PhilThib

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:55 am

Yes, the pre-order exe is special (it incudes the no-host feature). Preorders will receive an email with a mini patch unlocking the exe, updating the game and allowing to enjoy it 3 days before official release

ess1
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:36 am

PhilThib wrote:Yes, the pre-order exe is special (it incudes the no-host feature). Preorders will receive an email with a mini patch unlocking the exe, updating the game and allowing to enjoy it 3 days before official release

The first provider of an AAR will have my undying grattitude!
:)

vonRocko
Colonel

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:19 pm

I must admit, I haven't been this excited about a game release in a long time! This seems to be the perfect fit for the game engine. :)

Quirk
Lieutenant

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:52 pm

Finally installed the pre-order version. I am really looking forward to the final game as it makes a very, very good impression! Thanks for all your effort to give us another playable piece of history :)

helm123
Private

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:35 am

I noticed a couple of people in this thread worrying about purchasing directly from AGEOD and losing the download. I can tell you from personnel experience that you can't beat the way they will work with you to make sure your up and running.

My personnel experience was from purchasing WWI Gold from Gamersgate partly because the price was very very low and them darn blue coins. Problem was that Gamersgate sold Me the software but was out of serial keys. I talked to Philippe via email an sent him a copy of My gamersgate receipt. He hooked Me up with a temporary serial to get the game running until Gamersgate corrected their problem. I then changed the serial in the game to the Gamersgate issued serial and deleted Philippe's email with the temp serial.

You can't beat that type of help and I dare say there isn't another game developer that will work with you in that way.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:15 am

Update for H Gilmer: I used the VADDS option? I have never heard of it. It took my card and I have the game and it is installed. Cheers!! I loaded up the grand campaign - Wow! Very nice!

Release it now!!! (heh heh)

Bodhis
Corporal

Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:13 pm

Bought it. Until now RoP was the most beautiful game of yours :) Very nice map. Cant wait to hit the next turn button....

Livius
Conscript

Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:14 pm

Hi all !

Tell me developpers, is there a release on steam store or no ?

Thank you !

Livius

Metatron

Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:11 am

Not really fan of antiquity for video games except for RTW, map not as beautiful as previous games, but bought it. (big fan of RUS, ROP, ACW and WIA2) Real improvement on the loading, game starts like hell compared to previous games, very good improvement on the engine and map I presume, good job! impatient to play the campaigns and see what DLC are going to pop up.

Real impatinet to see what can be achieved with the new engine for other timelines/wars but that is going to have to wait a lot of years as I understand it.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:14 am

ess1 wrote:The first provider of an AAR will have my undying grattitude!
:)

I bought a 39 inch 1080 tv to be my monitor and I'm going to do an AAR just for you, friend. You'll get to see me slaughtered in all my glory. I might even wear a toga while playing.

Pocus

Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:53 am

Livius wrote:Hi all !

Tell me developpers, is there a release on steam store or no ?

Thank you !

Livius

Hey,

For now, we have not been approved by the Steam crew, so can't say.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

ess1
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:56 am

H Gilmer3 wrote:I bought a 39 inch 1080 tv to be my monitor and I'm going to do an AAR just for you, friend. You'll get to see me slaughtered in all my glory. I might even wear a toga while playing.

Many thanks kind Sir. Trust you know how to put it on (not the monitor)... :D
Photos appreciated!

Hobbes

Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:54 pm

koningtiger wrote: -Modders Scenario Packs
Also, the team would love that some key beta and players have their say in producing original scenarios of their own choosing…the Roman era is large and long enough for this. The game Databases will be available shortly after release to help the volunteers…

:thumbsup: I'm all set!

Solemnace
Corporal

Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:13 pm

Iust one question Why is it that the Price is Dollars is the same as the Price in Pounds despite the fact that One pound is worth quite a bit more than one dollar.

mortfyn
Conscript

Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:17 pm

Preordered the game ! Only 19 days to wait !

Boomer
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:33 pm

mortfyn wrote:Preordered the game ! Only 19 days to wait !

Enjoying drooling over that map for 3 more weeks. It's like an itch you can't scratch.

beuckelssen

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:50 pm

Hobbes wrote: :thumbsup: I'm all set!

After playing some of your previous scenarios I only can say that these are really great news for the community. :coeurs:

Bertram

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:03 am

Solemnace wrote:Iust one question Why is it that the Price is Dollars is the same as the Price in Pounds despite the fact that One pound is worth quite a bit more than one dollar.

In Europe you pay VAT (20-25%), in the USA you don't. (Actually you are supposed to, but it varies by state, and they don't have a good collecting system like in Europe, so each customer is supposed to tell to the tax collector how much stuff they bought online. For some reason they don't).

Solemnace
Corporal

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:40 am

Bertram wrote:In Europe you pay VAT (20-25%), in the USA you don't. (Actually you are supposed to, but it varies by state, and they don't have a good collecting system like in Europe, so each customer is supposed to tell to the tax collector how much stuff they bought online. For some reason they don't).

