Christophe.Barot

Morocco crisis - a (failed) attempt to combine conditions

Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:41 am

OK, guys (and girls too :wavey: if any is reading me) After adapting Chinese, Persian and Egyptian colonial events I tried to simulate Morocco crisis by combining alliance (and support) and unit comparison conditions - idea is to create a registry of unit count (which i know to use now) ONLY if certain conditions are met - presently either alliances or supports - so I considered Algesiras conferences, and tried to create conditionally registers - 2 pitfalls :
- diplomatic conditions may apply to event (and cancel his occurence) rather than prteventing to fill a registry if my scripting is wroing
- not creating a registry, which I use later could crash tge game [color="#FF0000"]// any explaination and hints appreciated[/color]

after, in my actions, I try (again) to set a colonial level if French win (if germany win the gathering allies match, level of penetration imlproves, Germany wins morale and Morocco alliance (passes in german sphere of influence ) as was supposed counter French takeover and protect Morocco independance (not for Morocco you bet, mostly to annoy and weaken French rival)
so 2 events created , one if count (if works) favourable to french (should be given all alliances that were added), francewin should occur - german win was written too, count is just reverse, so I wanted to see what happens : here is the French favourable outcome event :

SelectFaction = $FRA
SelectRegion = $Ile de France
StartEvent = evt_nam_FRA_Algesiras1906_Francewin|1|2|NULL|NULL|$Ile de France|NULL [color="#FF0000"]// image, text and sound later[/color]

Conditions
MinDate = 1906/01/01
MaxDate = 1919/12/31
Probability = 100 [color="#FF0000"]// to change later[/color]
SelectFaction = $FRA
EvalIsAtPeaceWith = GER [color="#FF0000"]// if not, they have other business to care, clearly[/color]

SelectFaction = $FRA

RegInit = 1
SelectSubUnits = Area $Continents_Europe;FactionTags FRA;Domains $Land
RegInit = 2
SelectSubUnits = FactionTags AUS;Families $famHvyWarship $famLightWarship $famRaiderShip $famHvyCoastalShip $famLitCoastalShip $famCarrierShip $famSubmarine

[color="#00FFFF"]// so 1 = French Army, and 2 = French navy, conditionally, army is useful to evaluate direct pressure on border - spare pride of a powerful foe, navy because you can't keep colonies if you can't send troops there, which Bismarck fully understood[/color]

SelectFaction = $GBR
EvalDiploItem = FRA;$diDefensiveTreaty [color="#FF0000"]// does it condition the reginit or the event - I want British fleet enter the count on the French side - only if France is allied with Britain, which won't usually be the case but is as I tested Entente cordiale event - in future France should have a British support by Egyptia event, and an Italian one by Lybia event[/color]
RegInit = 3
SelectSubUnits = FactionTags GBR;Families $famHvyWarship $famLightWarship $famRaiderShip $famHvyCoastalShip $famLitCoastalShip $famCarrierShip $famSubmarine

[color="#FF0000"]// with 3 I count the Royal navy, only as it exert an effect on naval and colonial matters[/color]

SelectFaction = $GBR
EvalDiploItem = FRA;$diShowSupport [color="#FF0000"]// written like that, is it Britain supporting France or the reverse[/color]
SelectFaction = $GBR [color="#B22222"]// I wonder if duplicating faction here is without effect or disjoint condition of support (non existant anyway) from creation of reginit 4[/color]
RegInit = 4
SelectSubUnits = FactionTags GBR;Families $famHvyWarship $famLightWarship $famRaiderShip $famHvyCoastalShip $famLitCoastalShip $famCarrierShip $famSubmarine
[color="#FF0000"]// Reginit 4 is Royal Navy, too, same number, but appears only if Britain supports France - I consider that a motivated supporting ally count more - to balance importance of double strength due to support and alliance (potentially) I count the main protagonist twice, Army AND Navy [/color]

SelectFaction = [color="#FF0000"]$FRA[/color]
EvalDiploItem = [color="#FF0000"]RUS[/color];$diDefensiveTreaty
SelectFaction = [color="#FF0000"]$GBR[/color]
RegInit = 5
SelectSubUnits = Area $Continents_Europe;[color="#FF0000"]FactionTags RUS[/color];Domains $Land
[color="#006400"]// Reginit 5 is supposed to be Russian army (huge and powerful in my game, superior to any other) which imports by pressure on german borders if Russia is allied with France (you can bet I did that) - [color="#FF0000"]but seems I messed up things, let survive a line with Great britain (which serves no purpose, just copied, pasted changed .. and forgot)[/color][/color]

