Conrad6787
Private

Playing as Afghanistan-Any point to it?

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:42 pm

I used the SwitchFaction command to try to play as Afghanistan, and boy their army is very impressive for a small nation. No wonder they beat the British three times. However, I was wondering if there is any way to ever make the economy take off as this faction? Manufacturing goods would be close to unobtainable. Also, is there any way to annex the neighboring nations? Would like to hear from anyone that attempted the play as this nation.

-I see that the country has Absent Research, Trade Closed, None for Economy-seems no way to make money although the troop recruitment window has a formidable army to recruit. Not to mention their starting army is close to a 100,000. Awesome research, according to history this is a very accurate portrayal of the country. However, also does not produce anything, not even conscripts. Realistic and seems its unplayable for a reason.

Gen. Monkey-Bear
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:51 am

To be honest, I doubt if anyone else has played as Afghanistan. The problems you mention are very daunting. Perhaps try declaring war on a neighbor to make things more interesting?

The game was really designed to play major powers. I tried Mexico, for example, and it was also pretty difficult. I think that any minor country simply can't compete with the big players like Great Britain.

Sir Garnet

Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:38 am

Answer: No, not unless a substantial amount of modding work went into making it enjoyable - poor and landlocked is very limiting.

The minors are not fully fleshed out - instead, they are set up with a view to a human great power player. Some can be playable, however - you might check out the multiplayer forum for several massive multiplayer games with minor countries being actively played such as China, Persia, the Ottomans, Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Argentina, Mexico, and Sweden.

Return to “PON Mods”