Christophe.Barot

An attempt to duplicate historical China Carving

Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:44 pm

Here's the script I tested (placed it in CHI events), and a few comments - wanted to test an historical placement of concessions, no longer limited to germany (AI needed a boost to instal a colony there I guess, matter of prevalence)

SelectFaction = $GBR
SelectRegion = $Qingdao
StartEvent = evt_nam_GBR_Chinacarving1901|1|2|NULL|Event-img_GER_Tsingtao1896|$Qingdao|NULL //named it Chinacarving, wanted to reuse image for Quingdao event, didn't work -didn't create a text yet, guess I have to indicate something for event appear to all [color="#FF0000"]- I still wonder about the |1|2| means event happens once ? and the second figure ?[/color]

Conditions
EvalIsAtPeaceWith = CHI //wanted to put this test, and was the case

SelectFaction = $CHI

EvalRgnOwned = $Shanghai // tested date, and China still owning Shanghai, dates are not the historical ones, but I was at end of game, and wanted to test, guess if we have several tries, I'll have probability go down, wanted it to happen at once for test
MinDate = 1901/01/01
MaxDate = 1919/12/31
Probability = 100

Actions

SelectFaction = $GER
SelectRegion = $Qingdao

SelectRegion = $Qingdao
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI //worked fine everywhere, for germany is a bit of overkill, but we can plan to have transfer of concessions for all powers we got some in same event, not just germany

CreateStruc
SetType = $Railroad1
SetLevel = 1
Apply [color="#FF0000"]// I had more problems here, seems It didn't build - first error messages announced duplicates (i deliberately didn't put check condition about preexisting railway, I know I should - also i was announced too many occurences, limited to 999, but no idea what the system referred to - forgot to make a screenshot - and it seems none of building worked - not sure, guess I had written $Railroad and not $Railroad1 or $RAILROAD1 (what is correct spelling ? does case matters ? also I didn't set a health, should I have done ?[/color]

SelectFaction = $GBR
SelectRegion = $Weihawei [color="#FF0000"]// I have encountered this sort of line duplicated several times, necessary for syntax , or can I write actions in sequence once faction and province selected ?
[/color]

SelectRegion = $Weihawei
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI

CreateStruc
SetType = $Railroad1
SetLevel = 1
Apply

SelectRegion = $Canton // seems to me was French historically, will check- just tried that way to compensate for Shanghai
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI

CreateStruc
SetType = $Railroad1
SetLevel = 1
Apply

SelectFaction = $USA
SelectRegion = $Shanghai

SelectRegion = $Shanghai // Choice between USA and Britain, for concession/objectives= opted for USA, historically France had interests too -[color="#FF0000"] also should have put some loyalty to all of them, should I have to set a few population of them to have region annexable ?[/color]
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI

CreateStruc
SetType = $Railroad1
SetLevel = 1
Apply

SelectFaction = $FRA
SelectRegion = $Zhanjiang

CreateStruc
SetType = $Railroad1
SetLevel = 1
Apply

SelectRegion = $Zhanjiang
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI

CreateStruc
SetType = $Railroad1
SetLevel = 1
Apply

SelectRegion = $Kuangsi
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI

CreateStruc
SetType = $Railroad1
SetLevel = 1
Apply

SelectRegion = $Beihai
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI

CreateStruc
SetType = $Railroad1
SetLevel = 1
Apply

SelectFaction = $RUS
SelectRegion = $Lushun // a mix of Manchurian railroad occupation by Russians - for Coal and link to Port Arthur you know, and treaty where FRA-GER-RUS coalition forced victorious japan to retrocede conquered Port Arthur to "neutral" China .. who kept it and had China recognize concession - needless to say, Japan went mad after that "humiliation"

SelectRegion = $Lushun
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI

CreateStruc
SetType = $NavalBase
SetLevel = 2
SetName = Port Arthur Krepost [color="#FF0000"]// goal was to compensate destruction due to conquest - while systematic self-restraint is historically debatable (compare cossacks and chinese regular army behaviour at beginning of Boxer conflict), still in general regular troops should definitively NOT destroy facilities in colonies the way savages are supposed to - scorched earth is a bug, not an accurate historical feature - worse even, once destroyed, base can't be rebuilt as you can build in occupied national provinces but NOT in occupied colonies (absurd, but .. bug ?) [/color]
Apply

SelectRegion = $Lushun
RemoveStructure = $stuFort;ALL;SINGLEFAC

SelectRegion = $Lushun
CreateStruc
SetType = $Fort
SetLevel = 1
SetName = Port Arthur Krepost [color="#FF0000"]// fort never built - is it correct choice of item , not Fort1 ? - guess it's because you can't build some in colonial areas - someone can confirm ? but-strange - it gave his name to the base which wasn't Krepost at first (krepost means "Fortress" in Russian) - should add some loyalty for Japan, and perhaps 5% population to have Japan able to claim the area as war conditions ? or need it some coding elsewhere ?, Russian could never demand Manchuria in spite of their huge warscore, it just didn't appear[/color]
Apply

CreateStruc
SetType = $Railroad1
SetLevel = 1
Apply

SelectRegion = $Liadong
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI

CreateStruc
SetType = $Railroad1
SetLevel = 1
Apply

SelectRegion = $Liaoyang
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI [color="#FF0000"]//didn't work because ... I had forgoitten Liaoyang - THEN I launched reduced event - had checked and rewritten spelling/identity of failing parts, Liaoyang, Fort of Port-Arthur, railways, and run event in same time as a new egyptian one - nothing happened ! and I had message of excess occurences, "limited to 256" - is system limited in number of events - besides fact they increase calculations and waiting time - or had my first firing of event (didn't rename it) exhausted its effects ??[/color]

CreateStruc
SetType = $Railroad1
SetLevel = 1
Apply

SelectRegion = $Mukden
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI

CreateStruc
SetType = $Coal3
SetLevel = 3
SetName = Mukden Ugol // was very good news, building mine, naval base, and transfer (first try) had worked fine, problem being fort (in manchuria colony) and railroad
Apply

CreateStruc
SetType = $Railroad1
SetLevel = 1
Apply

SelectRegion = $Haixi
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI

SelectRegion = $Ninguta
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI

CreateStruc
SetType = $Railroad1
SetLevel = 1
Apply

SelectRegion = $Sanxing
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI

SelectRegion = $Jilin
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI

SelectRegion = $Harbin
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI

CreateStruc
SetType = $Coal3
SetLevel = 3
SetName = Harbin Ugol
Apply

CreateStruc
SetType = $Railroad1
SetLevel = 1
Apply

SelectRegion = $Jiamusi
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI

SelectRegion = $Heilongjiang
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI

CreateStruc
SetType = $Railroad1
SetLevel = 1
Apply

SelectRegion = $Nenjiang
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI

SelectFaction = $JAP
SelectRegion = $Fuzhou // historically was Fukien, had 2 close candidates, chose one, will check which one is an objective for japan, just wanted to test

SelectRegion = $Fuzhou
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI

CreateStruc
SetType = $Railroad1
SetLevel = 1
Apply

SelectRegion = $Tainan // Taiwan was historically conquered by Jpan, but no event for it - a casus belli at most, and Japan was very passive in my game, so duplicated gain - of course, one has to think if carving must take effect if China is played by a human player - a CheckAIlevel = 1 can be set to condition transfer
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI

CreateStruc
SetType = $Railroad1
SetLevel = 1
Apply

SelectRegion = $Taibei
ChangeRgnOwner = CHI

CreateStruc
SetType = $Railroad1
SetLevel = 1
Apply

EndEvent
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

Return to “PON Mods”