SelectFaction = $RUS
EvalDiploItem = FRA;$diShowSupport
RegInit = 6
SelectSubUnits = Area $Continents_Europe;FactionTags RUS;Domains $Land
[color="#FF0000"]// ditto 6 is still russian Army, I wish to count it ONLY if I support France (which I am not doing presently, but alliance is in effect my other alliance, with germany, is irrelevant here, I'm supposed to exert a silent "freindly" pressure on Germany)[/color]
SelectFaction = $ITA
EvalDiploItem = FRA;$diShowSupport [color="#FF0000"]// I hope it means Italy supports France and not the reverse, someone may confirm it to me ?[/color]
RegInit = 7
[color="#008000"]// ditto for Italian Navy 7, due to Triplice no alliance, but Italy had in 1902 an agreement with France, free hands in Morocco against free hands in Lybia, and supported France at Algesiras - will create the event, presently she hasn't - and to be honest neither had a big Navy to speak of[/color]
SelectFaction = $USA
RegInit = 8
[color="#0000FF"]// 8 is US NAVY, following Mahan principles bias here, no condition, as US liked republica, Democratic France, and disliked (especially Theodore roosevelt german militarism - and Russian Autocracy - a structural stabce - so even without support of Frnech claims, they sided with France, moral stance, France seen as victim of german agressor looking for a war, or pure hostility to Rmpire , no alliance of course, hey ! do Monroe doctrine , and isolationnism rings a bell to you ? now, size of US navy is limited, to the least
[/color]
SelectFaction = $GER

RegInit = 9
SelectSubUnits = Area $Continents_Europe;FactionTags GER;Domains $Land
RegInit = 10
SelectSubUnits = FactionTags GER;Families $famHvyWarship $famLightWarship $famRaiderShip $famHvyCoastalShip $famLitCoastalShip $famCarrierShip $famSubmarine
[color="#000000"]// now german side, counting Army and Tirpitz Kriegsmarine[/color]
SelectFaction = $GER
[color="#000000"]EvalDiploItem = AUS;$diDefensiveTreaty // counting Austrian army (incidentally, in my game, crushed by Russia, they still have enough to invade Serbia, but not much more, in spite of huge german army, with France and Russia, balance of power do not favour German side - and yes, Austria DOES HAVE a defensive treaty with the kaiser, of course[/color]
SelectFaction = $AUS
RegInit = 11
SelectSubUnits = Area $Continents_Europe;FactionTags AUS;Domains $Land

SelectFaction = $AUS
EvalDiploItem = GER;$diShowSupport
RegInit = 12
SelectSubUnits = Area $Continents_Europe;FactionTags AUS;Domains $Land [color="#000000"]// 11 and 12 Austrian army, count here to counter Russia (ahem), 11 should exist, if my writing works, 12 shouldn't be counted as Austria do not support germany[/color]

RegInit = 13
RegSum = Registry 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
RegInit = 14
RegSum = Registry 9 10 11 12
RegEval = 13;>;14
RegDeactivate = NULL

/[color="#FF0000"]/ 13 is sum of French support 1 2 French Army navy 3 4 (should not exist) allied /supporting royal navy 5 (miswritten) 6 (non existant) allied supporting russian army 7 nonexistant supporting Italian navy and 8 US navy - > I should add here 1 2 3 (5?) 8 and let aside (but will it, or other values) 4 5 (miswritten) ? 6 and 7
[/color]
Actions
// DescEvent = evt_desc_FRA_Algesiras1906_Francewin description later

SelectFaction = $SPA

SelectRegion = $El Rif
ChgColonialPen = 50

SelectRegion = $Tangiers
ChangeRgnOwner = MOR // Tangiers go to Spain
ChgColonialPen = 50

SelectFaction = $FRA
ChgObjective = $Rabat;8
AddDiploItem = MOR;$diDefensiveTreaty;CURRENT
AddDiploItem = MOR;$diMutualSupply;CURRENT
ChgFacRelationships = MOR;50
ChgFacRelationships = SPA;10
ChgFacRelationships = GBR;10
ChgFacRelationships = RUS;5
ChgFacRelationships = USA;10
ChgFacRelationships = ITA;5
ChgFacRelationships = GER;-5

// alliance and supply (to ensure it works) to Morocco, actually is is military control and crossing Rights even in a cappital - changes of relations, change of national morale
SelectFaction = $FRA
ChangeFacMorale = 10
SelectFaction = $GER
ChangeFacMorale = -5

SelectFaction = $FRA

SelectRegion = $Meknes
ChgColonialPen = 50
AddRgnDecisionAct = $rgdCustoms;CURRENT // changing colonial status usually don't work, and SOI changes made a mess in all existing SOI, so i avoid, de jure independant Morocco is de facto a colony, France controls his custome, I can refine, add Spain, control railway ...

