Taillebois
General of the Army

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:34 pm

Ore stabit fortis arare placet ore stat.

Jorje Vidrio
Corporal

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:28 pm

Excellent choice for the next game! There are so few games dealing with Ancient Rome [Rome: Total War being the only other one that I know of].

But I agree that the title should be changed to something like "Crossing the Rubicon". I've forgotton what little Latin I learned in school, so I don't know what the title means.
Or perhaps a famous quote from Shakespear's Julius Caesar? Like "Beware the Ides of March!"

yellow ribbon

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:51 pm

oh come on, its one of the most falsely stated quotes of the world....
Gaius Iulius Caesar is supposed to have it spoken, when HE crossed the Rubicon

they are closer to your idea then you think :mdr:
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Person of Interest

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:54 pm

Will the option to show Unit Cards as 3-D figures be present in IJE as it is in ROP?

PhilThib

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:29 pm

Person of Interest wrote:Will the option to show Unit Cards as 3-D figures be present in IJE as it is in ROP?

Not in the current version, but a pack could be made if there is enough demand for it...

Person of Interest

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:16 pm

PhilThib wrote:Not in the current version, but a pack could be made if there is enough demand for it...

I've always preferred the the 3-D models so it would be a welcome addition. Other than that little quibble the art is looking outstanding and the game sounds awesome.

yellow ribbon

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:20 pm

PhilThib wrote:Not in the current version, but a pack could be made if there is enough demand for it...

where can we vote? :wacko:

seriously, its tempting, however, seeing the many detailed units, set the priority on

1.) game/ fresh money
2.) DLC/fresh money
x.) sprites/figures/fun

we will need your company longer than we play AIE, unless it has an impact close to AACW (i never stopped playing and really wish it will be such a success).
thus get it to the market and we are going to ask you for it... :indien:
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

PANGI

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:29 pm

Jorje Vidrio wrote:But I agree that the title should be changed to something like "Crossing the Rubicon". I've forgotton what little Latin I learned in school, so I don't know what the title means.
Or perhaps a famous quote from Shakespear's Julius Caesar? Like "Beware the Ides of March!"

For those who forget the latin there will be this version...

http://youtu.be/yLWUSka0HOw
ImageImage

yellow ribbon

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:33 pm

PANGI wrote:For those who forget the latin there will be this version...

http://youtu.be/yLWUSka0HOw

just look for " ROMANES EUNT DOMUS" with greek subs then :mdr:

dont tease us, you admired artist, , or we come back to the question of the letter "j" or "i"
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

Ilitarist
Sergeant

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:49 pm

What will happen to tutorial I wonder? All previous games looked like "2*2=4, 6^6=36, now go solve some differential equations".

yellow ribbon

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:58 pm

if you look up "Noli turbare circulos meos" you will figure out, the legend goes as the romans did not like math neither, nor mechanics, not physics... :mdr:

As you see on page one, its the old system of Wars in America, as well for supply as for battles. thus for many players it will be a "cooled down" situation to run into the game.

the rest is learning by drag and drop action. three to four games and you will fall in love to it.
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

Ilitarist
Sergeant

Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:26 pm

yellow ribbon wrote:the rest is learning by drag and drop action. three to four games and you will fall in love to it.

I'm not worried about me, I found strength to read the manual and really more concerned about intuitive interface but I understand it's hard to do and many people already used to current one. But tutorial is what this game really needs to get new players. It's at least possible to make decent videotutorial - the best AGEOD tutorial I've seen yet was on Rise of Prussia and it was text and screens and it still was much better than usual tutorial with walls of text and no context help.

Or, f.e. new Paradox games use those popups that appear every time you get your first specific screen. Easy to implement, I think. First unit selection - get help on bottom bar, first unit statistics screen - get help on statistics, first battle - info on battle system, 10th battle - advanced info on battles, first invasion into enemy territory - info on territory capture, first siege - help on that, selected unit with cavalry or artillery - help on those matters etc. As there's much info in manual, you have to play and read it simultaniously, it would be much easier if info would fall on you gradually, not big wall of text in tutorial and silence, but additional info as you play your first scenario.

Bohémond

Sea Trade

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:27 pm

For those who wants to know if trade incomes can help you to win.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yorick
Conscript

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:11 pm

So the 10 year big scenario is 87-77 BC featuring Sulla vs Mithridates + Sertorius + other Populares right? Or is the Sertorian scenario separated from the Mithridatic one? The timeline doesn't quite fit.

