vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thank you, Franciscus and team for making TOr the best on its subject

Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:30 am

Some months ago, I wrote a post on what I found lacking in Hannibal, Terror of Rome. The main points being that Hannibal was not very efffective as a general, and could be easily handled by a larger Roman army, that Hannibal never got out of Cisalpine Gaul, and many other items.

well, after playing TOR with the newest patch, I was astonished to find how magnificent the game had become. Every point I raised was dealt with, Hannibal has become a real terror to Rome, and is rampaging through all of Italy. He no longer puts his army in a position where it starves, defeats Roman armies with frightening regularity, preserves his main force, and has carried off some amazing moves.

In other words, as Rome, I am facing a real threat, and I find myself making strategic decisions to try to avoid fighting him, just as the Romans '/ eventually did. The war in Italy is absolutely fascinating and challenging, and this is one of Athenas finest hours.

I want to keep this short, so I will simply say that TOR is the finest game anyone has ever made on the second Punic War, rich with history, challenging, and a whole lot of fun.

I have never before had the problems I noticed in a game resolved so magnificently.

Thank you, Franciscus and team. You have created and polished, and perfected a true work of art.

With gratitude,

vaalen

PJJ
Captain

Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:08 pm

:thumbsup:

It would be a crime against the player community not to release a new Ageod title set in the ancient world! :)

vonBredow
Sergeant

Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:32 pm

Ahem. I am still hoping for one last DLC :D

Franciscus

Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:37 pm

Thank you for your kind words.

In fact, a real effort was made to improve HAN gameplay, in patch 1.01 and now 1.05, including the rework of Hannibal's abilities and AI improvements, etc.

IMHO, I think it is possible, specially if you play on "Tribune" AI level or above and giving AI more time, to have a Carthaginian AI that gives a reasonable challenge to the player, and this with the AI taking the "offensive" role, a thing not common in most strategy/wargames (where usually the AI is a reasonable opponent on a defensive role but fares badly on the offence)

Best regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:10 am

Franciscus wrote:Thank you for your kind words.

In fact, a real effort was made to improve HAN gameplay, in patch 1.01 and now 1.05, including the rework of Hannibal's abilities and AI improvements, etc.

IMHO, I think it is possible, specially if you play on "Tribune" AI level or above and giving AI more time, to have a Carthaginian AI that gives a reasonable challenge to the player, and this with the AI taking the "offensive" role, a thing not common in most strategy/wargames (where usually the AI is a reasonable opponent on a defensive role but fares badly on the offence)

Best regards

Well, that effort was successful, and I can testify to it. A magnificent accomplishment,to make offensive AI that is so good. And in my game, the Carthage AI is very good not only in Italy, but in Spain and Sardinia. No doubt they will be quite good in Africa as well, once the war becomes active there.

Thanks again,

Vaalen

elxaime
General

Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:35 pm

Franciscus wrote:Thank you for your kind words.

Best regards

Yes, very good game.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”