SelectRegion = $Rabat
ChangeRgnOwner = MOR
ChgColonialPen = 50

SelectRegion = $Safi
ChangeRgnOwner = MOR
ChgColonialPen = 50

SelectRegion = $Marrakesh
ChangeRgnOwner = MOR
ChgColonialPen = 50

SelectRegion = $Agadir
ChangeRgnOwner = MOR
ChgColonialPen = 50

SelectRegion = $Zagora
ChangeRgnOwner = MOR
ChgColonialPen = 50
[color="#FF0000"]
// transfer of Areas control, then I test effects of protectorate, but event did not fire , why ???
[/color] :blink:
SelectFaction = $FRA
SetColStatusArea = $Colony_Morocco;$colProtectorate // I fear the worse

EndEvent
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

Christophe.Barot

Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:08 am

OK here is the script report

Line 48909: SelectFaction, selected: Prusse
Line 48911: Started processing event: evt_nam_GER_Algesiras1906gerwin
Line 48911: Event already referenced, current occurences 0 Max allowed: 1 <<Active>>
Line 48914: Min date evaluated: 1906/01/01 converted to turn 3745 current turn 4061 True
Line 48915: Max date evaluated: 1919/12/31 converted to turn 4081 current turn 4061 True
Line 48916: Probability evaluated: Probability 100 rolled 2 True
Line 48917: EvalEvent evaluated: Checking evt_nam_FRA_Algesiras1906_Francewin 0 equal to 0 True
Line 48918: Entering triggered actions for event evt_nam_GER_Algesiras1906gerwin
Line 48920: => Conditions command, the Actions block is already being parsed.
Line 48924: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 48927: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 48929: RegInit 1
Line 48930: SelectSubUnits 1003302 12e Régt. de Garde Nat. added, List Count now at: 1
. // Ill spare you the list of internal lines
Line 48930: SelectSubUnits 1003056 1er Cie., 1er Esc. du Train added, List Count now at: 344
Line 48930: SelectSubUnits Registry 1 used, adding 344 to it, for an end value of 344
Line 48930: SelectSubUnits finished Regions Selected: 22 SubUnits Selected: 344

Line 48931: RegInit 2
Line 48932: SelectSubUnits Registry 2 used, adding 0 to it, for an end value of 0
Line 48932: SelectSubUnits finished Regions Selected: 0 SubUnits Selected: 0 // no french fleet ? or a bad scripting ?

Line 48934: SelectFaction, selected: Grande-Bretagne
Line 48936: RegInit 3
Line 48937: SelectSubUnits 1004772 HMS Ganges added, List Count now at: 1
Line 48943: SelectSubUnits 1004879 HMS Espoir added, List Count now at: 195
Line 48943: SelectSubUnits Registry 4 used, adding 195 to it, for an end value of 195
Line 48943: SelectSubUnits finished Regions Selected: 21 SubUnits Selected: 195

Line 48945: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 48947: SelectFaction, selected: Grande-Bretagne
Line 48948: RegInit 5
Line 48949: SelectSubUnits Registry 5 used, adding 0 to it, for an end value of 0
Line 48949: SelectSubUnits finished Regions Selected: 0 SubUnits Selected: 0 // looks like it worked here

Line 48951: SelectFaction, selected: Russie
Line 48953: RegInit 6
Line 48954: SelectSubUnits 1770349 Mikhail Kedrov added, List Count now at: 1
Line 48954: SelectSubUnits 1007216 7-i Pogranichnyi Zaamurski Polk added, List Count now at: 2129
Line 48954: SelectSubUnits Registry 6 used, adding 2129 to it, for an end value of 2129
Line 48954: SelectSubUnits finished Regions Selected: 183 SubUnits Selected: 2129

Line 48956: SelectFaction, selected: Piémont-Sardaigne
Line 48958: RegInit 7
Line 48959: SelectSubUnits Registry 7 used, adding 0 to it, for an end value of 0
Line 48959: SelectSubUnits finished Regions Selected: 0 SubUnits Selected: 0 // seems it worked for Italy, or they don't have any fleet

Line 48961: SelectFaction, selected: Etats-Unis d'Amérique
Line 48962: RegInit 8
Line 48963: SelectSubUnits Registry 8 used, adding 0 to it, for an end value of 0
Line 48963: SelectSubUnits finished Regions Selected: 0 SubUnits Selected: 0 // no condition, must I infer USA have no warfleet ?