PhilThib

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:29 pm

Yorick wrote:So the 10 year big scenario is 87-77 BC featuring Sulla vs Mithridates + Sertorius + other Populares right? Or is the Sertorian scenario separated from the Mithridatic one? The timeline doesn't quite fit.

There are 2 separate scenarios in fact...

rwenstrup
Sergeant

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Congratulations on the recent changes in structure...I believe the future will be bright for AGEOD...
...I think you've got a great time period for the engine ... and am looking forward to being one of the early purchasers...best of luck with it!

Searry
Colonel

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:35 pm

Will there be limits on how many Legions can you recruit from a single Area? According to my knowdledge, the Republic and the Empire recruited from all acros their lands.

yellow ribbon

Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:09 pm

Searry wrote:Will there be limits on how many Legions can you recruit from a single Area? According to my knowdledge, the Republic and the Empire recruited from all acros their lands.

yes... so far i am allowed to say...

you might derive from the screenshots, that there areas as well as nationality restrictions, like certain troops only be levied on allied ground or regional restrictions.

see post: #285

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/productionpmp49.jpg/

where you can make the educated guess that Auxiliares as well as Legions have to be raised in different Theaters of war, since they are at hand in multiple variations :gardavou:
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

Searry
Colonel

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:10 pm

yellow ribbon wrote:yes... so far i am allowed to say...

you might derive from the screenshots, that there areas as well as nationality restrictions, like certain troops only be levied on allied ground or regional restrictions.

see post: #285

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/productionpmp49.jpg/

where you can make the educated guess that Auxiliares as well as Legions have to be raised in different Theaters of war, since they are at hand in multiple variations :gardavou:

Thanks for the answer. Looks like I haven't been paying attention, also managed to typo a few times.

1st Texas Sharpshooters
Conscript

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:02 pm

This looks AWESOME!
Looking forward to play yet another great game from you guys...
Best regards...

Savoyard
Private

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:10 pm

Show us those Parthian horse archers and other Iranian exotics!

yellow ribbon

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:20 pm

Savoyard wrote:Show us those Parthian horse archers and other Iranian exotics!

they want to make you appetite, not spoiling your hunger... ;)

but if you go back in the screenshots, you find local units, tribal units and specialties like warchariots already...

EDIT:

- whenever you see the alpha-screen shot the building screen you could enlarge it and find units like archers of "Rhodus and Crete" (more i cannot tell, but more are in game)

- they have shown you the Galatian units, with love for details even down to different swords and chainmail

- as you already saw, one picture shows a great many of Pontian troops (there is the war chariot)

if they feel its time, then they might show you a Parthian empires maybe...
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

Savoyard
Private

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:23 pm

yellow ribbon wrote:they want to make you appetite, not spoiling your hunger... ;)

but if you go back in the screenshots, you find local units, tribal units and specialties like warchariots already...

Can you point me there. I just scanned the 12 pages and I only saw War Chariots of Pontus.

Edit: I demand a view purely of the East!

Also, is there gonna be a Fall of Rome DLC so I can go Sassanid on those Greeks?

yellow ribbon

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:12 pm

Savoyard wrote:
Also, is there gonna be a Fall of Rome DLC so I can go Sassanid on those Greeks?

wouldnt that be 400-600 years after the main focus of the game...but i love the idea... :indien:
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

Savoyard
Private

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:53 pm

yellow ribbon wrote:wouldnt that be 400-600 years after the main focus of the game...but i love the idea... :indien:

Total War did it, AGEOD can do it.

yellow ribbon

Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:08 pm

its not about if they can, but if its desirable for their business/ROI... first most probable added content is announced on page one anyway, the earlier time span comes first.

BTW: i know many players of Ageods games from this forum, who would not even touch total war, but maybe their first Shogun or so :wacko:
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

Pocus

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:58 pm

AJE must sells before envisioning DLC or expansion packs. Rise of Prussia and Revolution under siege were so-so...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

yellow ribbon

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:22 pm

...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

Marcelo
Conscript

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:09 pm

I am very glad to see Ageod going back to where its strength lies...very detailed (not to mention pretty) campaigns/scenarios as opposed to grand/long-term strategy. They would need another engine for that, I believe.

I want to see more games like RoP, WIA, ACW, NCs, etc.. in the market and only Ageod seems to be making them. AJE seems to be right on spot so I will certainly be a customer.

Good luck Philippe(s) with the new enterprise.

Marcelo

RELee
Lieutenant

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:10 am

Pocus wrote:AJE must sells before envisioning DLC or expansion packs. Rise of Prussia and Revolution under siege were so-so...

Well, I'm a-hoping to do my part, by cracky! Hee hee hee :p apy:

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”