bojoloko
Conscript

Novice modder having a question.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:25 am

Hi, guys! Firstly I want to thank you for this magnificent game. It is a pleasure playing it. My question is: I added Belgium and I want to create Marine Infantry, just to have more units, but the problem is I can't create them. I tried, but nothing happened. I created 2 .UNI files. The first one is in VGN/GameData/Models here it is
UID = 11276
NationTag = BEL
Name = Marine Infantry Regiment
Alias = mdl_CMN_Inf1840_Marine1
TemplateUID = $mdl_CMN_Inf1840_Marine1
Color = $colBELNavy
Portrait = mdl_CMN_Inf1840_Gar1.png
TechUpg = -1
The second one is in VGN/GameData/Units

UID = 10372
NationTag = BEL
Name = Marine Division
Alias = uni_BEL_Inf_1840_Div
ShortName = $Marine Division
Text = $uni_txt_CMN_Marine_Div
Color = $colBELNavy
SymbolID = symbol_DivMar
ModelType0 = $mdl_CMN_Inf1840_Marine1|4
ModelType1 = $mdl_BEL_Art_Fld5|1
TechAutoUpg = -1
FamilyType0 = $famLeader|1
FamilyType1 = $famLine|4
FamilyType2 = $famLightArty|1
CmdCost = 5
Pillage = 0
BuildRule = $recCity
BuildWeight = 5
AIColAffinity = 0
Area = $Theater_
CustomNames = 1o Div. Mar.|2o Div. Mar.|3o Div. Mar.|4o Div. Mar.|5o Div. Mar.|6o Div. Mar.|7o Div. Mar.|8o Div. Mar.|9o Div. Mar.|10o Div. Mar.|11o Div. Mar.|12o Div. Mar.|13o Div. Mar.|14o Div. Mar.|15o Div. Mar.|16o Div. Mar.|17o Div. Mar.|18o Div. Mar.|19o Div. Mar.|20o Div. Mar.|21o Div. Mar.|22o Div. Mar.|23o Div. Mar.|24o Div. Mar.|25o Div. Mar.|26o Div. Mar.|27o Div. Mar.|28o Div. Mar.|29o Div. Mar.|30o Div. Mar.|
As you see I used the Italians for model how to do it. But my game doesn't load any marines. So what to do? Thank you in advance. :)
P.S. If you can make this thread sticky so other people having that problem can see it. :)

PhilThib

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:57 am

I see 2 potential issues:

* the UID numbers are wrong, as those numbers are already used.. You have to use the last entry # +1 in both cases, so they should be 11726 and 10822 for models and units respectively
* when adding these models and units, you must also add the alias numbers above inside the corresponding alias file of the Aliases repertory

Once this is done, remove the cached file in both the Units and Models folder of the Gamedata repertory...if you don't do that, the game will read the cached files and not the files including your additions...after you restart the game, new cached files will be re-generated with your additions

bojoloko
Conscript

Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:47 pm

PhilThib wrote:I see 2 potential issues:

* when adding these models and units, you must also add the alias numbers above inside the corresponding alias file of the Aliases repertory
How to do that? I did the first one, but the game crashed when I changed the numbers. Thank you for your fast responce.

lodilefty

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:20 pm

bojoloko wrote:How to do that? I did the first one, but the game crashed when I changed the numbers. Thank you for your fast responce.

In the \Aliases folder, add enties too bottom of:
mdl_alias.ini [the new models]
uni_alias.ini [the new units]

don't skip any number in either file...

remember to delete \Gamedata\Models\Models.cached and \Gamedata\Units\Units.Cached
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

bojoloko
Conscript

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:13 pm

Well, thank you both for the responce, guys, I appreciate it. Sadly nothing happens, so I think I would give up. I used Notepad, by the way. Good nighy all.

Hobbes

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi Bojoloko. This is confusing to me. You may be able to use notepad to create a new unit - but are you also using notepad to add them to a scenario?
It seems like you are trying to use a shortcut method to change a scenario. The easiest way to change a scenario is to read the mod guide and then just
take an existing scenario and rename it. Then load it up. If you can do this you can then make small changes to get a better understanding and the rest is easy!

Cheers,
Chris

bojoloko
Conscript

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:22 am

Hi, Chris,
if this is confusing to you, it is to me as well :D , I didn't get the idea why to change the scenarious. I want to add a new unit, I read the WikiAGE, but nothing in particular that I didn't do. I created Aliases, unit, models, connected te UID, so I after all that I read I think I do everything right. However I really appreciate your help and advises, guys, thank you a lot :) .
Cheers,
Bojo

Return to “PON Mods”