Right that makes it better. But still In The UK VAT is 20%. Since for every dollar you have 0.6297 pounds you still end up at around £15

yellow ribbon

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:47 am

- educated guess:

a.) pricing strategy: unity, simplicity, floor reservation price (everyone is willing to pay for)

b.) local publishers will hand out and distribute, not the french team. same of dollar and pound goes for pound and euro, but adding 6 euro for re-import/shipping from UK stores wouldnt make sense (i know its an online distribution, but thats how companies calculate, on imaginary issues summed in overhead costs and %s added to the main costs)

c.) they have to set the price for long terms, currency values cannot be a foundation for that low amounts. think about that i.e,. the Euro may loose 20% over time, for some months, the dollar even more (if arguing with China again)

PS: remember they dont charge 45, nor 60 Euros, like certain other companies
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

PJJ
Captain

Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:54 pm

Another happy preorderer (is that a word?) here! The game looks great and I'd love to be able to play it already. I had to click the end turn button in various scenarios just to make sure it really doesn't work in any of them yet. Oh, and Spartacus! He looks kinda familiar. It'll be the first scenario I play. Nice to see a game that finally covers that very interesting conflict. :D

A question: Will we need to keep the special activation mini-patch for future use when reinstalling the preorder version we have backed up, or can we then download a version that doesn't require it?

Pocus

Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:00 am

The restriction on the preorder version will be lifted by any patch we will produce, so the answer would be: you will never be able to run a turn with the unpatched preorder version, but you'll as soon as you apply a patch, any patch.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

mstrg
Conscript

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:35 am

Ordering from US, price is advertised at $20, but when actually going through the order process appears to want to price as 20 pounds. Don't know French law, but terms seem pretty clear that once I hit accept button I can't argue with what shows up on my CC statement. So what is my price in $US ?

Sir Garnet

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:05 pm

caranorn wrote:Note, the three variants for sale (and I fully understand what they mean) just put me off from buying AJE at this time. I have no problem with supporting a team by paying more for the product. But I find it nonsensical to add paying supporters' names to the credit list as if they'd taken part in the design or testing. Actually I don't need being given any credit whatsoever for just financial support...

In the film industry funders can get secondary "producer" or other credits. Alumni associations publish who has contributed to the school/class enterprises. Seems OK to me in concept, though a sizable amount in tough times, when it's easier to contribute time than cash.

What concerns me more is re-downloading for a new clean install, which I have found very convenient for games worth playing for more than a few months. Earthquakes can wipe out PC and DVD backups as well, and the online backup services don't like some types of files.

yellow ribbon

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:34 pm

Sir Garnet wrote:
What concerns me more is re-downloading for a new clean install, which I have found very convenient for games worth playing for more than a few months. Earthquakes can wipe out PC and DVD backups as well, and the online backup services don't like some types of files.

BACK UP DVD me lad, BACKUP DVD Mike...
but you talk about a point i never would use GG/ST nor i like the idea with AGEOD. i love to throw around DVDs in the office for free giveaway. thats how we burden the companies LAN most of the day :wacko:
...not paid by AGEOD.

however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Pocus

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:33 am

Sir Garnet wrote:In the film industry funders can get secondary "producer" or other credits. Alumni associations publish who has contributed to the school/class enterprises. Seems OK to me in concept, though a sizable amount in tough times, when it's easier to contribute time than cash.

This issue and concern have been lifted now. The credits will indeed show the supporters, but they will appears as supporters, not as people who may have worked on the project. It will be clear.

There won't be any issue if you ask us to download again next year or when you want your setup, believe me. Unless EMP bombs destroy the storage facilities of several major companies at the same time (OVH in France, Google, some server in Norway plus others places) plus assassins track down all the team around the world (including France, Norway, the US, Argentina, Germany), then there will be someone somewhere that will give you your setup :)

caranorn

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:39 am

Sir Garnet wrote:In the film industry funders can get secondary "producer" or other credits. Alumni associations publish who has contributed to the school/class enterprises. Seems OK to me in concept, though a sizable amount in tough times, when it's easier to contribute time than cash.

Like Pocus said issue solved. One can opt not to be listed too...
Marc aka Caran...

Soulstrider
Major

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:27 pm

Hi

Having always been interested in AGEOD games and being quite familiar with this time period of all games I finally decided to give it a shot and pre-order from the AGEOD store, I just want to know one thing is the store pre-order is of a physical copy or digital, the order process confused me a bit.

Jim-NC

Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:03 am

Welcome to the forum Soulstrider. You will find us a helpful bunch. I believe the standard pre-order is only digital, but there are 3 levels of purchase, and I think 1 of the levels will get you a DVD/CD.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Durk

Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:17 am

Soulstrider: This is how I would explain the order process:
You select your game and click on it.
This takes you to a place where you establish you and your address.
Then, you confirm the game you wish to order.
Next you pay for the game in one of a couple ways.
Finally, once you have confirmed your order you are set for a digital download.
You will download the game; and you will get a product key to unlock the download.
Physical dvd is possible, as Jim-NC says, buy you will not wish to pay this expense for your first game from AGEOD.
So it is for all intents a digital download.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”