Laruku
General of the Army

China Mod

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:30 pm

I have just made the China Mod, including:

Starting with China as a playable nation
Laws and Decrees
Missions

No special music apart from the Chinese tunes already in the game.

Backup your files before copying and pasting on your Pride of Nations directory.

Now this is a part of the SpanishMod

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=22279

Version 1.02

Some pictures:

China is the 17th power in prestige

Few colonial options. Here the Urumqi colony.

Objectives, military power and prestige.

Few factories and lot of silk.

Two missions added: best rice and fish producer

Laws and decrees available

Have fun!

More info: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?561998-China-Mod

yellow ribbon

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:45 pm

thank you so much... :p ompom:

we were already out of interesting nations in our multiplayer game in our company ^^

Kensai

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:53 pm

Amazing work! I'm definitely gonna do Greece myself, sooner or later. :thumbsup:

wosung

Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:13 pm

Hint:
Screenshot No. 5, largest rice producer screen is in Japanese, not Chinese.

Regards

Laruku
General of the Army

Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:51 pm

wosung wrote:Hint:
Screenshot No. 5, largest rice producer screen is in Japanese, not Chinese.

Regards

Thanks wosung, but not my fault! There are two names mistaken in

VGN/Graphics/FrontEnd/EventWindow

EventBack_CHI.png

and

EventBack_JAP.png

are with the wrong names! Now they are fixed in my mod:

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:24 pm

This is really a question about the Spanish Mod 1.02, but has to do with China so I'm including it in this thread.

How does the mod (or the game, for that matter) handle the Taiping rebellion and the later phases of the Opium wars? I'm assuming the Harmonious Fists would have to appear in a short scenario because it's kind of hard to predict that the conditions that gave rise to them would exist at the end of the 19th century.

But circling back to the Taiping rebellion, I'm assuming there's some kind of seriously life-threatening internal disintegration event(s) modeled, and that these should probably leave China looking a bit like a basket case until the very end of the period being covered.

I guess what I'm driving at is that there are two ways of doing China in the 19th century. One is to try to model historical reality, which should make it an interesting challenge for the Chinese player just to keep something that resembles a country together. The other is to take more of an alternate history approach (in the style of EU II).

I'm also wondering to what extent any part of these mods (especially Spain) will ever get integrated into future official patches. The answer, in part, probably has to do, to some extent, to the answer to the preceding question.

I guess what's running through my mind is that the Taiping rebellion probably needs a special scenario a bit like the Indian Mutiny.

A few years back Richard Berg designed a board game on the Taiping Rebellion that appeared in S&T magazine. It was quite an eye-opener, and included limited intervention by non-governmental troops like Ever Victorious Army --the Shanghai merchant community's private army the was commanded by American and eventually British officers (including Gordon of Khartoum fame).

Laruku
General of the Army

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:09 am

I'm sorry to say that I haven't touched any events for China. Just I made it playable, added some laws and missions and modified the newspaper header graphics. By your comments I understand that China was not made oficially playable for the difficulties around the Taiping rebellion and some events that don't work. I have read that is almost impossible to put down the rebellion by a human player, less by the machine. Something is half baked in China, afaik.

PhilThib

Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:44 am

I tried many times the Taiping rebellion chain of events and it's perfectly possible to put it down..it will just be bloody, as in history (over 20 Million death toll!!)...

The trick is to capture the Taiping capital, once they have got Nanking. If they don't, you have to wait till their leader dies, then take the capital (but I am afraid this last case does not work properly, I'll need to fix it) :cool:

Kensai

Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:34 pm

In our 16-nation MP over at the Paradox forums, I play China and I am about to give the finishing blow to the Taiping disturbance. I already have more than 500 of warscore against them. Will a peace offer work?

It is available in the diplomacy screen albeit this being a "full war".
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

PhilThib

Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:38 pm

No, you can't offer them peace...it's a civil war to the finish...you must eradicate them completely :D

Thomas Niksa
Conscript

Wed May 02, 2012 8:09 am

I want very much to play this add-on. After figuring out how to unzip an .rar file, I extracted the Spain Mod into my VGN file. Then when I tried to start the game, I got the following message: "Several errors and have been generated and the application is stalling. Please contact AGEOD or Paradox games and post the game logs located here: [nothing follows]" Can someone assist me with this?

gotrek
Corporal

Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:15 pm

Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but will this mod be made available for 1.03 ?

Return to “PON Mods”