Hohenlohe,

I am so sorry to hear of your trouble. I hope that you have the very best of luck from now on!!

Very nice that Ageod has found a way for you to get the new game.

Best Wishes,

Vaalen

Thx for your understanding,dear vaalen...

heartly greetings

Hohenlohe... :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

Franciscus

Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:20 pm

Also sad to hear about your bad luck. I never use paypal myself.
Here in Portugal all our banks have a service that permits one to create a virtual credit card, valid for just one transaction and with the amount defined by us. It's the most safe way I know of making online trnsactions.

Spharv2

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Can't wait to see what it is, looking forward to a new game with the good ole system. :)
Official Queen's Ambassador to the South
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Paul Roberts

Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:37 am

I'm definitely looking forward to Athena's next move! I can't wait to find out more...

Ilitarist
Sergeant

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:50 am

Will it be the same engine version as in PoN (3.0 IIRC)? Please no. Please.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”