Line 48965: SelectFaction, selected: Prusse
Line 48967: RegInit 9
Line 48968: SelectSubUnits 1005421 Lw.IR. 15 'Westfäl.' added, List Count now at: 1 // counting german army
Line 48968: SelectSubUnits 1767132 1. Ko., Tr.Abt. 21 added, List Count now at: 877
Line 48968: SelectSubUnits Registry 9 used, adding 877 to it, for an end value of 877
Line 48968: SelectSubUnits finished Regions Selected: 11 SubUnits Selected: 877 // more than french 344 but much less than russian 2129, and germany is the second military poower in the world, with almost 60% of russian military power

Line 48969: RegInit 10
Line 48970: SelectSubUnits 1005474 SMS Deutschland added, List Count now at: 1
Line 48970: SelectSubUnits 1005476 SMS Hamberg added, List Count now at: 8
Line 48970: SelectSubUnits Registry 10 used, adding 8 to it, for an end value of 8
Line 48970: SelectSubUnits finished Regions Selected: 2 SubUnits Selected: 8 // german trade fleets counts, so italian USA and french should have too

Line 48972: SelectFaction, selected: Prusse
Line 48974: SelectFaction, selected: Autriche
Line 48975: RegInit 11
Line 48976: SelectSubUnits 1745944 Lw.Ma.R. 27 added, List Count now at: 1
Line 48976: SelectSubUnits 1763706 Expeditionary Cavalry Regiment added, List Count now at: 571
Line 48976: SelectSubUnits Registry 11 used, adding 571 to it, for an end value of 571
Line 48976: SelectSubUnits finished Regions Selected: 21 SubUnits Selected: 571 // didn't thought there remained so much, even if i guess lots are little units

Line 48978: SelectFaction, selected: Autriche
Line 48980: RegInit 12
Line 48981: SelectSubUnits 1745944 Lw.Ma.R. 27 added, List Count now at: 1
/

Line 48981: SelectSubUnits 1763706 Expeditionary Cavalry Regiment added, List Count now at: 571
Line 48981: SelectSubUnits Registry 12 used, adding 571 to it, for an end value of 571
Line 48981: SelectSubUnits finished Regions Selected: 21 SubUnits Selected: 571

Line 48984: RegInit 13
Line 48985: RegSum All Into Registry 13 end value 2863
Line 48986: RegInit 14
Line 48987: RegSum All Into Registry 14 end value 2027
Line 48988: RegEval: Registry 13 Value: 2863 < Registry 14 Value: 2027 : False
Line 48989: RegDeactivate
Line 48998: SelectFaction, selected: Prusse
Line 49005: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 49007: SelectFaction, selected: Prusse
Line 49010: SelectFaction, selected: Prusse
Line 49038: Finished processing event: evt_nam_GER_Algesiras1906gerwin
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

[/color]

Christophe.Barot

the Algesiras event with German winning

Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:10 am

SelectFaction = $GER
SelectRegion = $Brandenburg
StartEvent = evt_nam_GER_Algesiras1906gerwin|1|2|NULL|NULL|$Brandenburg|NULL

Conditions [color="#FF0000"]// didn't see I kept it here after duplicating and correcting it, was late/early morning you know[/color]
MinDate = 1906/01/01
MaxDate = 1919/12/31
Probability = 15

Actions

Conditions [color="#FF0000"]// a leftover in copy/paste/modify will correct it[/color]
MinDate = 1906/01/01
MaxDate = 1919/12/31
Probability = 100
SelectFaction = $FRA
EvalIsAtPeaceWith = GER

SelectFaction = $FRA

RegInit = 1
SelectSubUnits = Area $Continents_Europe;FactionTags FRA;Domains $Land
RegInit = 2
SelectSubUnits = FactionTags AUS;Families $famHvyWarship $famLightWarship $famRaiderShip $famHvyCoastalShip $famLitCoastalShip $famCarrierShip $famSubmarine

SelectFaction = $GBR
EvalDiploItem = FRA;$diDefensiveTreaty // does it condition the reginit or the event
RegInit = 3

SelectFaction = $GBR
EvalDiploItem = FRA;$diShowSupport // written like that, is it Britain supporting France or the reverse
SelectFaction = $GBR
RegInit = 4

