Christophe.Barot

an attempt to allow British game in Egypt and Sudan

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:47 pm

You remember Gordon ? Khartum, Omdursman ? is presently hard to see an Anglo-Egyptian army to fight the mahdi, and actually any british going through Egypt, as Egypt is a full independant nation British troops can't even cross
oh, well, while nominally independant, Egypt was at the times, like persia and Morrocco, a de facto protectorate
- so here is an attempt (way to treat Egypt will have to be discussed, but here is the first test)

SelectFaction = $CMN // will allow to all to see it
SelectRegion = $Quairo
StartEvent = evt_nam_GBR_EgyptianTakeover|1|1|evt_txt_GBR_EgyptianDebt1876|Event-img_GBR_EgyptianDebt1876|$Quairo|NULL // will write strings of text and copy an accurate image of either Arab landscape or british troops from other events

Conditions
MinDate = 1882/04/01
MaxDate = 1919/12/31 // is just for the test
Probability = 100 // more testing and tuning about conditions later

Actions

SelectFaction = $EGY
SetColStatusArea = $Colony_Egypt;$colProtectorate
SetColStatus = $Quairo;$colProtectorate // [color="#FF0000"]I hope they are the correct orders (can please someone help, test and see what is wrong) , I had big problems, as, unlike Persia or Morrocco, Colony_Egypt ... just didn't exist ... aaargh - wad ? anyway, it didn't work, was it because Egypt didn't exist at first, cause I still was in 1.03 d after reinstalling - 1.04 lag - or cause downgrading from national status not possible - or else ?[/color]

SelectFaction = $GBR

AddDiploItem = EGY;$diDefensiveTreaty;CURRENT [color="#FF0000"] // goal is to allow British to cross Egypt in friendly (supply, no fight) terms with Egyptians, if there remains something of them (I could have tried to write some absorbfaction orders, but ... anyway, if transfer of territory worked, Egyptions would have sever supply problems ... err, but the brits, now allied after all, but with doesn't solve army maintenance problems if any (how much Manufactured goods and troops do landless Egyptians need ? [/color]

SetSOIVals = GBR;$Colony_Egypt;5 [color="#FF0000"]// could have set some for other nations, in future will be 4 for GBR 2 for FRA -1 for Italy and severe penalty for all others (but TUR) - seems not having worked
[/color]
SelectRegion = $Quairo
AddRgnDecisionAct = $rgdCustoms;CURRENT [color="#FF0000"] // A little try and Bonus, worked - if it gives a second one for Britain, oh, well , given their colonial empire, just fine
[/color]
SelectRegion = $Qairo // I begin to try to transfer regions to british, and add a colonial penetration, it worked ... but on national regions, weird, weird
ChangeRgnOwner = EGY [color="#FF0000"]// worked well, I just did select only therater egypt area, so desert and sudanese egyptian provinces were untransfered - is just a test you know[/color]
CreateStruc
SetType = $CONSULATE
SetName = Egypt resident Palace
Apply [color="#FF0000"]// great, worked (on national territory though), next step I try with a pyramid[/color]
SetColonialPen = 50 [color="#FF0000"]// worked well, but still areas are national and SOI doesn't seem to appear[/color]

SelectRegion = $Alexandria
ChangeRgnOwner = EGY
SetColonialPen = 50

SelectRegion = $Dumyat
ChangeRgnOwner = EGY
SetColonialPen = 50

SelectRegion = $Suez
ChangeRgnOwner = EGY
SetColonialPen = 50

SelectRegion = $Giza
ChangeRgnOwner = EGY
SetColonialPen = 50

SelectRegion = $Fayyum
ChangeRgnOwner = EGY
SetColonialPen = 50

SelectRegion = $Suwayf
ChangeRgnOwner = EGY
SetColonialPen = 50

SelectRegion = $Gharib
ChangeRgnOwner = EGY
SetColonialPen = 50

SelectRegion = $Bawiti
ChangeRgnOwner = EGY
SetColonialPen = 50

SelectRegion = $Harijah
ChangeRgnOwner = EGY
SetColonialPen = 50

SelectRegion = $Mut
ChangeRgnOwner = EGY
SetColonialPen = 50

SelectRegion = $Asyut
ChangeRgnOwner = EGY
SetColonialPen = 50

SelectRegion = $Suhaj
ChangeRgnOwner = EGY
SetColonialPen = 50

SelectRegion = $Qusayr
ChangeRgnOwner = EGY
SetColonialPen = 50

SelectRegion = $Luxor
ChangeRgnOwner = EGY
SetColonialPen = 50

SelectRegion = $Baris
ChangeRgnOwner = EGY
SetColonialPen = 50

SelectRegion = $Aswan
ChangeRgnOwner = EGY
SetColonialPen = 50

EndEvent

[color="#FF0000"]more of it later - any explainations for SOI and area status welcome[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

Return to “PON Mods”