Kensai

Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:41 pm

Thank you, Philippe! By tomorrow I will have completed most of the decision actions. Then checking/debugging, the mod shall be ready by Sunday for all of you to enjoy. :)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Kensai

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:45 pm

The mod is almost ready, at least in its basic, totally working form. Of course, given that this is an alternate reality, future work is probably required to make sure some future events that don't make sense won't ruin the immersion. But this is for another update.

Let me show you some screenshots of Germany if you select the 4th option, ie creating a relatively ethnic-pure Germany but excluding Prussia which loses all its post-Napoleonic conquests West of the Elbe river. By focusing on their Germanic possessions, the Habsburgs effectively liberate the Hungarians, the Bohemian-Moravians, the Ruthenians (the third Danubian Principality), the Croats, and a small Poland that may spell trouble for everyone later. I have made it so that Austria does not give away the Italian possessions, as to keep its bases in the Mediterranean. Of course, it may have already lost them or be about to.

Looks beautiful, I think:

Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:

Kensai

Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:04 pm

v1 is out in the wild. It should work alright, unless I have missed something horribly.

In order to unify Germany as Austria in a semi-historical way, the player needs to first influence the Catholic German states (Baden, Württemberg, Bavaria) to unite in a Southern German Confederation. The influencing attempts can start immediately, at par with Prussia's attempts to influence the Protestant states of the North. However, the Confederation cannot be proclaimed before the first decade ends in order to allow Prussia to grow as well and abstract the curbing of resistances by the smaller states. Then the player should focus on influencing the Northern states (regardless if they still exist or are part of an NGF) and attempt to challenge Prussia. The declaration of war can happen at any time, but the possibility to unite Germany is given only after 1865 in order to abstract the maturation of loyalty in the smaller German states. Once 1865 has passed and Austria has enough loyalty in all the small German states it can influence it should attempt to defeat convincingly Prussia, something that should include capturing Berlin itself. When this happens (if loyalty is high enough in the German unification states while some lucky dices are drawn) the event of Franz-Josef's proclamation as Emperor of whole Germany will be fired. Then the player will have his decision on how he wants to shape his future Empire and continue the game normally.

In my opinion each of the 4 decisions offers a different challenge. At this point, I have not scripted extra challenges, so the decision to keep everything might win you the game by the 70s. On the other side of the spectrum, a national Germany excluding Prussia and the non-German states might provide for a rather challenging game as the Emperor tries to regain his old "liberated" lands with new wars. :)
Großdeutschland Mod

Return to “PON Mods”