ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Sons of War (RUS Gold Mod)

Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:57 pm

Metalist wrote:I cannot form a division that has more than 10~ elements, so biggest one I can form has something like 9k men. My White opponents, on the other hand, able to form divisions containing up to 24 elements. I play as Reds in the grand campaign, it is December 1918.

It may be intended for the mod (or it was already such in vanilia game?)
IIRC, this feature is already in some Ageod games, simulating the learning of big organization (Whites were already professionals).
So, if it's actually not a bug, the forbidding should be lift in some times.

Zenvar
Private

Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:47 pm

Metalist wrote:Hi all. Thanks for the mod, I am enjoying it so far in a PBEM game. However, I have a problem. I cannot form a division that has more than 10~ elements, so biggest one I can form has something like 9k men. My opponents, on the other hand, able to form divisions containing up to 24 elements. Any suggestions on why this is the case? I play as Reds in the grand campaign, it is December 1918. I made a fresh installation, and play the game on Steam, if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

As you can see it works for Reds too.
You have to look at not only units. but their composition too. You can unite in division up to 24 units, that's true. but in the bottom right you can see inspector panel and there can be up to 32 subunits. Some units can contain more than one subunit. So, for example if you have 10 units, that have 32 subunits in total, you can't add no more unit.

Metalist
Sergeant

Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:23 pm

Hi all, sorry I forgot to update. Apparently that was a faulty installation, although I followed the installation steps mentioned in the first post. I tried another method, and now it works just fine, here I write it in case someone needs it:

1) Unzip the mod inside the game folder "Revolution Under Siege Gold" so it sits alongside but not inside the RUS folder.

2) Modify the modpath.ini file inside the same folder using notepad or notepad++

Delete the line that says RUS and instead write SonsOfWar.

To revert to regular RUS, just reverse the step above.

Nikel

Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:36 pm

This is how the mods have always worked in Ageod games.

Return to “RUS Mods”