SelectFaction = $FRA
EvalDiploItem = RUS;$diDefensiveTreaty
SelectFaction = $GBR
RegInit = 5

SelectFaction = $RUS
RegInit = 6

SelectFaction = $ITA
RegInit = 7

SelectFaction = $USA
RegInit = 8

SelectFaction = $GER

RegInit = 9
SelectSubUnits = Area $Continents_Europe;FactionTags GER;Domains $Land
RegInit = 10
SelectSubUnits = FactionTags GER;Families $famHvyWarship $famLightWarship $famRaiderShip $famHvyCoastalShip $famLitCoastalShip $famCarrierShip $famSubmarine

SelectFaction = $GER
EvalDiploItem = AUS;$diDefensiveTreaty
SelectFaction = $AUS
RegInit = 11

SelectFaction = $AUS
EvalDiploItem = GER;$diShowSupport
RegInit = 12

RegInit = 13
RegSum = Registry 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
RegInit = 14
RegSum = Registry 9 10 11 12
RegEval = 13;<;14
RegDeactivate = NULL

Actions
// DescEvent = evt_desc_GER_Algesiras1906_gerwin

SelectFaction = $GER
AddDiploItem = MOR;$diDefensiveTreaty;CURRENT
AddDiploItem = MOR;$diMutualSupply;CURRENT
ChgFacRelationships = MOR;50
ChgFacRelationships = AUS;5

SelectFaction = $FRA
ChangeFacMorale = -5
SelectFaction = $GER
ChangeFacMorale = 5

SelectFaction = $GER

SelectRegion = $Meknes
ChgColonialPen = 25
AddRgnDecisionAct = $rgdCustoms;CURRENT

SelectRegion = $El Rif
ChgColonialPen = 25

SelectRegion = $Tangiers
ChgColonialPen = 25

SelectRegion = $Rabat
ChgColonialPen = 25

SelectRegion = $Safi
ChgColonialPen = 25

SelectRegion = $Marrakesh
ChgColonialPen = 25

SelectRegion = $Agadir
ChgColonialPen = 25

SelectRegion = $Zagora
ChgColonialPen = 25

EndEvent

[/color]

Christophe.Barot

Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:38 am

actually here is the report of french event, so please note to invert scriptreport relating to events

SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 48770: Started processing event: evt_nam_FRA_Algesiras1906_Francewin
Line 48770: Event already referenced, current occurences 0 Max allowed: 1 <<Active>>
Line 48773: Min date evaluated: 1906/01/01 converted to turn 3745 current turn 4061 True
Line 48774: Max date evaluated: 1919/12/31 converted to turn 4081 current turn 4061 True
Line 48775: Probability evaluated: Probability 0 rolled 16 False [color="#FF0000"]// did not test the other ones this time but will correct this line[/color]
Line 48777: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 48780: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 48782: RegInit 1
Line 48784: RegInit 2
Line 48787: SelectFaction, selected: Grande-Bretagne
Line 48789: RegInit 3
Line 48792: SelectFaction, selected: Grande-Bretagne
Line 48794: SelectFaction, selected: Grande-Bretagne
Line 48795: RegInit 4
Line 48798: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 48800: SelectFaction, selected: Grande-Bretagne
Line 48801: RegInit 5
Line 48804: SelectFaction, selected: Russie
Line 48806: RegInit 6
Line 48809: SelectFaction, selected: Piémont-Sardaigne
Line 48811: RegInit 7
Line 48814: SelectFaction, selected: Etats-Unis d'Amérique
Line 48815: RegInit 8
Line 48818: SelectFaction, selected: Prusse
Line 48820: RegInit 9
Line 48822: RegInit 10
Line 48825: SelectFaction, selected: Prusse
Line 48827: SelectFaction, selected: Autriche
Line 48828: RegInit 11
Line 48831: SelectFaction, selected: Autriche
Line 48833: RegInit 12
Line 48837: RegInit 13
Line 48838: RegSum All Into Registry 13 end value 0
Line 48839: RegInit 14
Line 48840: RegSum All Into Registry 14 end value 0
Line 48841: RegEval: Registry 13 Value: 0 > Registry 14 Value: 0 : False
Line 48842: RegDeactivate
Line 48848: SelectFaction, selected: Espagne
Line 48857: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 48870: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 48872: SelectFaction, selected: Prusse
Line 48875: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 48902: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 48905: Finished processing event: evt_nam_FRA_Algesiras1906_Francewin

[/color]

Return to “PON Mods”