Zardoz
Conscript

Why do I have supply here?

Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:13 am

Hi all.

Back playing AJE again after a break and having fun with the four emperors... :dada:

A quick question based on the screen shot linked below. I have an army outside Genua, controlled by the enemy, Otho in this case. I haven't conquered the town and the region is not next to any of my regions.

Yet the supply overlay suggests I have supply there. Why exactly? I understood that my supply comes from friendly towns and regions and from neighboring friendly regions when in enemy territory.

thanks

Tony

Screenshot:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/o7RGXnJ8tHyVGvVX2

Durk

Re: Why do I have supply here?

Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:30 am

This is an interesting post and an impossible situation.
I would say, because it cannot happen but actually did happen

Zardoz
Conscript

Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:12 am

otherwise known as a bug?

That's OK; I write software for a living so I'm sure I've put plenty of bugs out there in my time. I'll go back to figuring out how to take Otho and Vespasian down.

BTW I did a quick read of Tacitus before starting this scenario... none of the candidate emperors sound particularly attractive.

cheers

Tony

arsan

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:36 pm

Rich regions usually generate a little supply even if you only control the countryside.
But in this case it seems a little too much suply and on a region not specially rich so... Not sure, really...

Zardoz
Conscript

Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:26 am

I was mainly concerned that I might have misunderstood a game mechanic, or how the supply system works.

My 95% military control of the countryside gives me a small amount of supply but I need to take the city to get serious supply is my understanding.

I went back and read Narwhal's excellent Beginners Corner on supply last night. A very useful post!

http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=25289&p=247013&hilit=Narwhal+supply+beginner%27s+corner#p247013

Taillebois
Brigadier General

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:14 am

The disappearance of the screenshots should serve as a reminder not to store your stuff on the web or the cloud. The narwhal/loki aars were great.

This thread did get me to have a quick play at the 4 emperors too. AJE is a great series. Time to make sure you have some installable back ups.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”